We have just returned from our second visit to Disneyland Paris in the space of 2 years and stayed at this hotel for the 2nd time - it's location really sets it apart from the other hotels in the area if your after a good inexpensive base for Disneyland.
It is situated next to the RER line (about 15 seconds walk) of the Val d'Europe train station, one stop from Disneyland Paris (around 2 minutes). Train tickets to Disneyland cost around £1.50 for an adult (single) and £0.75 for a child - they run very regularly, we waited no less than 10 minutes each time we travelled. You really don't need a car when staying at this hotel.
The hotel itself is quite basic as you would expect for a budget-mid value hotel, the rooms, although they are compact, meet every need. The beds/pillows are very comfortable and the maid service is what you would expect. The bathroom has pretty much everything you will need and the shower is great. The only things missing from the room (which I would of taken advantage of) were tea/coffee facilities and dressing robes, a mini-fridge might of been nice too. Being next to the train station, you would expect to hear a lot of noise, but with the windows closed - you can't really hear any outside noises which is another bonus.
The concierge were friendly and helpful, spoke in fluent French and English and quickly checked us in and out. We have never tried the on-site restaurant, mainly because of the superb shopping mall situated about 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel. The mall has a very large supermarket (Auchen) which we have used several times throughout our trips. It is very handy buying cheap drinks, pastries, bread and other snacks there compared to buying them at Disneyland and the hotel didn't seem to mind us taking the food/drink back to our room with us. There are various dining establishments inside the mall and cafes/restaurants dotted outside the mall too which serve some great food.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone I know going to Disneyland but staying off-site and we cant wait to return for our 3rd visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Marne La Vallee Val d Europe is located in the centre of town, 20 metres from the RER suburban train station, one station from Disneyland and Marne la Vallee TGV station. 5 minutes walk from Sea Life Aquarium, Vallee Village chic outlet shoppingand the Val d Europe shopping centre, the hotel features 100 airconditioned rooms, the Pasta Cafe restaurant (closed on Saturdays and Sundays), a 24 hour bar with snacks and WiFi internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com and ACCOR so you can book your Ibis Paris Marne La Vallee Val d'Europe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Paris Marne La Vallee Val d`Europe Hotel Montevrain
- Ibis Hotel Montevrain
- Ibis Paris Marne La Vallee Val D'Europe Montevrain