“If it's romance, peace, seclusion or privacy you want, this is the place.”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Portland, Oregon
“If it's romance, peace, seclusion or privacy you want, this is the place.”
Reviewed 3 February 2008

Once you've stayed on this side of St. Lucia, you'll never go back to Rodney Bay again. Yes, the roads are windy, narrow, and rutted. Yes, driving on the left-hand side of the road takes some concentration. But all of these inconveniences are well worth the undertaking to spend time at Ti Kaye Resort. We stayed at Ti Kaye for only two nights during the last week of January. Our check in was quick and painless and then we were offered complimentary coconut milk (right from the coconut) in the bar. Onward to our cottage, Mele. The cottage was charming! I loved the big porch, complete with hammock, rocking chair, cozy dining table, and private plunge pool, all overlooking the ocean. We never closed the windows the entire time we were there and never closed the big double doors either. The way the cottage is set up, you can simply lock the porch door and the cottage is secure. (And speaking of security, we noticed several security men walking the grounds, both during the day and at night, and there is no entry to the property except via the security gate.) We saw no roaches or geckos, but I did feed the birds each day from the porch and from the window next to the bed. Yes, mosquitos could be a problem, but we came equipped with at least 5 lbs of bug sprays, lotions, anti-itch creams, etc. for our trip to St. Lucia. And you know what? Neither of us got any bites at Ti Kaye..... I think the ocean breeze that goes through the cottage keeps the mosquitos at bay, and the mosquito netting around the bed helps, too. And my favorite thing about our cottage??? The outside shower!! It was lush with plants and flowers, had a beautiful view of the ocean, and was cleaner than my shower at home!!! We were disappointed in the dinner menu (not much selection), but very impressed with the complimentary breakfast. And above all, all of the staff were pleasant, smiling, and happy. Service at breakfast was outstanding. (Good service on the Islands can sometimes be hard to come by, we noticed.)

However, if you're looking for night life, this is NOT the place for you. We're in our early-50's and don't need to party anymore. But if you do, go to Rodney Bay and Sandals.

Also, Ti Kaye is remote, and the road going in and out can only be driven at 25 mph or less because of ruts. Although ideally located to take day trips both to Marigot Bay and Soufriere, you'd need to rent a car to do that.

So if your "stuck" at the resort, without a car, guess you'd be "forced" to spend the day at Ti Kaye's private beach, or in the privacy of your porch, lounge chair, and private plunge pool ... Sounds pretty painful, huh :-)

I LOVED this place and hope to go back.

• Liked — Outside shower, plunge pool, quiet and seclusion.
  • Disliked — The rutty road (off the main highway) to get there.
9 Thank tkim2016

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
east hampton
Reviewed 1 February 2008

My husband and I just returned last night from a six-day stay at Ti Kaye. I have used this website many times to read traveller reviews, but I've never submitted one myself. I felt compelled to do so to address of some of the negative comments that have been posted in the past.
We were one of the only couples that we encountered who rented a car the entire stay, and we used it every day but one. When we arrived at the resort after a tedious ride from the airport, we were warmly greeted by name, ushered to the bar, and were welcomed by whatever staff happened to be in the lobby at the time. When we were ready, we were guided to our room, an oceanview duplex, ( truly perched in the hillside) that was furnished with tropical accents, was clean, and was beautiful in it's simplicity. The water views were incredible and the sounds of birds woke us each morning and the tree frogs lulled us to sleep at night. We NEVER closed the windows or porch doors at night, and neither of us received a single insect bite. I would imagine that in a rainier season this may not be the case, but there is always air conditioning to fall back on.
Although the beach has dark sand, it is rock free and the cleanest and prettiest of all that we visited(Anse Chastenet, Jalousie, Sandals) and the snorkelling was quite good. There were boats from other resorts that stopped by, and at times deposited passengers on the beach for a short time, but we came to discover that this is a common practice throughout the island at all resorts. Since most tourists don't travel in their own cars, but instead use water taxis and tour boats/buses, the resorts see this as a way to "spread the wealth".
As to the comment posted about being bored : This is not St Thomas. If you are looking to be constantly entertained, love high rise hotels, enjoy large groups, need nightlfe and /or gambling, this is not the place for you. The "entertainment" is in the sheer beauty of the island. I'd like to emphasize, also, that this isn't an "outward bound", ecotouristy, camplike resort. It's sedate and quietly elegant.
The staff at Ti Kaye was lovely and helpful. The restaurant is a visual treat, set in a cliff along the water. The breakfast buffet was adequate, but you also have the option of omelettes and pancakes to order, if you so desire. The dinner menu is somewhat limited and light on vegetables and salads but there is always something delicious to find on the menu.
We have enjoyed many "island " vacations , and our way of vacationing is to try to see and experience as much of each island that we can. There is a lot to see on St. Lucia, and Ti Kaye is a great place to call home while you're there!

