“The Best Hotel in NCR”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Faridabad
Faridabad, India
“The Best Hotel in NCR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We are the frequent visitors of this hotel and can confirm that this place is tick all the boxes .Whenever we visit this place we feel there is warmth in hospitality and service.I stress and recommend strongly the quality of food here is "Excellent".Chef Gurjeevan and Nabin are outstanding in their preparation of food and Ms Rakhi and Mr Ajit are very good at reception and always helpful .Mr Gobind in service is always with smiling face .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
PPFGM, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I am very grateful that you were able to take time to share your positive experience of your frequent visits at Park Plaza Faridabad.

Entire team at Park Plaza Faridabad are glad to read your kind words and your appreciative comments. Thank you for recommending us and I am looking forward to welcome you back once again in near future.

Gagandeep Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a few days on a business trip. The rooms are modern and very clean with very comfortable beds. The quality of the food in the restaurant was very good and the restaurant staff were polite and attentive. The buffet dinner is very good value for money and the choice at breakfast was excellent. There are however a couple of criticisms. Firstly we were charged an exorbitant amount for a taxi, our mistake was not to have checked the price first so I would suggest that anyone booking a taxi through the hotel checks the price first. Secondly the reception staff members that we came across were not particularly welcoming or helpful, nodding when asked to arrange something but not actually delivering. The key point being that the reception staff are the initial point of contact with guests which means that their performance has a major impact on impression that the guests form of the hotel. They should be trained to be pleasant, welcoming and to actually deliver on the guests requests or tell the guests if they are unable to do so. The only other thing I would say is that I found the bar a bit sleazy with scantily clad singers, and I use the word singers advisedly, that is not to say that they were anything other than singers but their voices were terrible (my opinion).

PPFGM, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking time for writing us feedback. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you have enjoyed our food, service, sleep quality, cleanliness and badged us "Good Clean Business Hotel".

To get better value on taxi service, I would suggest you to take our business package, as it includes to and fro from airport. Regarding shortfall in service at reception and singers in our pub, I apologies for the service you have experienced during your stay. Please rest assured I have taken note of your comment and the matter will be addressed. Our hospitality has been appreciated by most our other guests stayed with us. Please contact myself or email fom@pkfaridabad.com for your future reservation.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Park Plaza, Faridabad.

Woodford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Three of us stayed at this hotel as we had some personal business to attend to in Faridabad. The hotel is spotlessly clean, modern and stylish, but management probably needs to put a bit more thought into guest comfort, for example:

Bedrooms were spacious with comfortable beds but a full length mirror in the would have been helpful. There were no mirrors in the bedroom at all.

Bathrooms have glass walls and look quite impressive, but need some hooks to hang towels/robes on. The spacious shower area needs to be modified so the water drains away. The shower head, unfortunately, would not stay where it was put but kept swivelling round to face the wall. On two occasions there was no hot water. Reception told us they would check and send someone to the room, but no-one arrived. Hot water then started working without any explanation or apology.

Items in mini-bar are overpriced compared to other hotels.

The music in Geoffrey's pub was too loud for guests to be able to have a conversation in there so we could not use it and had to sit in the Verandah lounge area instead for our entire stay as the Terrace Grill was not open. The two singers in the pub did not have the best of voices and were dressed in a way which was inappropriate for a respectable business hotel which has both male and female guests. The hotel should consider whether having these singers and such loud music attracts customers or puts them off. In any case, the door to the pub should have been kept closed so that the noise did not disturb guests in the lounge area. As it was, we would often find that we had loud music from the pub in one ear and piped lounge music in the other.

The Verandah lounge area was too warm with ineffective air conditioning which was partly due to the fact that the lounge is in an open atrium area. In addition, whilst bedrooms were air conditioned, the corridors were not and it felt like the air conditioning vents were actually blowing out hot air by the lifts. That said, it was exceptionally hot during our visit with temperatures at around 47 degrees and this probably did not help.

Taxis ordered from the hotel can be a little overpriced.

On the whole, staff were polite and helpful, but one of the receptionists probably needs a bit more training in how to deal with guest queries/complaints.

Food was generally good with a good selection available from a buffet and also the a la carte menu. During the weekend, the restaurant gets quite busy as local families tend to dine here and, at that time, it was disappointing that the food was not replenished promptly enough at times.

Despite the long wine list, only one Indian wine and one Chilean white wine was available which was disappointing.

On the night before departure, we requested that our bill was ready for the following morning as we would not have much time in the morning when leaving. The bill was not ready and checkout took over 20 mins as staff tried to gather receipts for us to check.

All in all, not a bad place to stay, but good be improved.

PPFGM, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Many thanks for your extended feedback. We appreciate all feedback's and are glad to see your appreciation on our cleanliness, ambiance, sleep quality, services, variety and food quality.

Regarding band / loud music in Geoffrey's, warm lounge area, staff response at reception, timely replenishment of food, availability of wines, preparations of bills during checkout. I apologies for these shortfall in service that you have received during your stay and disappointed that you did not had the great experience due to these shortfalls, although you enjoyed our clean, modern, stylish hotel with overall staff being polite and helpful. Terrace Grill was not open due to continues bad weather conditions. Please rest assured that we have taken note of your comments and all points will be addressed, along with your advise on mirrors, additional hooks to hang towel, mini-bar and taxi prices. We maintain international standards and to get better value on taxi service, I would suggest you to take our business package, as it includes to and fro from airport.

Please contact myself or email fom@pkfaridabad.com for your future reservation.

I hope we can be of service to you again in the near future. Thank you for taking your time and writing us feedback. I am looking forward to welcome you back.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I like the services offered, in park plaza, the rates are good, I got an upgrade from Rakhi and complimentary drop to airport, and she is so helpful and soft spoken. I also had good experience with service and house keeping. I loved the pool view. Food was Ok I think it needs improvement.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank shaikh98
PPFGM, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Park Plaza Faridabad on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had a comfortable stay with us. It is always wonderful and encouraging to receive such positive feedback. Please rest assured that I have taken note of your comment and the matter will be addressed. Also we have chef available to help you with your food choices. Please contact myself or email fom@pkfaridabad.com for your future reservation.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Park Plaza Faridabad in the not too distant future.

Jaipur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

i stayed in park plaza for 3rd time n i came with my wife and a 4 years baby, i had my wedding anniversary, and Rakhi at the reception was always there to attend our call and she upgraded us and sent my wife's favourite fresh fruit cake as complementary and chocolates for my daughter . she is perfect in her job. the housekeeping staff was also good and responsive. overall the attitude of staff is very good .i enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nidstan
PPFGM, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for fabulous 5 star review.

I am so happy to read that staff was helpful, your family relished staying with us and you enjoyed your Anniversary celebration at Park Plaza Faridabad.

We look forward to seeing you next time.

Coimbatore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I prefer staying at Park Plaza although there is another property nearby (where I have a loyalty for over 15 years ) Coz of their hospitality.
The property is close to our Factory as well as one can reach South Delhi or Airport within 30 minutes through the arterial routes.
From reception to Room service every department have very hospitable people who value customers time and money.
Food is excellent and you can request them to make it to your choice.
Overall I would recommend this Hotel as the best place to stay in that area.

Room Tip: The Suite rooms have a Jacuzzi and it is really relaxing after a hard days work.