“A great location and perfect hosts”
other travellers have booked this property
Relax in the evening - so peaceful
Your apartment has lots of room and wide open views. A pool with a view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Relax in the evening - so peaceful
Your apartment has lots of room and wide open views.
A pool with a view
Shall we take a drive out this afternoon or just take it easy and look at the view?
Maybe you fancy apartment Ricci with a spiral staircase?
Your own private garden - would you like lunch here?
One of the things you really want is a good nights sleep
Fancy a swim? or maybe just take it easy and read your magazine
Are you joining us for our free pizza party on Monday?
We think a nice bathroom is so important
Extensive landscaped grounds means there is space for everyone
Get lost in a big big bed!
Sunflowers everywhere in the summer
If there is anything else you need, just ask
Now maybe that is the spot to chill-out this afternoon!
I never get tired of that view!
We have lots of lavender by the steps to the pool
There is everything I need in this kitchen
Each apartment has a  unique feature
What do you fancy for lunch?
Shall we have a game of Bocce on the top lawn?
Not too much around to disturb you
There are always lots of places to sit, relax and look at the view.
Take a trip up to the mountains - spectacular!
Breakfast in bed? -  relax, you deserve it
I wonder what's in that little town over there on the hill? let's ask Bob & Ian
Sit for a while - no need to rush around here!
Lunch in your own private garden.
Lets pick something from the veggie garden for lunch
I want to find a beautiful bay on the Conero today
Lets go for a walk in the grounds
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Swedish first
Any
Casal95
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“A great location and perfect hosts”
Reviewed 23 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Casal dei Fichi is a gem, lovingly restored by Bob and Ian, who are excellent hosts, always available, really helpful and good fun. Our apartment was impressively furnished, well-equipped and had its own private garden within the beautiful grounds. Walk into the village for shopping and drinks, lounge around by the pool, visit the many lovely hilltop towns (Fermo, Amandola, Sarnano and San Ginesio in particular) and the Sibilline mountains. Local restaurants serve simple food at very reasonable prices, try Le Logge in Urbisaglia or the Enoteca in Fermo for something more adventurous. Altogether, an excellent place for a relaxing break.

Travelling group: Couples
SANDE55
Leeds, United Kingdom
“THE PERFECT WEEKEND”
Reviewed 21 June 2011 for a stay in November 2010

What can I say about the gourmet olive weekend? I had first read about it in an Observer article a couple of years ago and it had been on my “to do” list since then.
I finally took the plunge and visited in November and I can say that I wasn’t disappointed, it certainly lived up to the glowing Observer write-up.

From the moment you are met at Ancona airport until you (reluctantly) return there on Monday morning you are fed, watered (or should that be wined?) and well looked after by your hosts Bob and Ian. You get to stay in a beautiful location with stunning views, to taste regional delicacies and wines you probably wouldn’t otherwise have the chance to, and get to try your hand at Italian cooking and olive picking. Best of all, unlike some organised trips, you have a measure of control over what you do. I am sure that our lunch on Saturday and subsequent stroll along the beach took longer than planned and that Bob and Ian would have quite liked to get us back to Casal dei Fichi but we wanted to visit Loreto and so that’s what we did.

So was it perfect? Well, when I stood on the roof terrace of our apartment looking at the mist covered valley as the sun rose I would definitely have said yes and I think that goes for the rest of the weekend. Any complaints? Not really, I maybe couldn’t do the food on Sunday full justice as I had eaten so much on the previous days but then it is a gourmet weekend. It all seemed to pass too quickly and we didn’t get time to see the beautiful towns of Loro Piceno or Urbisaglia properly but then that’s probably part of the masterplan – tempt you with a few titbits (the only time in the whole weekend) but make you return later for the main course.

