“lucky”

Bryn Mor Beach Hotel
Landau in der Pfalz, Germany
“lucky”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were cycling 2 weeks through Wales, and after a hard day we were lucky to find this hotel directly by the sea. it was love at second sight. although we stayed only one night, we had a very warm welcome, a very good evening meal and breakfast. They were really kind and helpful, so we could cycle on with new power the next morning (very stormy..). thank you Ram!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anette K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bebington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We recently stayed for 5 nights at the end of May, having stayed there a number of times before. We always receive a warm welcome and assistance with our luggage. I am disabled and always book the accessible room 9, which is great as I can easily get my scooter in to charge it over night. Its got a large bathroom with a shower over the bath. This may not be suitable for all disabilities but the bath is reasonably low, as is the sink.

The customer service level is excellent. Nothing is too much trouble. If there is a problem, a quick chat with Ram or Sandhya is all that's required to remedy the situation.

The food is second to none, with both English and Indian cuisine available to eat in or take away. The hotel is fully licenced with a reasonable selection of beers, wines and spirits which are cheaper than a lot of other establishments in the area.

The hotel started life as officer accommodation as part of an base during the second world war. If you go to the museum at the airport down the road, it gives you a fascinating insight into the history of the area - well worth a visit.

I've titled this review as 'Best of both worlds' because the location is great to use as a base for site seeing north west Wales. From the hotel, its not far from Anglesey, Barmouth, Porthmadog, Abersoch, Harlech and so much more.

We intend to revisit Bryn Mor many times in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Phil P
Richmond, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst working in Caernarfon. Rooms are spacioud and clean. Good shower and sll you could want (and more) for the price.
The hosts are wonderful and cannot do enough for you. The evening meals, which I took from the Indian restaurant menu, were superb and Ram was ever attentive and full of conversation at the bar.
I left after 3 days feeling like I had been staying with old friends and I shall hopefully return to stay with them again soon.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Tankie2
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 August 2012

A family run hotel with breakfast,on arrival we were greeted with a friendly warm welcome,we had a choice of breakfast in the morning.The hosts attending to our every needs,there was a liscensed indian restaurant in the evening,the food was very authentic and delicious.I couldn't fault anything and we left feeling happy,the price is very good,would love to go next year.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with IKnowUK

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
derbyshire
Reviewed 24 April 2012

..... I've stayed here 4 times now. Just spent 3 nights there this last weekend. There are flaws, there are weaknesses, but if you want attentive service, a totally relaxed atmosphere and a reasonably priced hotel directly by the sea in a beautiful part of Wales then give it a go.

Rooms are basic and slightly small, but clean and warm. The 'bar' is not to some tastes but I find it quirky. Drinks are expensive in my opinion (£11 for a bottle of wine) as are the evening meals, but the quality of the latter - cooked by Ram's wife - is amazing. As someone who has had many, many curries over the years, I can honestly say the fish curry - freshly made - was the best I've ever tasted (£9 - but enough for two if you have the side dishes / naan).

Ram, the owner, is a true character. He just loves to talk / debate, all topics / areas - he's extremely well read and has his own, often humorous, take on things.

Breakfast is fine - order what you want - with frequent checks to make sure you don't need more of anything.

And the sea right in front of you with Snowdonia behind and so many other places of interest on the doorstep.

As dog owning smokers we are not welcome in many places; here, neither are a problem. Also found out that halal meat is always available should you want this.

Room Tip: just specify single or double
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DerbyshireRosie
London
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights. When I arrived they told me that they had given my room away to guests that wanted to stay an extra night. They apologised but said that they had no choice, which was nonsense of course. I was given a caravan. I arrived back late a night to find it freezing - they had forgotten to turn the heating on. I complained and given a heater but still spent a cold and very uncomfortable night. The daughter of the owner agreed that I should not pay for that night's stay. The second night I was put in a proper room, which is what I had originally booked. This was fine, though nothing special. The owner proceeded to fawn over me at breakfast on both days, and at the end declared that he had made it up to me and I was only entitled to half a night's discount. The service was appalling in some many ways.

My advice is not to stay here!

Room Tip: Say somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Llanrug
Celtic Royal Hotel
Celtic Royal Hotel
#2 of 8 in Caernarfon

Been to Bryn Mor Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!