“Incredible stay and hospitality”
Review of Coconut Lodge

and 1 more site!
Coconut Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Las Cumbres B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Incredible stay and hospitality”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A wonderful gem to get away from the city. We arranged pickup from the airport and Mike was prompt and courteous. We were greeted by Nancy upon our arrival and were amazed at the beautiful tropical gardens and surrounding area. We stayed in the Bambu room and found the room spacious, clean and comfortable. We were the only guest at the time, so enjoyed a delicious dinner with Mike and Nancy. Breakfast was also delicious with fruit and eggs. We only stayed one night, but it will be a lasting memory. We appreciate the hospitality and commitment to making our stay enjoyable. Thank you Mike and Nancy!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Mesquite, Nevada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had a totally great experience at the Coconut Lodge. The owners, Nancy and Mike, provided service beyond the call of duty, arranging transportation for us to and from Albrook Airport, allowing us to leave our rental car at their location during our in-country trip, and providing breakfast for us the day we returned. They also provided directions by actually taking us part way to where we were going. The facility itself was first rate, located in a picturesque suburban neighborhood far from the crazy traffic of urban Panama City. The Lodge's staff person, Leidi, cooked us several great meals and could not have been nicer. She even came in on her day off to cook for us. We also stayed at a B&B on Contadora Island and in a beach house close to Las Tablas, and we can truthfully say that the Coconut Lodge is by far the nicest place we stayed in Panama. We have included some photos of our stay, including some with Leidi. We already look forward to going back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Café con Leche room on the lower level and loved it. It was close to the pool and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Pedasi, Panama
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This B&B is the ideal place to base yourself while exploring in Panama. It is a beautiful place and Nancy and Mike are incredible hosts. The meals were delicious, and we chose to eat almost all of our meals here in the idyllic setting on the veranda overlooking the pool and garden. Each room has a large private bath. The Lodge is located in one a wealthy area, one of the few areas in Panama where I felt very safe walking around. (Note: we spent 21 days in country, primarily for business and traveled throughout most of Panama). We started our trip by staying here for 3 days and enjoyed it so much that we booked our last 3 days here. We found it an absolutely Delightful, and highly recommend it. We referred to it as our home away from home.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jkjinredondo
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We live in Panama City and enjoyed a getaway to Coconut Lodge one weekend in March. It was our first night away from our three children, and Nancy was wonderfully accommodating of us. We were able to enjoy both dinner and breakfast at the Lodge--everything was delicious. We shared with Nancy that we were looking forward to some time alone (since things are never quiet at home with three cihldren! ;)) and she set us up at a private table by the pool. It was so wonderful and relaxing. We enjoyed the pool the next morning--the grounds and the pool are just beautiful--exactly what we were hoping for in a tropical getaway. We stayed in the Bambu room--the separate room off the pool. The room is very nice and has an extra bed and sitting area--perfect if you are traveling as a family or want a little more privacy by being separate from the main house. Overall, it was a very enjoyable and relaxing stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank j_girl05
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The main purpose of my trip to Panama in April 2014 was to check it out as a potential retirement destination. I spent my first five nights in Coconut Lodge, and the remaining two in a hotel downtown.Thanks to my stay at Coconut Lodge I managed to accomplish the task beyond any expectations I might have had! Nancy and Mike are fantastic hosts and within no time I felt as if I was with a family. I loved coming back to this quiet, green and peaceful location after a busy day on the road. I stayed in a separate bungalow (it was an upgrade!) and loved it!!!! Everything was so clean, everyone so friendly, breakfasts were very tasty and plentiful...Nancy got me a wonderful cab driver with whose services I ended up using every day of my stay. My suitcase did not arrive in Panama City with me - Nancy and Mike helped me get through it and made sure that my suitcase was with me as soon as possible! The immigration lawyer with whom Nancy made an appointment for me became my true friend in no time... In short, my choosing to stay in Coconut Lodge turned out to be one of the best decisions that I've ever made. Thank you Nancy and Mike - big hug to both of you!!!! Robert

Room Tip: I got a chance to see most of the rooms - they are all very nice and comfortable. For that extra tou...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Roberto_Traveller
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at the Coconut Lodge for two nights at the end of a two week trip to Panama in April and it was fantastic!
Firstly, due to some airline drama, our original dates changed and Nancy was kind enough to move our reservation by a day with no hassle.
On arrival, Mike showed us to our room and gave a great tour of the property on the way. We got a complimentary drink on arrival which was such a nice touch, especially after a drive through the city in Panama traffic!
Being a young gay couple, we were a bit apprehensive about staying in a small B&B, but Mike and Nancy were lovely hosts, and Lady cooks the most delicious food and is so friendly (I Just wish I could speak more than a few words of Spanish!). Mike and Nancy also have two dogs, Rocky and Johnnie who are both adorable and friendly!
Coconut Lodge is the perfect place to relax and unwind, the room we stayed in (Sol de la Tarde) was clean, spacious and very nicely decorated.
After just under two weeks of travelling around Panama, it was great to chill out at Coconut Lodge and not worry about anything! I wouldn't necessarily recommend Coconut Lodge if you want to do lots in Panama City centre, but cannot recommend it enough if you want a beautiful, relaxing stay with great service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tdotm
Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Thank you Mike and Nancy for two great days in your Lodge. We had two days in Panama City and our stay was delightful because of your hospitality. The meals were amazing! We were just begining our trip in Panama, so it was a perfect time to relax and let the kids play in the pool. The room we stayed in was perfect and comfortable. It was very quiet and of course the AC was nice too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 2 in Las Cumbres
Monkey Lodge Panama
Monkey Lodge Panama
#2 of 79 in Panama City

Been to Coconut Lodge? Share your experiences!