“Brings you back in Time, Amazing Experience”

Hotel Villa Casagrande
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I loved our stay in at Villa Casagrande, the front receptionist (gentleman who's dark with green eyes) helped all our needs, exceptional customer service. Loved the cooking lesson in the original kitchen, it's definitely our high-light of the trip, the italian ladies were sooo sooo nice and the food was unbelievable. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travel b
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa Casagrande

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here 20+ times on regular business visits to Figline over last 10 years.

It's the obvious place to stay and is interesting to read other reviews. For sure the rooms differ greatly in style - the majority are fitted out well in classic modern style. The older rooms are fun and some are huge ... but perhaps best in season when heating is not an issue - in fact I think these rooms may not even be offered in low season as heating would cost an 'arm and a leg'

In 20 visits I've only used the in-house restaurant a couple of times - but when I did it was excellent. There are so many great restaurants in town - from cheep and cheerful Il Torre (always full of locals - but rubbish plastic chairs) but favourite is by Incisa Aurostrada junction (can't recollect name but within 30m of till booths!) / again not the sort of place a 'tourist' would pull over for ... But always full of locals and the first choice for business lunches... Final suggestion is Cristale next to the big hypermarket just to North of

By the way - Check out the 'Leaning Tower of Figline' it beats Pisa by a mile ... And 5 degrees!! Just off the main Piazza

So in conclusion - The Casagrande and Figline are darned good places to stay - without all the pomp if Sienna and San Gimignano but an altogether more solid experience of Tuscany - as solid as the town walls that the hotel is a part of !

Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank graham s
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

The spa was amazing and the service in the spa was great. Beautiful garden, its like a labirinth trying to find the breakfast room :-)
Only down side, was the service..not so nice cause we used groupon reservation.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank sakinsey
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We recently stayed at Viall Casagrande in Tuscany and had a very unique and enjoyable experience. The beautiful grounds, the personal service made it a highlight of our trip. Even though we found the mattress in the room harder than we were used to, it was quickly forgotten when we had our first of three tuscan cooking classes with Paola and Diana. Their charm and genuine personal touch with sharing and educating on the best traditions of Italian cooking are something we will always remember and recommend to friends. The hotel also has the wonderful advantage of being within easy driving distance of Firenze and Siena and numerous wineries but still providing the sought after charm of a smaller town like Figline Valdarno and the charm and pace that makes it a better vacation than could be found in a larger urban centre.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larsamundo
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights during a recent tour of Tuscany. The rooms vary from chic, to shabby chic, to shabby. So, book with care. There are smoking rooms so make sure you are specific that you want a non-smoking room, and a room with a window that opens (yes, some don't open).

I had to change rooms 3x ,up and down stairs, and had to drag my bags on my own.

The walls between room are very thin.

They also asked me to leave my passport at the front desk while they showed me to the room, so they could make a copy. I refused to the leave my passport out of my sight. I don't think they liked that too much. But, when I travel, my passport doesn't leave my sight.

The front desk staff can either be very helpful, or downright rude, depending on who you get.

The lobby and areas off the lobby are somewhat modern and somewhat contemporary. Other parts of the hotel are rustic. I don't have issues with either, just an interesting mix

The hotel is in a fun location -- the local town has every type of store you can imagine. Though note that many places are closed mid-day for siesta.

Just book with care. You can have either a really good experience, or horrible -- based on you room, and who you encounter at the front desk.

Oh, yeah, the pillows are hard as rocks.

Room Tip: make sure to ask for a room with a window that opens; and is non smoking. room 142 isn't bad...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank glutenfreep
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We just spent three nights here and enjoyed ourselves. The hotel staff is very nice; lots of good information and very attentive. The spa was Ok. Staff is wonderful but hot tubs in Italy dont seem to get very hot :) massages were relaxing but not enough pressure for us. no soap in the spa showers was odd too.

Breakfast in their restaurant was just average. They were out of scrambled eggs two mornings and their automated coffee machine didnt taste great.

The little town is quaint and has a couple of good places to dine. - do take the time to have a top quality meal at Amici Mia - The owner Roberto (Bob) is the perfect host and will treat you better than family. His chef is creative and Bob has wonderful taste in music (jazz, blues, etc)

Be careful pulling out of the parking lot. we ended up using the exit further away from the hotel front door just to avoid getting hit

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Delphenis C
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I spent 2 nights in this faboulous hotel with my friends to celebrate my birthday shopping in the nearby through famous outlets and eating good Tuscan-style food. We have been definitely all surprised by the great atmosphere of the building itself, the rooms, clean and beautiful, the service. the quality/price is invaluable. I booked a massage at the Spa and it was just fabulous. Unofrtunately we regret that the SpA was already fully booked, therefore I cannot review it, and I advise to book it in advance. The restaurant within the Hotel is a great location with good food and careful service, so tasty that we decided to spend our second dinnner back here. I will definitely come back, I would add a star, it's at least 4 (the basic I usually book).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel del Lago
Hotel del Lago
#1 of 2 in Cavriglia
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica ...
#1 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti

Been to Hotel Villa Casagrande? Share your experiences!