Papallacta is by far the best place in Ecuador for warm, clean and relaxing thermal baths. The installations are clean, well maintained and the pools are wonderful. Also, when you stay at the hotel, there are smaller 'private' pools outside of the hotelrooms that you can use all day (and night). The hotel, rooms, food and service are nothing special and don't expect too much of it. For that matter, Papallacta is way overpriced. But there is simply no comparable option for thermal baths in Ecuador
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Termas de Papallacta is a Hot Springs SPA, Resort & Convention Center nestled in a majestic valley of the high Andes only 45 minutes driving from the new Quito Airport and 1 hour from Quito city. We are located at Km 65 on the way to Baeza following the Interoceanic road. Our resort is on the "Cinnamon Trail", the same route that the Spanish conquistador Francisco de Orellana took in 1542 when he crossed the Andean mountain range searching for gold and other treasures, and which unexpectedly led him to discover the Amazon River. Papallacta is the doorway to the Ecuadorian Amazon region, despite being in the Ecuadorian Highlands at an altitude of 10.827 feet (3.300 meters) above sea level and of an average daytime temperature of 14°C (57°F). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Termas de Papallacta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Termas De Papallacta Hotel Quito
- Termas De Papallacta Quito