This was my first holiday in Italy. I chose Tuscany because I adore the film Tea with Mussolini and wanted to visit the area, particularly San Gimignano but to make the trip doubly special, I also booked to see Andrea Bochelli on 21st July. I stayed at La Palagina as I had previously met the Director in The Bahamas last Christmas. In fact, it was he who persuaded me to visit La Palagina. Eric also booked my concert ticket and arranged my airport pickup - with a quick tour of Pisa. What service! La Palagina was more than I had visioned from their web site. The rooms are stunning (I had room 22) - each one is individually styled with top quality furnishings and small touches most hotels do not provide. The view !! Olive groves, cicadas, lemon trees, roses, grape vines, the Tuscan hills, the hotel's beautiful gardens and swimming pools. La Palagina is perfect in every way. I will definitely be going back to Tuscany and to this hotel. La Palagina is classed only as a 3 star hotel. How can this be ? I give it 5 stars....the service, the staff, the quality, the decor, the gardens, the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa La Palagina is situated in a seventeenth century villa that belonged to the Nobel Florentine family Ricasoli and is located in the heart of the Chianti region and is a stone throw away from Florence. All rooms offer a comfortable stay, decorated with beautiful frescoes and equipped with all amenities, including air-condition, mini-bar and satellite TV. In our luxurious restaurant you can enjoy the delicious dishes of the chef accompanied with the extraordinary Italian wine, magnificent views over the Chianti hills makes the experience complete! Two Infinity pools are there to relax, dream away and enjoy your cocktails. The Villa is surrounded by 110 hectares of olive groves, vineyards and forest and we produces our own wines and extra virgin olive oil which is for sale in our reception. In the direct neighborhood you can hike, horseback riding, play golf, visit wineries, explore the antique markets or do your shopping at one of the various big brand outlets as Ferragamo, Armani and Gucci.... Our professional and friendly staff of Villa La Palagina is always willing to give you the best information about the area and can organize all kind of activities such as cooking courses, wine tastings, rental cars, private tours to fulfill your wishes. Villa la Palagina the famous Tuscan cities Arezzo , Cortona and Siena Please come and visit us and fall in love with our property! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Villa La Palagina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Palagina Hotel Figline Valdarno
- Hotel Villa La Palagina Figline e Incisa Valdarno, Tuscany, Italy