“It should be beautiful if”

Batis Aramin Resort and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lucban
Malvar, Batangas, Philippines
“It should be beautiful if”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

My wife and I visited the Batis Aramin expecting it to be a good place to rest while visiting the Lucban town proper. Since we are only couple, I asked the Reception to book me on a room with a queen size bed and they reserved the Anahaw Room 112.

When we arrive there and we paid the room, I was told to wait for the guide. The guide diidn't arrive so one of the receptionist volunteer to accompany to our Room.

The first thing that you will notice is the hanging bridge, it okay but the walk way is very dark.
Over all , the place is ok but , the question, whether you will like it or not, I can say, you will be frustrated.

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy it, here's my TIP 1. Avoid all the Anahaw room, you will be frustrated w...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ArielPablo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

A large group of us had stayed here for 3 nights renting out the Hilltop Rooms in the resort; two rooms which accommodated 4, and one accommodating 12. I found quite a few issues with our stay: After a long journey from Manila, the 12 of us checked into our rooms to find that the water was not working. Desperately looking for some water to flush the toilets with, I went down to the pool to find it empty. It was raining and I was forced to look for somewhere that had a gush of water flowing just to get a bucket. To make matters worse, the toilet was blocked and flushing it was impossible. This issue was rectified after few hours so a big thanks to the lady who pulled up her cleaning gloves. The smell of the rooms were damp and so too were the beds. The best thing about the rooms were that they were clean enough and that they had hot showers in them. Now, being the rooms at the top of the hill, I figured that this is the reason that replenishing water or cleaning our rooms was something that the resort was not interested in doing because every time we came back to our rooms, our bins were still filled, no new water had been put on our table. I understand that we were in the province and that it wasn't a Manila hotel, but the prices we were charged were as if we were there. These rooms (the ones that accommodated 4) were charged at PHP3500 per night, PHP5000 for the one that accommodated 12. That is a night in a Makati hotel. All rooms also included breakfast, however the one that slept 12 people only had coupons for 4 people. The breakfast was a set basic breakfast everyday, in other words one choice only. Had you chosen anything else, it would end up on the bill. The reason for our trip there was to hold a family reunion, which was in the Jose hall near the pool. We only rented the hall, which was with tables, chairs and tablecloths and decided to have the food prepared ourselves. Of course, as luck would have it, it poured on this day and this day only. No fault of the resort, however the stray cats and dogs that were walking through the hall under that tables which were a turn off and the toilet amenities were not to scratch. Many of us were disappointed that a resort that has such good reviews could let us down. This resort has so much potential to be so much better. It sure is lovely on the outside with it's pools and outdoor areas, flying foxes etc but it will need a lot more attention to make it a desirable location to return to.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hilltops and received service only when requested. Perhaps the rooms closer to the...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Paula E

Travellers are raving about these Lucban hotels

Quezon City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

The family checked in on November 2, 2012, and 3 rooms were available. The rooms were cozy, clean and with thin bedsheets. The staff were very polite and courteous, what was envisioned as a relaxing stay soon turned out to be a nightmare. We were assigned at Marikit Rm 103 initially, but the room beside us was a family from the nearby town tayabas. However, around 6pm, they started drinking, and playing loud music.We complained to the front desk, and were told there is a noise curfew at 12 midnight, so we just waited it out. However by 930 pm we were offered to transfer to the room above Rm 111 ,. We were expecting the noise would be drowned out a bit, however to our dismay, it was still too loud way above a relaxed sleep that was envisioned. Despite this, we managed to catnap only to call upthe front desk again at 4AM to complain. The noise died down we finally got to sleep, and checked out at 11:45am the next day. Nary an excuse from the management, despite the rules of the resort and the lame excuse they did not check since bringing of sound equipment was not allowed. So they could not do anything about the noise? What about the other guests who wanted a relaxed vacation? My children did not even took pictures of the place , disgusted with their unpleasant experience. Next time, please be strict with your guests' what are the rules for when you cannot implement it. The room next to ours brought their own sound system thought it was against the resort's rules and yet they did not confiscate it nor could they ask their guests to follow the resorts
's rules. I wonder, such a trip went to waste...Better try other resort hotels next time. This place was highly recommended but if the rules are so lax, all the efforts are for naught.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank unrequitedlove
Laoag City, Laoag, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

It was indeed an unexpected luxury in the mountains. We went to Batis Aramin expecting rustic settings since this is, after all, quezon province. We were given a quick tour of their rooms (it seemed like there were a hundred rooms to choose from).