• Liked — the hillside, open air room
  • Disliked — no
11 Thank lolo22EastHampton
dorset, vermont
Reviewed 31 January 2008

too often service is second-rate in the caribbean. not so generally at tikaye--one of the most charming small hotels we've known. example--we wanted to see the giants playoff game. the new and superb manager of the resort, though not knowledgeable about american football, put a private dinner, cum big screen tv together on a deck overlooking tikaye's gorgeous beachfront. the six of us had a gourmet meal featuring conch--another of Katie's innovations since joining the staff a montha ago--and watched the fame to its conclusion. when we recovered from the euphoria of the giants upset victory, we noticed that a dozen other guests had stolen into the room to watch the game's conclusion. and, too, there was Katie--chekcing to see if we needed anything more--at midnight. I learned that Katie has just recently joined tikaye from an upscale resort inthe seychelle islands. she is going to make a big impact on what is already a superb little gem of a hotel. she is totally focussed on surprising guests like us on the upside. thank, you, katie.when the giants win the superbowl sunday, six of us will be thinking of you with gratitude for making a great evening come together.

Stayed January 2008
3 Thank looshian
Delaware
Reviewed 30 January 2008

We went to Ti Kaye in early January ’08 and had the best vacation. My husband laughed about how many other guests had discovered Ti Kaye on Trip Advisor like I had. When we arrived it felt like we had been staying there for years, the resort looks just like the photos on their website. It is definitely a bumpy windy 2+ mile long road to reach the resort from the main road. Upon arrival we were showed to the bar for the welcome drink, it is usually some sort of coconut drink but they were out of an ingredient so they let us order any virgin drink off the regular drink menu. We quickly drank our drinks because we were more excited about seeing the property and getting on the beach. When we were finished our drinks George showed us to our room and informed us on how things work and everything we would need to know for our vacation. He was great.

The room was a nice size and had a fun tropical feel. I loved the windows (no glass, just wooden shutters which cold be opened and closed). Because the windows did not have any glass we did have some visitors, little frogs the size of a bottle cap, small lizards, birds, crazy looking bugs including one very large roach. We also had a large bat up in our shower’s eve for 2 days. The hot water in the shower did not last super long so after taking one cold shower we quickly learned how to manage our limited amount of hot water (maybe enough for a 10 minute shower?). Housekeeping did a great job and we got fresh flowers on the bed each day.

Breakfast (served from 8-10:30) is included in the cost of the room and it was a hot buffet with typical breakfast foods (eggs, bacon, etc), also there was fresh fruit, cold cereal, pastries and a few other random things depending on the day. It was good but nothing special. They would also pack you a breakfast if you had to leave before 8 or keep the food hot for you if you were not up before 10:30. We did have breakfast packed for us the morning of the Grenadines trip and it was plenty of food. We never at lunch in the main dining room but always ate at the beach bar/restaurant. It was good food for lunch; we loved the spicy tuna and the local chips served with it. I wanted to try the veggie burger but they were out of it our whole stay as well as a few other things on different days.

Dinner started at 7 or 7:30 and they like you to make reservations although I do not think we were ever on time for ours. Our first dinner was Wednesday night their seafood buffet night, we knew nothing about it but thought we would try it. The only thing that sticks out in my mind about it was that it was $50 a person. We defiantly did not eat enough to justify paying that price. The other nights we enjoyed the food and the prices of the meals. Appetizers ranged from about $6-10 and main dishes were in the $20-30 range. Most nights we paid around $100 for food, alcohol and tip.