Travelling group: Couples
TaraBLond...
London
“Perfect holiday and wedding destination in the most gorgeous of settings”
Reviewed 20 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Following nearly a year of wedding planning with Bob and Ian, we arrived at Casal dei Fichi at the end of May for a weeks holiday with family and friends, followed by our wedding at the end of that week.
Bob and Ian were tremendous wedding planners - much better than us! - and the week leading up to the wedding was so much fun and provided just the experience we were after. The setting was stunning and we made good use of their pool, their bbq, the kitchens in the apartments and their pizza oven. Each day 30-40 of our family and friends came together to prepare bbqs and salads, and sat down together to eat lunch and dinner, loving the local wine and marvelling at the amazing views over the surrounding countryside.
Two nights before our wedding day, 80 guests descended for our pizza party hosted by Bob and Ian. Our guests spent time getting to know one another while preparing their own pizzas and cooking them in the wood burning pizza oven outside. This was a great success and really helped set a wonderful relaxed, party atmosphere for our wedding day.
Our wedding at the end of the week was everything we had dreamed of and so much more - we got married in a nearby village (Mogliano) and had the reception at Villa Castellanis. The weather, food, wine and setting were all fabulous and we can not thank Bob and Ian enough for their hard work and organisation (flowers, make-up, transport, hair, legalities, etc etc) which ensured the smooth running of our day.
We can not recommend Casal dei Fichi highly enough - both as a holiday destination and as a place to get married. We are now planning our visit next year with friends.

Travelling group: Family
calico18
London, United Kingdom
“Getting Married in Italy”
Reviewed 19 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Without Bob & Ian's help getting married in Italy could have been a nightmare - as it was with their help finding the venue, organising transport, laying on and surviving a Pizza Party for 90 including children, blowing up the bouncy castle, securing hairdressers and make up artistes, sending and collecting papers from the Florentine Consulate and ensuring that the Deputy Mayor retained his sense of humour when the bride was 30 minutes late for the assembled congregation at the Town Hall - this all added up to a momentous occasion which was fabulous - far exceeding all our dreams and expectations in a beautifully unspoilt and charming part of Italy.

Travelling group: Family
jwinken
Pismo Beach, California
“Wonderful, relaxing, top-notch small resort”
Reviewed 14 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Ian and Bob are British ex-pats who run a 6 apartment resort in the Marches three plus hours east of Rome. Guests are housed in spacious apartments in a rebuilt and newly decorated farmhouse, with swimming pool, an acre of lawns, and a 180 degree view of the countryside and nearby hill-towns. We spent a wonderful week there, alternatively relaxing and driving to explore surrounding hill-towns, Adriatic beaches, the largish city of Ascoli Picena, the Sibillini mountains, and some Roman ruins. The Marches are a bit like Tuscany without all the tourists. Ian and Bob are wonderful hosts, full of information on the area, and Ian in particular is good with small kids, who seem to love helping him with the yardwork. A great experience and highly recommended.

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
nwevans1
Bath
“Simply the best!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

I've just returned from a wonderful stay at Casal dei Fichi! It really was one of the best holidays ever - and out of everywhere I've been - the best accomodation!! Bob and Ian (the owners) went beyond the call of duty so many times to make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. They always have a smile on their face and before long it really felt like they were part of our group.

The rooms were lovely and clean - the location was beautiful - the pool area was stunning.

I can't recommend this highly enough!! Once again - thanks so much Bob & Ian for a wonderful stay!!! We're coming back next year - sorry!!

Travelling group: Friends
simevs1
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Just book it now!”
Reviewed 7 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

This is my idea of a holiday. I just wish I would have written my speech before I arrived. I like a few others descended on Casal Dei Fichi for a best friends Wedding. I was Bestman and the speech bit I mention above was the only stress of the holiday. Albeit, The early 5am starts in order to write it, allowed me to see it with eyes that others perhaps didn't. It was simply majestic at sunrise. The setting is inspiring and the ‘calm’ is spine tingling. Just beautiful.

Bob and Ian, Legends!......We took over the whole place, babies, bride, groom, grandparents, friends from all around the world. As you can imagine this could have been challenging. We mixed up all the cutlery and glasses due to mass evening meals and lunches. We cooked on there BBQ for 40 odd people a night and did a Pizza party with the outside oven for 95. Beds were moved, blankets exchanged between apartments, outside tables moved from their normally spots. Where most owners would crack under the pressure and change Bob and Ian didn't. I quote "It's good to see it used to it's full capacity" that about sums them up. They were simply fantastic and I was inspired and incredibly jealous at what they have created.... Years of hard work no doubt!....There should be no hesitation to stay here. It's more of a case of if you CAN stay here. This place must be booked up all season. Well done Bob, Ian cats, dogs and Chickens. We couldn't leave, The day we had to leave I was thinking how I could excuse myself from work for another week, Unfortunately for me they were fully booked for the next week. I will be going back asap. In fact my girlfriend is already looking for availability. Outside of the hospitality, setting and general management of this place they were instrumental in making the Wedding happen. Congratulations!!....nothing was too much. They never seemed stressed and were always to hand for information. They have created something quite special.

Travelling group: Large Group/Tour
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing