“Amazing food and great atmosphere!”

Bauernstuben im Hotel Ochsen Post
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Tiefenbronn
Price range: US$10 - US$36
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Milano
“Amazing food and great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Beeing here for a job dinner, everithing was excellent, from starters to dessert, top quality!

We had a nice and big goose masterfully cooked, and great wine.

Staff was very kind and professional, helping us to enjoy this nice and very typical restaurant!

Will be a must stop in my next trip in the Schwarzwald!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Claudio S

Bruxelles
“Sorry seems to be the hardest word”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

It took me some 6 months to write this review. Can one write such a negative comment after we have been in the Bauernstuben for many years? We were for another family dinner out last weekend in the Pforzheim region and we avoided again going to this place, so I thought it is finally time to do it.

Many of my co-contributors praise - rightly - the nice atmosphere of the Bauernstuben and the hotel Ochsen-Post. The atmosphere is still the same. Even the quality of the food has not changed. What has changed for old customers is that the Bauernstuben has reacted to the crisis as many others do (raise the prices and cut the costs).
Let me tell you my story: We had reserved a table for 10 persons (incl. my small son and some elderly people) for a lunch on Saturday. We were on time and had the menu a la carte. We had aperitifs, with the starter a white wine and with the main course a red one plus mineral water. I was surprised to note at a certain moment that I was not asked whether the service should bring a new bottle, when the old one was finished, but simply a new bottle was opened (which was in both cases from the upper end of the price list). Not so surprising that the half full/empty bottles were taken away (and ended in the kitchen). Moreover, I had with a friend a Chateaubriand which came at some 60 Euros for 2 persons. It was a huge chunck of meat (well prepared, no doubt, but who wants to eat 300-400 gr of grilled meat per person?). When we had finished the service came and asked whether he could bring the second serving. I wanted to quit already, but my friend said that we would take another piece. We waited for this for some 30 minutes while my other guests had already finished their main course. So nobody got any decent dessert, as the service said when we had finally finished that the kitchen would now be closed (the owner/chef was sitting with other guests/friends and did not care). I left frustrated with a check of some 600 Euros - on which I found later that the second serving of the Chateaubriand was bllled with another 60 Euros.

Die Kurzversion auch auf Deutsch: Die Bauernstuben sind nach wie vor ein sehr schönes Restaurant, aber die Krise hat auch hier Ihren Preis: hoch mit den Preisen und runter mit den Kosten. Für alte Stammgäste, die hier viele Familienfeste gefeiert haben, eine große Enttäuschung. Nur ein Beispiel, das symptomatisch zeigt, was schief läuft: In der Karte wird ein Chateaubriand für 2 Personen für ca. 60 Euro angeboten. Ich teilte den Berg Fleisch mit einem
Freund. Sobald wir fertig waren, tauchte der Kellner mit der Frage auf, ob er nun die zweite Lieferung bringen dürfe. Mein Freund sagte, er würde vielleicht noch eine Scheibe essen. Nach 30 Minuten Wartezeit kamen dann noch einmal 500 gr. Fleisch. Auf der Rechnung entdeckte ich später, dass auch ein zweites Mal 60 Euro abgebucht wurden. Auch alles drum herum sprach nur eine Sprache: Verkaufen, verkaufen, verkaufen - so viel und so teuer wie möglich. Damit hier keine Missverständnisse aufkommen: Wer gute Leistungen bietet, soll auch gut dafür bezahlt werden, aber das soll, wenn schon nicht mit Charme, dann zumindest redlich passieren.

• Visited October 2012
13 Thank JoachimBruxelles
Greenville, South Carolina
“Fantastic Bavarian style food in beautiful setting”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I had a business dinner here with a party who live in the area. They chose this place as one of the best. I was not disappointed. The city is typical Bavarian quaint and clean. The restaurant is behind the hotel and very nicely appointed in the typical motif for the area. The food was excellent. I had a perfectly prepared steak with salad and soup. The service was attentive and friendly. Many of the staff speaks good English, so no problem there for me, even though I could have my colleagues translate.

I recommend reservations. We got the last table on the night we went, and I am told they are busy most nights.

Also, outside the entrance to the restaurant, there is a small "caboose" that can seat 7 people, very closely around a table. There is a small wood burning stove in there, and it can be reserved for a full course meal in a unique atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank nonnino
Weil der Stadt, Germany
“Wonderful food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The food and atmosphere of the restaurant is hard to beat. They have traditional and wonderfully prepared German food. The restaurant is all open beam and post with that old German feel. It's beautiful and wonderful for a romantic dinner or dinner with family. This is a great place!!