All reviewsfresh fruitswimming poolrolling green hillsevery eveningrooms are spaciousgreat advicehalf an hourbuffet stylecalm placestunning locationalessandroquerciawinetuscanyindigohillsidesum
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Just perfect in all aspects: complete quiet environment, great personality, marvelous house renovated and arranged with a very fine taste (antique furniture, well dressed table) and love for details and esthetics, even the music is in the "style" of the house).
Perfection also in the service (as in a 5star hotel): personal appraoch by Alessandro, very kindly, good tourist tips for the surroundings.
Extremely exquisite cuisine made by the "mamma Maria": for breakfast (home-made bread and yoghurt!) as well as for dinner (local specialities in abundance, several courses with drinks, all this for only 28 euro pp.) and served at a very long table.
Panoramic vieuws in a romantic landscape, peaceful garden with large swimming pool.
Price/quality excellent. An exception in all points of views. I felt as a princess in a castle!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Veerle322
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Amazing .... relaxation, views, hospitality, local products, food. This rurual house well off the beaten path has it all !! The food and wine at dinner each night put me to sleep right away. Would wake up in early hours because it was soooo quiet but that allowed me to slip outside and enjoy amazing starlit sky and the Milky Way.

Enjoyed a three night stay with wonderful excursions to natural hot springs of Saturnia, medieval hilltop towns and Etruscan necropoli of Pitigliano, Sovana and Sarano. Not to mention the Lazio archeological site and nature preserve of Vulcii and medieval hilltop town and romanesque cathedrals of Tuscania.

Look no further and book NOW. You'll be so glad you did :-)

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing. Ask about the history of their furniture - fascinating!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris L
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Quercia Rossa is a rural house on the top of a hill with utterly beautiful views (on the surrounding Tuscan hills). The view experienced from this place is the main reason why you should stay at Quercia Rossa.
At diner all the guests are sitting at the same table to enjoy the tasty local dishes made by Maria. There was a good atmosphere and you had the occasion to meet the other guests. This is a second reason why you should choose for this place.

On the other hand the room (purple room) we stayed in was rather basic. To give you a few examples:
-The air co was really noisy at night. As “silence” is an important element in the Quercia Rossa’s philosophy I don’t see how a noisy air co fits into that philosophy. I bought a pair of ear buds because it really annoyed me.
-The first night of our stay my girlfriend slept in a bed with a broken slat, we mentioned it to the personnel and they immediately searched for a solution which was great!

I retain good memories of my vacation in Quercia Rossa, nonetheless I think they should invest more in their rooms in order to provide them with all modern conveniences. In that case this agriturismo would be top-of-the-notch!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This farmhouse is a little off the beaten path but we had a wonderful 2 night stay there. We had a quad room which was large and comfortable. One bed was in a loft area that would have been a little difficult for an adult to get to, but my 17 year old dtr decided it was her "Harry Potter room" and was very cosy up there. Everything was very clean and well kept. There was a small refrigerator in the room that we used to keep our own drinks.
The pool was lovely and the view--- well the view was so perfect, it looked painted. Breakfast was ample with homemade cakes, breads and yogurts, fruit, and juices.

We had a great dinner there one evening. They had printed menus which included the diners names. i thought that was a very nice touch.
Alessandro and Paolo were very helpful with suggestions for day trips and restaurants. We enjoyed trips to la Feniglia beach, Saturnia hot springs and especially to the town of Capalbio.
You definitely need a car to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I found la Quercia Rossa on the internet and chose it for the promising pictures. Once there I was amazed at the beauty of the Farmhouse and the breathtaking view of the Tuscan hills. The room was furnished with taste and very clean, we loved the bathtub. Best sleep ever, sooooo quiet. Breakfast is something else, with homemade bread, jams, honey. We chose to have dinner there one evening and it was a beautiful experience. They serve all local homemade dishes which you help yourself with at a buffet. You enjoy your dinner at a big table in the dining room with the other guests of the farmhouse. We did sightseeing and one afternoon at Saturnia Spa. Absolutely loved our long weekend and would recommend la Quercia Rossa to everybody!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple