Exterior/Hotel location & view:
The hotel is located very far from Florence. Even with moderate driving it takes 30 minutes to reach the city center. The area is industrial with high voltage power lines next to the hotel. Rooms are facing toward the power lines and a small river that has mosquitoes during spring time.
Public Areas/Reception Staff/Check-in:
Staff seemed very "stiff" trying to be professional but was not made you feel welcome nor friendly. The only friendly person we encountered was a woman at the reception. The hotels give the perception of a pseudo-expensive 4-star hotel. Leather couches and bronze/gold decoration. Slow speed free Wi-fi works inside the public areas with an annoying password you have to take a ticked each time from the reception.
The breakfast experience was horrible. Cold croissants, sweet taste of omelet, burned-coil-like-bacon and generally the lack of variety. Also one day we had to eat the leftovers of other clients, nothing on the buffet (not even bread) and when I asked why the buffet is empty the explanation I received from the staff was just a plain "Sorry" not even an explanation. They did not even provide us an excuse. Other customers were complaining but nothing was done. Persons in charge were absolutely absent. The next day the buffet was normal by some kind of miracle
The rooms were spacious with same style 50s-60s decoration and with big opening windows. Unfortunately our room had a very bad smell and odor of cigarette. The rooms have old carpets on the floor with ugly stains and spills on them (even coffee stains). Obviously the carpet absorbs all the smells & odors. Not healthy at all. Stains are also on the wall and on the old tapestry. We tried to sleep and we could not sleep from the strength of the cigarette odor. The next day we complained at the reception and the only option they offered is a change of room, the receptionist did not feel to really care if we slept or not. We were given the excuse that the rooms are non-smoking but some customers smoke. Rooms had an old tube-TV and refrigerator.
Cleaning service was provided every day.
I cannot suggest this hotel for anyone staying to Florence. The gas price and the bad quality of services do not justify the price difference that you will find with other Hotels closer to Florence. I would never come back to this Hotel. I have stayed on Starhotels before (in Milan) and the experience was far better there.
+Price compared with other hotels in Florence
-Old carpets inside the rooms
-Expensive for the services provided
-Location is very far from Florence (30mins driving)
-Located in industrial line next to high voltage power lines
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Starhotels Vespucci in Florence. We're located in the Campi Bisenzio commercial area, opposite I Gigli shopping mall, close to Peretola airport and 25 minutes' drive north from the heart of Florence.At our hotel you can enjoy the ideal combination of traditional comfort and technology - perfect when you're away for business. There are 79 relaxing rooms in our 4 star hotel, two conference rooms and a fitness room open 24 hours a day. La Polena restaurant serves excellent international and local Tuscan cuisine; our bar is the perfect spot to meet with colleagues and clients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Starhotels Vespucci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Vespucci Florence
- Starhotels Vespucci Hotel Florence
- Starhotels Vespucci Province Of Florence/Campi Bisenzio, Italy