“When reality exceeds imagination”

and 1 more site!
Castello di San Fabiano
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Charming, unique, absolutely perfect. We recently had the pleasure of staying for a night in this gem of place, if only we had been able to stay longer! There are no words that can describe the beauty of the castle that makes you travel back in time, and the breathtaking garden. The decoration of the rooms is exquisite.. the whole castle so full of history and art. The views from the castle to the beautiful Tuscany landscapes make you feel inside a Renaissance painting. The pool is the perfect place to relax, spacious, clean, surrounded by cypresses..
Breakfast is most delicious. Home-made jams, a variety of breads, fresh ricotta and other tuscan delicacies. An excellent way to start your day trying the local gastronomy.
And above all this, the owners of the castle Andrea and Beatrice and their son Giovanni are the most charming people you'll ever meet. Not only are they extensively knowledgeable about the area, daily trips to do, its art and history, and have helpful suggestions (they made a daily plan in Siena, with map, indicating each and every spot that we couldn't miss according to the time we had available, which was invaluable for us), but they treat you as family and are available, treat you as if they had all the time in the world to chat with you and help you!
Highly reccommended. Of all the nice places we've been to in a month and a half in Europe, this is the one that anyone shouldn't miss! The best place to discover Tuscany !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Beatrice and her husband were probably one of the best hosts I have ever stayed at. This includes anywhere in the U.S, and I have stayed at a lot of places over the years. The word I would use is accomodating. Especially being in a foreign country, we showed up driving a car not until late at night and they were accomodating. We slept in and they saved breakfast for us and when things didn't work in our trip plans they helped us the whole time to make sure we had a great trip. we saw almost the whole country of Italy and I really just want to return back and stay here for a week. I would recomend this place to anyone and everyone. The castel was beautiful and closs to many places you would want to see. We only got to stay there one night but it made a lasting impression on me, they treated us like family.

Room Tip: We stayed in the house that was seperate from the Castel and it was very private and beautiful with...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We, two adults in desperate need of R&R and our two teenage sons, have just returned from eight days in the Tuscan countryside where we stayed in Il Podere Capanneto, a farmhouse on Castello di San Fabiano's extensive estate. Our rooms were spacious and clean and charmingly decorated with beautiful views. Breakfasts were delicious! Andrea and Beatrice had lots of suggestions for interesting day trips in the surrounding area, restaurants and vineyards, which we followed, to return at the end of each day to relax by the large and peaceful swimming pool at the Castello before going out for dinner. A place to lose track of time ...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

All in all, just perfect. We felt privileged to stay in this gem of a place.

Superb in all the ways possible. The hosts, the whole family, are just amazingly wonderful people (plus the lovely and friendly dog "Fez") who made our visit to the Castello di San Fabiano and to Tuscany exquisite. We couldn't have asked for more and Castello di San Fabiano surpassed our expectations.

The location is excellent - a 20 minute drive from Siena and from a short distance to all the relevant places in Tuscany like Asciano, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Pienza, etc. We got very good route and restaurant tips from the hosts that made our trip even better.

The property is breathtaking, very well kept, the rooms were very spacious, luxurious, just beautifully decorated and clean. The bathroom very spacious, modern and newly renovated. The garden is beautiful and has a large swimming pool.

The hosts were most caring, sophisticated and well... just lovely :)

Also the breakfast was amazing! Beatrice bakes incredible sweet pies, croissants and home-made bread herself every day. Just to mention a few, they serve local tuscany ham and fresh pecorino and ricotta cheese from farms just within a kilometer from the Castello di San Fabiano. Beatrice also makes mouthwateringly delicious jams (e.g. watermelon and strawberry grape) that made my mornings with the fresh croissants. Everything is organic, fresh and healthy and they use fruit and vegetables from their own estate. The coffee was freshly ground and just excellent.

A big and humble thank you to Beatrice, Andrea, Giovanni and the entire family and staff (not to forget Fez!) - you made our trip to Tuscany. Will definitely come back and recommend this place to everyone! The best place to stay on our trip to Tuscany (and we were in some good places).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Welcomed as if we were close friends of the charming couple who run this beautiful, well restored and clean castle. They supplied us with very useful information about sites and good restaurants close by, and after delicious breakfast of all homemade/grown products, we left happy as real friends.
DA SOGNO!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Myself and my fiancee just returned from a week in Tuscany and Umbria. Staying at the Castello di San Fabiano was the absolute highlight of our stay. The place is beautiful and super convenient for exploring the delightful vistas of the Crete Senesi (the landscapes that typify the incredible beauty of Tuscany). The owners, Andrea and Beatrice, were incredibly gracious and welcoming and were extremely knowledgeable about the area, providing us with maps to explore the surrounding Eden. Andrea has extensive historical knowledge of the area, Italy and the world in general. After a long day of exploring the surrounding countryside, we came back to relax with a glass of wine on the veranda overlooking the property. The rows of Italian Cypresses and the star swirled sky greatly reminded me of a Van Gogh painting. Andrea was able to answer a multitude of questions and put the sights from the day's journey into historical context. This place is a must for history buffs. In fact, the castle is filled with their family's history. Busts, paintings, photographs and all the bric a brac of the last couple centuries. Stepping through the door, you feel like you've been transported back to a far richer place and time. Plus, what's better than staying in a castle? I really cannot recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonSumWin
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We are just back from our trip to Tuscany and I as far as I`m concerned we could very well stay at the castle all day long, every day of our stay! There are no words to describe this breathtaking spot under the sun. I felt so special, blessed if you want, when I first stepped into the castle`s garden, and even more so, when I met the owners, Ms. Beatrice and Mr. Andrea who were absolutelly wonderful and so loving, I could easily think of them as my second parents, and this is no joke. Even their dog Fez is absolutelly adoring!
I was first supposed to go with my mum, but I at last didn`t, and when I came home I said to her: "I have one bad and one good news. The bad is you didn`t come with me and you should feel bad for that, but the good is I loved it so much I would go with you again whenever you say, just say it, and we`re off!"
Therefore I would definitely recommend it to everyone, although I must say I would rather keep it to and for myself... :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
B_Fiorentini, Guest Relations Manager at Castello di San Fabiano, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Dear Tamara, thank you for your kind review. It has been a pleasure for us to know that you really enjoied your stay to the Castello di San Fabiano and we look forward to share our ospitality with you and your mother soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monteroni d'Arbia
Castello Banfi - Il Borgo
Castello Banfi - Il Borgo
#1 of 17 in Montalcino
La Bagnaia Golf & Spa Resort Siena, Curio Collection by Hilton
Villa Armena Luxury Relais
Villa Armena Luxury Relais
#1 of 4 in Buonconvento
Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery
Castello di Velona Resort, Therm...
#1 of 1 in Castelnuovo dell'Abate
Castello di Tornano
Castello di Tornano
#3 of 37 in Gaiole in Chianti
Agriturismo San Fabiano
Agriturismo San Fabiano
#2 of 3 in Monteroni d'Arbia

Been to Castello di San Fabiano? Share your experiences!