“substandard hotel review”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Montevrain
Ellabell, Georgia
“substandard hotel review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I'm calling this a standard hotel review because I treated this place like a standard hotel and still got disappointed. For me a standard hotel is just a safe place for me to put my bags for the day while I travelling. I took my wife to Disneyland Paris for our anniversary, and one of the major selling points of this hotel was the free shuttle service to Disneyland Paris. And that's all I got out of it.
The good part of the hotel is that I got exactly what I was expecting. Plus the breakfast was pretty good. The bad part was the room location. The rooms that are on the bottom floor are below ground and feel very cell like. Not that comforting, but it gets the job done.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor or higher.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thomas C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Naxxar, Malta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Just came back from this hotel yesterday - I was staying in Room 136 while some friends of ours were in Room 145 - we were very disappointed with the state of the room - they have mould sprouting out of everywhere - I took some pics too. As a result of this or for some other reason (possibly proximity to the garbage room) the room had a very bad smell. We tried to bear it for the night since we were mostly there in the evenings after a day at the Parks. One other problem is that in 3 nights and I repeat in 3 consecutive nights the chambermaids never turned up and our rooms were never cleaned, beds done etc. and each night I had to go down to reception and ask for clean towels. Receptionists act surprised when I report this but I am sure they are aware that cleaning simply doesn't take place. I know we paid a good rate at Euro 120 per night but this is a four star apart hotel and I would have expected at least a decent clean room and this was certainly not and I will definitely not be returning to any Park & Suites.

Room Tip: As I said we stayed on Floor 1 and there is even a basement level perhaps ask for a high floor but w...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Montevrain hotels

Jakarta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

It's located near the la valle factory outlet and disneyland paris (euro disney). Unfortunatelly, I get the room on the corner so it's bad for me because I've to take all my lugage hardly. The room it self have complete facilities such as filter coffee, bread toast, mini simple kitchen and the bathroom have a bath tub also and very clean

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Feli C
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Arrived in the evening after going straight into the Disney parks. Had to wait 15 minutes for a member of staff to come out of the office to check us in (despite knowing we were there). We were put in a basement room - very cold and smelly. You have to walk down dark, neglected corridors, past the rubbish room (the door to this was often open so it smelt horrible) to the room. No view from the window. Very thin curtains. Wouldn't stay here again. If you get put in a room beginning with 0, be prepared for the basement!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sd926
Angers, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

after an initial problem with housekeeping which was expertly sorted out by Ludvig one of the managers we ended up staying over a month all of the front of house staff very friendly especially Brenda Paldy and Edourd rooms very clean and adequately equipped close to all the disney attractions and Val de Europe
would definately stay again
only real critisism was the music in the bar which was a series of droning funeral dirges chosen by i presume some idiot at head office with no concept of how to create an atmosphere to fill a bar

Room Tip: try get one on the back of the hotel very quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Balfron, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed in room 428 for three nights in August 2014. Our room was clean and comfortable but felt tired and in need of a coat of paint or new wallpaper to get rid of the numerous chair scrapes and marks on the walls. The bathroom was of a generous size but the fan had a crack down the middle and we weren't sure how well it was working (if it was working at all). The kitchenette area was an unexpected benefit as it saved us from spending money on lunch and snacks in the park itself. The shuttle bus was very handy but try to avoid getting the last bus back to the hotel unless you enjoy being in the middle of a scrum fighting for a seat. The front desk was always very busy and staff seemed harassed, especially at night when some guests found it fun to stop the lifts from working. When we arrived back from the park at ~10pm the bar was always closed so we couldn't even get a soft drink before bed, and there were no vending machines for snacks or drinks in the building. All in all it was fine as a basic place to stay while visiting Disneyland Paris, but it's very isolated with nothing in walking distance. My advice is to go into Val d'Europe shopping centre to the Auchan supermarket and stock up on snacks, drinks and necessities before going to the hotel.

1 Thank AmyJax83
Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed 4 nights in August, and found the whole place great, sure some places might need a lick of paint but room was clean and tidy and all we used it for was breakfast in the mornings and somewhere to sleep. The small kitchenette is a nice feature where you can do some cooking/microwaving and boil hot water for tea/coffee. Also room had free WIFI. Free shuttle bus to Disneyland parks and Village are great but not a place to stay if your looking to sightsee around Paris as its placed about 30 mile from the city centre.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montevrain
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe
Residhome Val d'Europe
#1 of 5 in Montevrain
Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe
Adagio Aparthotel Val d'Europe

Been to Appart'City Confort Marne la Vallee - Val d’Europe? Share your experiences!