After much huffing & puffing, we reached the Hilltop Hall and never wanted to go back down. Who would, with very modern amenities, majestic view of Mt Banahaw in the distance, and a private pool to boot! I didnt get to test the waters, so to speak, because the pool was downright icy! Thumbs up for the ecological measure of doing away with chlorinated pools. Adventure camp was a stone's throw away so there was still much to do.

Now for the downside. It was DARK when it gets dark. I mean pitch-black like when you get blind-folded. They kept lights to a minimum at the hilltop area, no lights in the pathways and driveways. We got lost twice driving, looking for a way out for dinner. Now why in the world would we waste time & gas just to have something to eat? Because the food was pricey! Entrees cost 300++, rice meals 200++ and so on. We were just 1.5 km from Lucban town proper. There we had a sumptuous dinner for less than 700pesos. There were 5 of us and I think we ordered almost all of their inihaw & cooked ulam.

Another let-down was breakfast. They only gave 2 complimentary breakfast for a room that occupies 4 persons. So we had to bite the bullet and order extra breakfasts. The food took forever to arrive, and over-priced at 150.00 each.

Over-all, it was a grand experience. Yes we would go back again, next time bringing our own provisions.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Tina M
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

I went to Batis Aramin for a weekend of relaxation and a sort of personal retreat. Since I was looking forward to going to a place where can be in the midst of a natural setting, I wasn't quite expecting very comfortable amenities. Much to my surprise, I found the place to have a beautiful mix of modern amenities and still be situated in a forest setting with a grand view of nearby Mount Banahaw.

The area is huge. It almost seemed like a little village by the edge of a forest wherein the houses were spread apart. There were a lot of large housing units that could accommodate a lot of people. All over the place were lots of swimming pools nestled in the midst of the many trees and plants. In some of the pathways you can see the beautiful mix of landscaping and nature. The variety of plants seemed to have been arranged but in such a way that they still looked like they were just growing there naturally.

In the housing units, there are several rooms. There were rooms that could accommodate large groups and even rooms for one to two people. There are a lot of common areas in the housing units for dining, relaxing, etc. All around there were places to sit either indoor or outdoor.

I went there with a fairly big group of 20. Since I wanted a bit of personal retreat I didn't stay in the hilltop unit where the group stayed but stayed in a single room about a couple of minutes walk away in another housing unit. The unit was small but very cozy. The place was very clean and was above my expectations. The aircon was very cold. There was a 32 inch flatscreen tv with cable. There's an intercom to contact with the resort staff. The beddings were very clean and smelled very pleasant. I got to look at some of the other rooms where the rest of our group was staying and the rooms were also very presentable. I actually thought things would be extremely basic, maybe even rustic. But the place was beautiful. Its not a 5 star hotel of course, but I had nothing to complain about.

The food was another big plus! Since we were a big group we were able to get a very affordable package which included both the lodging and the food. The package included meals and snack from lunch to lunch! All of it was buffet. The food was always good. The volume of food in the buffet was also very generous that we would most of the time have lots of left overs. Since we were always full from the buffet meals, I never got to try ordering a la cart. By the way, they also have 24 hours room service.

I have nothing to complain about service. Everything we needed was attended to. There were always staff around and even in the common area next to the dining room of the hilltop there were always staff members present.

One thing I very much appreciated about the location was the continuous cool breeze flowing all over. Sometimes it even got quite gusty which was a very pleasant relief during this past scorching summer. The interesting thing was that while it was very hot in manila, it was actually very cool at Lucban. I don't know if it had to do with the mountain or the forest, but the place was cool and the breeziness was so refreshing.

