“Wonderful, relaxing, top-notch small resort”
other travellers have booked this property
Relax in the evening - so peaceful
Your apartment has lots of room and wide open views. A pool with a view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Relax in the evening - so peaceful
Your apartment has lots of room and wide open views.
A pool with a view
Shall we take a drive out this afternoon or just take it easy and look at the view?
Maybe you fancy apartment Ricci with a spiral staircase?
Your own private garden - would you like lunch here?
One of the things you really want is a good nights sleep
Fancy a swim? or maybe just take it easy and read your magazine
Are you joining us for our free pizza party on Monday?
We think a nice bathroom is so important
Extensive landscaped grounds means there is space for everyone
Get lost in a big big bed!
Sunflowers everywhere in the summer
If there is anything else you need, just ask
Now maybe that is the spot to chill-out this afternoon!
I never get tired of that view!
We have lots of lavender by the steps to the pool
There is everything I need in this kitchen
Each apartment has a  unique feature
What do you fancy for lunch?
Shall we have a game of Bocce on the top lawn?
Not too much around to disturb you
There are always lots of places to sit, relax and look at the view.
Take a trip up to the mountains - spectacular!
Breakfast in bed? -  relax, you deserve it
I wonder what's in that little town over there on the hill? let's ask Bob & Ian
Sit for a while - no need to rush around here!
Lunch in your own private garden.
Lets pick something from the veggie garden for lunch
I want to find a beautiful bay on the Conero today
Lets go for a walk in the grounds
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Swedish first
Any
jwinken
Pismo Beach, California
“Wonderful, relaxing, top-notch small resort”
Reviewed 14 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Ian and Bob are British ex-pats who run a 6 apartment resort in the Marches three plus hours east of Rome. Guests are housed in spacious apartments in a rebuilt and newly decorated farmhouse, with swimming pool, an acre of lawns, and a 180 degree view of the countryside and nearby hill-towns. We spent a wonderful week there, alternatively relaxing and driving to explore surrounding hill-towns, Adriatic beaches, the largish city of Ascoli Picena, the Sibillini mountains, and some Roman ruins. The Marches are a bit like Tuscany without all the tourists. Ian and Bob are wonderful hosts, full of information on the area, and Ian in particular is good with small kids, who seem to love helping him with the yardwork. A great experience and highly recommended.

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
nwevans1
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Simply the best!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

I've just returned from a wonderful stay at Casal dei Fichi! It really was one of the best holidays ever - and out of everywhere I've been - the best accomodation!! Bob and Ian (the owners) went beyond the call of duty so many times to make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. They always have a smile on their face and before long it really felt like they were part of our group.

The rooms were lovely and clean - the location was beautiful - the pool area was stunning.

I can't recommend this highly enough!! Once again - thanks so much Bob & Ian for a wonderful stay!!! We're coming back next year - sorry!!

simevs1
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Just book it now!”
Reviewed 7 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

This is my idea of a holiday. I just wish I would have written my speech before I arrived. I like a few others descended on Casal Dei Fichi for a best friends Wedding. I was Bestman and the speech bit I mention above was the only stress of the holiday. Albeit, The early 5am starts in order to write it, allowed me to see it with eyes that others perhaps didn't. It was simply majestic at sunrise. The setting is inspiring and the ‘calm’ is spine tingling. Just beautiful.

Bob and Ian, Legends!......We took over the whole place, babies, bride, groom, grandparents, friends from all around the world. As you can imagine this could have been challenging. We mixed up all the cutlery and glasses due to mass evening meals and lunches. We cooked on there BBQ for 40 odd people a night and did a Pizza party with the outside oven for 95. Beds were moved, blankets exchanged between apartments, outside tables moved from their normally spots. Where most owners would crack under the pressure and change Bob and Ian didn't. I quote "It's good to see it used to it's full capacity" that about sums them up. They were simply fantastic and I was inspired and incredibly jealous at what they have created.... Years of hard work no doubt!....There should be no hesitation to stay here. It's more of a case of if you CAN stay here. This place must be booked up all season. Well done Bob, Ian cats, dogs and Chickens. We couldn't leave, The day we had to leave I was thinking how I could excuse myself from work for another week, Unfortunately for me they were fully booked for the next week. I will be going back asap. In fact my girlfriend is already looking for availability. Outside of the hospitality, setting and general management of this place they were instrumental in making the Wedding happen. Congratulations!!....nothing was too much. They never seemed stressed and were always to hand for information. They have created something quite special.

