“A great find in the country”
Review of Il Contedino

Il Contedino
Reserve with
Il Contedino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant where you can taste dishes of Tuscan cuisine and savor local wines. We have a wonderful veranda summer evenings and we also do fish dishes. Suitable for ceremonies or for quiet evenings with family or as a couple.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great find in the country”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

On a current trip around Italy, we stayed in Siena for a few days. We then travelled south for a stop over on the shores of Lake Bolsena. About 16 Klms south of Siena (GPS coordinates N 43 deg 14 min 43 secs,. E 11 deg 24 min 24 secs), we found a great little restaurant called il ConteDino. It is right on the main road,.. and is part of the nicest little hotel there. The Lunch Special was so good,.. we had to go back a few days later and do it all over again. Can't recommend the food, the service, the value, and the staff, highly enough. Their address,.. Via Cassia Nord 1444, Monteroni d'Arbia, Siena. Their email is ristorantecontedino@gmail.com. Their phone number is 0577-372213.

• Visited July 2014

“Great service and delicious food - a new favourite”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Came here for lunch. We selected dishes from their lunch menu. All were very well prepared, typical Tuscan dishes. Prices are very friendly as well!!

The service was accurate and very friendly. A new favourite!

Maldives
“food acceptable ...service disorganized”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I went for lunch in this restaurant, the area is nice, beautiful view, I asked for a glass of wine, and I had to ask 3 TIMES for it I had to stand up and ask for it when my food was finish...

I clearly mention that I was not staisfied, the manager and waitress were really confuse and apologized; my ravioli were really good, the dessert some peach tart ...not so much.

However I did appreciate that the manager offered me the glass of wine , at least he cared about my satisfaction, I think they are maybe not enough staff or not organized, if you have time its allright and be patient.

Pasta was really good so ...

• Visited June 2014
Sonia G, Direttore at Il Contedino, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
nice lady I remember you and I apologize for the inconvenience but that day we had two people in the disease. Could 'happen I hope it is not a serious thing
Director
Roberto Riccucci
Corona, California
“Don't go.”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely restaurant in a beautiful setting. Waited 40 minutes just to order. After an hour and a half we had to check to be sure they didn't lose our second course. We asked for our check when it was served because we thought we would never talk to anyone again. Wish we could have walked out earlier. Food was mediocre but I am not so familiar with their offerings.
I don't like to be rushed in a restaurant with such lovely surroundings but this was extreme. This was our only bad experience in Tuscany.

Visited June 2014
Sonia G, Proprietario at Il Contedino, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
gent.ile lady I do not think that he waited 40 minutes or at least having all the customers in the veranda is not possible that it was ignored. Regarding the food we pay close attention to our food if she does not like the Tuscan cuisine is not had to take our typical croutons.
to follow took a plate of pasta and a salad is perhaps a little 'just to judge our kitchen.
  You can not 'settle all sorry for her and keep account of the many positive reviews on my local where if you are in a hurry it is better to avoid us from enjoying food and fine wine in the whole territory of the peace'.
Bucks
“Great view”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Good food, even better service, fabulous view outside like looking at a Tuscan postcard. Really enjoyed the Prawn Gnocchi and Mussels.

Visited June 2014
Sonia G, Proprietario at Il Contedino, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
thank you Deborah I hope you come back soon to visit