I noticed a lot of other activities around the place like wall climbing, zip line, campfire areas, and even sports facilities. I understand they even offer team buildings. As we walked around the place, I noticed there were a lot of groups all over the place. Some were having seminars and team building workshops. Others were friends or families on vacation. But since the place was so huge, the place didn't seem crowded at all. There were so many pools so that you could easily find one that no one was using if you wanted to have a sense of privacy.

The only drawback I could think of is that many leaves often get blown into the pools because of the constant breeziness. But that isn't much of a bother anyway.

An excellent place to be next to nature without sacrificing modern comforts.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor of a housing facility and because of that you can sometimes hear people...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank LouieAguinaldo
Lipa City, Lipa, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

About 3 hours of drive from the metro, if you're driving fast enough...you'll have a great time in batis aramin and of course just a few meters away is the famed Kamay Ni Jesus.
There are a lot of activities that Batis Aramin offers. The Team building we had was my first time and i really enjoyed it. Since its cheap to stay here.. please don't expect a lot but of course if you want more than what you can pay.. you have to pay .The hot summer is easily erased by the chilly mountain spring pool. 8 all in all. The man made falls is one of my favorites here. You also have to tell the management to give you a room that the air conditioning works; really works so you wont get disappointed. Food is a okay.. actually, they made some great dishes for the group although not everyday is like that. some hits.. some misses.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Gabby B
Fort Collins, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

While, Batis Aramin calls itself a ‘resort’, it should be noted that the presence of a water park is the only attribution we could find to the ‘resort’ title. As a place of lodging it earned poor grades in most categories. Our experience was further compromised by a group of roughly 60 noisy adolescents participating in an under-chaperoned school trip. There was a great deal of underage drinking [determined by counting bottles the next morning], and loud late night parties in adjoining rooms.

Our particular room was poorly furnished and poorly maintained. There was just one single electrical outlet. The room had two lights that didn’t work. The hand held shower head leaked more water around a broken fitting than came out the nozzles. The shower water faucet was so loose that we worried about it coming off in our hand. When one showered, most of the bathroom floor gets wet. . There were no top linens for the bed. Instead, just two small thin blankets were provided; I guess we were supposed to bring sleeping bags. The TV was a simple tube type affair which we didn’t get to use because we needed the one plug for other purposes. The doors and windows closed poorly; one worries about theft with so many teens nearby. Cats roamed the property. If the noise wasn’t enough to hinder sleeping, we also awoke frequently because the AC would quit randomly and had to be restarted. And finally, the Internet [which reached only to the lobby] required re-starting every half hour.

Our room was approximately 3m by 3m which was just large enough to hold a queen bed and a table. The ceiling had a funky design which felt 60-ish. We were given a mini soap a package of shampoo, and a roll of toilet paper. Surprisingly, the towels were soft and fluffy. There was no daily maid service.

Breakfasts were a comedy of misunderstandings. The first morning, we got an unexpected 6AM call to our room asking for a breakfast order and requesting we go for breakfast at 7AM. When we arrived at 7AM to the dining room it was full of screaming teens. Our breakfast had been pre-cooked and was served cold. Breakfast consisted of toast and egg only. There was no Jam, no Juice, no fruit, no dairy. I was reminded of ‘dorm food’. Due to the need for an early departure the second morning, breakfast was scheduled for 5:30. When we got to restaurant and it was dark, so we went to the front desk and by 6:00 they had things going. We sat at a table with dirty tablecloth from last night’s meal, marveled at how maintenance was not replacing the 1/3 of the lights that were burned out, and ate the same cold tasteless meal as the previous morning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank djonce
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucban
Graceland Estates & Country Club
Citilink Hotel
#1 of 3 in Lucena City
Samkara Restaurant & Garden Resort
Villa Socorro Agri-Eco Village and Farm Resort

Been to Batis Aramin Resort and Hotel? Share your experiences!