Travelling group: Large Group/Tour
Your age range 25-34
King-Slim
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Wedding facilitated without breaking sweat!”
Reviewed 6 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

I must add my voice to the torrent of thanks and recommendations from my friends and new aquaintences from our recent invasion of the beautiful Marche area of Italy for a friends wedding. We thoroughly overtook Casal dei fichi for a week and even overspilt to a tent in the garden. Bob and Ian were the perfect hosts not even flinching at the idea of nearly 90 people descending one day for the fun and mess of a Pizza Party for all the guests including those from other accommodatiopns. The guys are evidently well versed in looking after your needs and can adapt quickly to apparent emergencies. From what I hear they were invaluable in cutting through the tribulations of understanding the red tape and bureaucracy of getting married out there when all you speak in English!

Many thanks to them, go and say hi and then spead the word when you retuirn!

Dylan

MrChrisA
South Hams, Devon
“A Dream Setting, Perfect Hosts and a Wild Wedding!”
Reviewed 6 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Have also just returned from the same wedding and was totally wowed by Casal dei Fichi and its idyllic setting, where every hill (sides, tops and bottoms) seemed like a scene from a film - villages and towns perched on the very tops of every one with derelict barns and the occasional villa holding on to the promontories like look-out points. And at night the hills become a dance of fairy lights coming from every town.

But onto the wedding and Bob and Ian's effortless and charming concierge, chauffeuring and no doubt a huge amount of preparation. And putting up with and indeed hosting a pretty wild pizza party (was there eighty of us then?!) in their garden two nights before (those chocolate pizza's were to die for!). They even got out their classic Alfa Romeo Spider (convertible two seater of course), gave it a polish and drove the groom into town just to make him feel that little bit more special on the big day. Everything seemed to go perfectly to plan, down to the finest detail. I know this, having been an usher myself.

Many thanks to Bob and Ian!

Travelling group: Couples
ZRhodes
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect in every way.”
Reviewed 5 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011

My husband, 2yr old son Freddie and I have just returned from a week with Bob & Ian and the longsuffering dogs Balzo & Hattie and chickens who all put put up with pestering from my toddler with unbelievably good grace. We were at Casal dei Fichi for the week running up to my best friend's wedding in Mogliano and I can't possibly explain just how fantastic and welcoming the guys were - the place was thrown into chaos with endless visitors, enormous noisy mealtimes with up to 80 guests, thorough rearrangement of furniture and accommodation and constant demands for help and information. No request was too much and no job was too small in ensuring everyone was kept happy and that the wedding went smoothly - I actually don't know what we would have done without them! The apartments themselves were fabulous but the setting was idyllic. On the first morning I found Freddie in with the chickens collecting eggs for his lunch. Wedding planning is a definite added extra and not part of the average stay here but if I could get married myself again I'd want Bob & Ian on my side! In fact every single one of us would have happily moved in permanently. We tend not to return anywhere on holiday as there are so many amazing places in the world but this is certainly top of our our list. I suspect there is something for everyone here - even in the midst of the social whirl we created it was possible to get away to a quiet and peaceful spot around the house, garden or pool if you needed to escape. Thank you guys - I can't recommend Casal de Fichi enough.

jftauber
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed 26 May 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Casal dei Fichi was amazing!! We had a wonderful time,Bob and Ian are simply the best hosts you could ever ask for. We have a very active 5 year old boy with whom Bob and Ian were fantastic with him they let him get the eggs from the chickens everyday and of course was highly entertained by the wonderful Balzo & Hatti. It is also a lovely region of Italy we enjoyed visiting the markets in local villages and the beach was amazing!! We would deffinately go back again!!

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing