“Far from Florence”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Campi Bisenzio
Sydney, Australia
“Far from Florence”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed here as part of our European Cavalcade Tour for 2 nights. Hotel far out from Florence, Bus No. 30B on Via Alamanni next to Stazione Centrale takes 25 mins and cost 2 Euros. Room size was reasonable. No free WiFi offered. No tea or coffee making facilities in room, but small fridge available. Included dinner was reasonable, as was buffet breakfast. It was Sunday so nearby shops/supermarket closed by 2pm. Hotel staff recommended a pizzeria within walking distance for dinner. Great place to eat, good price with large portions. Most authentic Italian food while on tour. Would not recommend this hotel for its location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melistopher C
brunodacatania, Proprietario at West Florence Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
I am glad to learn that you were overall satisfied with your stay at our property. You spent nice words for the structure as well as the staff - unfortunately you did not notice, or your tour director forgot to inform you, that tea/coffe making facilities are available on every floor, or you could have enjoyed a tea or coffee whenever you wanted.
You mention our location far from Florence, but this is known detail. All those who make a booking both on an individual basis or on a tour have our address and know where we are, so it's not a surprise. As a matter of fact, many are the reasons why Tour Operators book their groups in the Florence metropolitan area. I agree that as a single traveller coming for tourism you would rather stay downtown Florence, but when on a tour staying in the outskirts has its advantages...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I found most hotels in Italy small, just enough room to sleep ! On the other hand the bathrooms were ok in size, al but this hotel. My group of 67 all have stories to tell about their rooms. I thought it interesting that I had to turn sideways to get into the shower, and any movement would shut the water off, I had no chose of a bath since there was no tub, the towels were right over the toilet and next to the small shower, so remove before hand, smile. Well I kind of figure it out, I first part the soap all over me, got in shower face first so the water won't run in eye while trying to turn body around. I had my own america funniest vistor try to shower going on, I laugh so much my roomie knocked to see if I was ok. Well, she had not went into the bathroom yet. (Surprise) she is as large as me (14ish). Her story was different in that she stayed on the outside of the shower doors and let the water run down the drain in the center of the floor ! Now some had a bathtub that you had to climb into and sat down on rim and spin yourself out of.
All in all I'm glad I was only visiting, there's no place like home !
No English stations on TV; but the room was clean and simply furnished.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a bathtub room unless you are a size 5.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SadeNY
Thank you for your comments, I'm glad your stay at our hotel gave you something to laugh and write about, something funny you will gladly remember.
You're right, no place is like home, especially because you build it or size it according to your needs which you know. As a matter of fact, since you end your post with the suggestion directed to those who read to specifically ask for a room with tub - why did YOU not ask in advance for such if you knew you would need it?
HOUSTON
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed for one night as part of a Trafalgar European Accent tour.
The room was a reasonably good size, clean and modern. The room had a small fridge that took a day to get drinks cold! The bathroom was excellent.
Breakfast had an excellent selection with large varities.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank whitecake2000
I wish to thank you not only for your nice comment, but for the positivity I can get out of it. Let me say that such positive attitude seems to be referred not simply to your stay at our Hotel but to life itself, and I believe this is noteworthy and commendable. It seems like your stay was nearly perfect, and since I am aware that we're all but near to perfection I thank you for reminding us that we - all of us - could more often stay focused on the +'s than the -'s...
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed for 2 nights as part of a Trafalgar European Cavalcade tour.
The room was a reasonably good size, clean, modern and had AC.
The room had a small fridge that took a day to get drinks cold.
The bathroom was excellent.
Breakfast had a good selection.
We had an included dinner meal that was very ordinary.
They have a few paid time options for the internet.
The hotel is close to a supermarket so it was good to stock up on a few snacks for the bus.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
I'll call you up when I'll decide to hire a sales agent in your area....
I'm joking, but how else can I thank you for so briefly but also so exhaustively presenting our Hotel in such an appealing manner! Don't worry, I am aware that we're not perfect and can and need to improve! But comments like yours are the reason why we keep climbing that staircase day after day.
Herzeliya, Israel
Reviewed 29 August 2013

very poor hotel, not orgenized for families(4 peoples), bad and uncofortable beds, very simple bathroom and fitings, very thin towel, simple breakfast, no vegetables, salty omelette.
good location, unpolite crew

