“Choose wisely”

Price range: US$11 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Variable value, Choose your preferences with care. Fantastic gluten free option dessert not advertised as such in the shop (took some home I liked it so much!) Beautifully and proffessionally presented and served. Wonderful choices of coffee tea etc. you pay a little mre for the 'upmarket ' atmospherere

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My companion went in for breakfast recently as a treat, and I ordered the croissant and toast option, and my friend had scrambled eggs on toast with crispy bacon. The breakfasts looked amazing - mine presented on a pastry case platter. However they had obviously assembled mine whilst cooking hers, and as a consequence it was cold. Cold toast I can accept, croissants, never, but as my friend was so enjoying hers I didn't want to spoil it by complaining. But then I went to the loo. There are only two loos for the restaurant, (woefully inadequate especially in the summer when the garden is full as well), so after getting fed up waiting outside the ladies I opened the door to the gents. The urinal was full of urine, and the floor covered with loo paper (this was at 10.30am) so I quickly shut the door and waited again for the ladies, counting the cobwebs on the ceiling. When I eventually got in there all the white pipes were covered in grit and dust, the handle of the loo brush was filthy, and it all needed a good clean, preferably with industrial strength bleach. When I complained, politely but firmly, to the manageress (?) she was much more offended by the fact that I had complained than she was concerned about the state of the loos, which she said she would look at later. Enough said.

2  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is my third visit here and I enjoyed the food today as I previously have.
My Aunt, my Gran and I stepped in for a cuppa, some soup (Gran) sandwiches (my Aunt and I) and cake. The food is superb with the sandwiches full of filling, served with small handful of salad with dressing and crisps. Soup today was mushroom and tarragon, which although not enjoyed by Gran (she's a bit particular in her tastes) was very nice. My Aunt and I both had the coffee cake with walnut decoration and it was absolutely to die for!! A hearty slice was served leaving my Aunt beaten and unable to finish hers.
For the three of us to eat and drink was almost forty pounds which for a cafe does seem a little steep but you are given good sized portions.
The staff were very friendly, attentive and helpful (Gran ordered from the child's menu as she doesn't eat big portions these days.)
This would have been a five star review but on visiting the toilets I was surprised to find them a little unkept and smelling somewhat unpleasant (as someone has previously mentioned) This wouldn't put me off visiting again though as everything else is so very nice.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I come here sometimes for lunch and mostly enjoy the food although try not to eat in as it costs nearly double. A sandwich which may cost £4.50 would cost £8.50 to eat in. They have a great cake selection but the last time I went my sandwich was only average which was a shame as I usually have such a lovely sandwich. Maybe they were having an off day!!

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Been meaning to write about twyfords for some time. Food great and service prompt and efficient however the ladies loos are dire. Been many times and am always surprised that they remain grotty .

1  Thank Matthewsh