Locanda Senio is an inn, restaurant and apartments situated in a small town in the mountains north-east of Florence and Tuscany. It is run by Ercole and his wife Roberta who does the cooking. They have been there for 29 years. We visited previously 14 years ago, and it is as friendly and quiet as ever.
We stayed for a week in one of the small apartments furnished with antiques, eating breakfast and dinner in the hotel. The locanda is popular with walkers and the surrounding hills (up to 1200m or so) have excellent and well signed walking routes. You can be supplied with routes which radiate naturally round Palazzuolo, or you can be driven to a starting point further away and make your way back over the hills. There are also road and mountain cycling paths, but we didn't try these modes of travel.
The walks were completely uncrowded, except for butterflies and wild flowers. A photo cannot do justice to the beautiful views across the hills and down to the valleys and the distant plain of the Po.
After the walks we had the option of a sauna/jacuzzi and there is a swimming pool which benefits from the warm evening sun.
Dinner is a special event! At least five courses, small in quantity but delicious in taste and interesting in creation. Roberta uses fresh local food and in particular the herbs which grow freely in the surrounding gardens, woods and meadows. There is an excellent wine list and Ercole is pleased to advise the best to match the evening's menu.
On request, Ercole will be pleased to teach you some simple tips how to prepare food as an Italian would, an enjoyable way to whet your appetite if you need such encouragement!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Locanda Senio: where stay is fine In this medieval town, Ercole and Roberta created a jewel of Tuscany hospitality: Locanda Senio. An hotel of a refined and searched style, itimate with perfume of peace, mirth and carefree in each season: in front of a lighted fireplace, toastig chestnuts and sip a good red wine, oder at the edges of the swimming pool with hot water immerse in the garden with rare herbs. The bedrooms 6 peaceful and beautiful rooms and 2 suites, these with fireplace, are all furnished with some local antiquarian pieces and each corner passes on owners’ care and attention. Family furnish and old mobiles repropose guests all the memory and the sentiments of the old time without forgetting modern conforts. All the rooms has a indipendent bathroom , lot of fresh and good air. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Albergo Diffuso - Locanda Senio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda Senio Palazzuolo Sul
- Albergo Diffuso - Locanda Senio Palazzuolo Sul Senio, Italy - Tuscany