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear customer, I invite you to e-mail and provide me with more details concerning your stay and what went wrong. Something you write is simply incorrect, since we ARE organized for families (we offer connecting rooms, three rooms for 4 people with two double beds each, several triples....); something else (unpolite crew) should not be and surprises me, since nearly all the other comments on the staff are positive. If you let me know the details, I will investigate the matter. In the meantime I excuse myself for an unpolite conduct by one of our staff.
We offer the american-type breakfast, which as you know includes scrambled eggs (sorry if that day was salty...) and sausages but not vegetables. Had you let us have your such request in advance, we could have managed to prepare some vegetables for you.
Did you book on your own or were you with a group? Did you inform us of your requests? Please let me have more info, thank you .

Travellers are raving about these Campi Bisenzio hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Located in Campi Bisenzio (10km from Florence), the hotel is quiet, has comfortable rooms, AC, small and clean bathrooms.
Our room had a balcony which overlooked a nice pool. I'd say the pool it's only for decoration purposes only, not for the hotel guests. We were told it's only for restaurant patrons. :(
No free WiFi and the bathtub could use curtains.
The continental breakfast was good with choices for any taste (cold cuts, cheese, cereals, yogurt and pastries).
Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
honolulu
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our hotel stop here was part of the Trafalgar european accent tour. One thing I can say about this place, the single room was small and bare. The air conditioning didn't work yet, guess it wasn't ready at the beginning of June. Internet was available but you had to pay for it. The bathroom was standard shower and included a bidet.

The tour provided dinner at the restaurant next door. The dinner was acceptable although the dining area was very small. I think there was another tour there at the same time so our tour group was situated in a small area and noise kept reverberating, almost seemed like a cafeteria than a restaurant. Breakfast was located in the 2nd floor area, not sure why they didn't also provide dinner for us in that area since it was more spacious and relaxing. Breakfast was your standard fare, eggs, meats, etc. On the 2nd floor there was also a lounge area to relax in.

The grounds was nice, with a garden area to lounge and walk around in.

Still the rest of the hotel didn't make up for the small room I stayed in. one other recommendation, hotel staff were conversing outside the hotel and their voices (although not loud) carried upstairs, they should probably keep it down when walking below the guests rooms.

Room Tip: ask for a larger single room, the one I stayed in was very small.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank hawaiitravellerinsf
I note and appreciate your kindness in making your point. It's a pity that you gave us only two points after that you so clearly (and positively, I must say) described our property. Let me provide you with some answers, in the hope that figuratively -and more importantly, inside of you- we can obtain another point or two.
You're right, in early June (contrary to last and previous years) this year the weather was still cold and rainy and the a/c had not been turned on yet. On the opposite side, we switched it off on Oct. 10 because it was unusually hot until early October.... Bizarre weather...
I have no means to understand what other group or event was there during your group dinner. All I can say is that our staff tries and organize group dinners al least one hour apart from the other, but this depends on the tour schedule, if the groups arrive on time or are delayed by the trafic, etc., so it happens that two groups dine at the same time - thus reducing the space and increasing the loudness of the voices. Dinner can only be served at the Restaurant next door because the one on the second level is ONLY a breakfast area, it's not equipped to prepare and serve a full meal.
I don't think it was the Hotel staff that walked outside talking loud, nevertheless I apologize for any inconvenience such loud speaking may have caused you, whoever did it.
Finally let me spend a word concerning the rooms: you say that the single room was small, but it's intended for one person. Doubles, triples and family rooms are larger because they need to accommodate two, three or more people. Besides, our singles have either a single bed (in which case the room itself if more spacious) or a double bed (thus offering a more comfortable sleep but less room space). You don't specify which bed type you had, but in both cases we offer a comfortable stay. Maybe, if you had asked through your t/d a double room for single use, for a little supplement we could give you a double room instead.
I hope you got my point and that in your mind you'll be willing to raise your evaluation of our Hotel. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campi Bisenzio
#4 of 8 in Calenzano
Hotel Centro - Campi Bisenzio
Hotel Centro - Campi Bisenzio
#9 of 10 in Campi Bisenzio

Been to West Florence Hotel? Share your experiences!