On Fridays Ti Kaye offers a water taxi to the Fish fry or the Rainforest Hideaway. We went with several other couples to the Fish Fry and got to see some of the locals and their culture (I think it was $30 for the water taxi). Gus, a Ti Kaye employee came with us and showed us where to get good food and helped us order what we wanted. It was fun to see the locals karaoke to country music. Sundays the water taxi just goes to the Rainforest Hideaway if 3 couples are interested (we were charged $50 a couple on Sunday). I’ll review Rainforest Hideaway in the appropriate spot but we wished we would have stayed at Ti Kaye for dinner instead.

The snorkeling off the beach was great we saw many colorful fish in large quantities and even saw a turtle in the water. The tourist boats came and went, some were louder than others but overall were pretty unobtrusive. The locals that were selling stuff on the beach were harmless and would ask you once if you wanted to buy anything and if you say no they would leave you alone (they remember you, say hi and move on). The sand was dark (It reminded me of the black sand beaches in Hawaii) but the water was still a beautiful shade of blue and so clear. I have been on several vacations to the islands and St. Lucia is now one of my favorites and Ti Kaye is defiantly my favorite place to stay.

• Liked — The staff was very genuine and kind. The individual cottages and outdoor shower were very different from the typical hotel vacation.
  • Disliked — The roach
10 Thank MrsSmith05
London
Reviewed 29 January 2008

A wonderful place that has an unique atmosphere. (Not our first visit.) Very friendly, very laid-back with an extremely personal style and touch. Noted that new management does seem to be having a somewhat negative impact - though our stay being early days of the fresh regime , it is perhaps too soon to judge. Ti Kaye, however, has previously been set apart for supplying a high level of comfort and easy service without conforming to the traditional Caribbean-resort-flavour of buffet-breakfast; burger-meals; chintz curtains, all-inclusive etc. Slight concern this visit that this is the way the place is now being taken. Let's hope not , as the situation, fabulous cottages, staff and food have always been spectacular and it is a place apart, with a very special feel. There are plenty of the other type of resort around!

Stayed January 2008
3 Thank Nachbar
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 28 January 2008

This was our second trip to Ti Kaye, the first being two years ago in January of '06, and while we liked it nearly as much as the first time, some things have changed.

Pickup from UVF was prompt, and the friendly driver had moist towels and bottled water for us... a nice touch! Arriving at Ti Kaye, we were greeted with a free drink from the affable bartender. Remember to make a dinner reservation upon your arrival, but we never had a problem getting a time we wanted since the dining area had been expanded since our last visit.

This trip we were in cottage 'M', an oceanfront with plunge pool. This was a big jump in price from our ocean view 'BB' last time, and I have to say it wasn't really worth the price difference. The view was marginally better and I never made it past waist deep in the plunge pool due to the cold water... it was refreshing when you were tired of the afternoon heat though!

One other note that I am hesitant to mention because it might have been a temporary problem is that in our cottage 'M' and probably next door 'L' there was an occasional raw sewage odor which I attributed to being downwind from the pump house. I patiently waited all week for the wind direction to change, but it never really did. I would avoid 'M' and 'L' in the future.

On our first trip we made the mistake of doing too many outside activities, so we really didn't get to enjoy the resort that much. We felt we had to get all our 'included' trips in so we never got a chance to unwind until the last few days of the trip. This trip we didn't leave the property except for the sunset cruise. This was much preferable, but we also were aware how noisy the resort is during the day. While the outside party boats making trips to drop off swimmers were frequent, it was the constant blaring of conch shells from the beach vendors coupled with the frequent yardwork (weed-eater motors) made naps on the hammock virtually impossible.

The snorkeling was fantastic! I never tired of it, but the best times are before the party boats arrive (~10am) and after they leave (~4pm), otherwise you're bumping elbows with fellow snorkelers. Stick to the times I mentioned and you'll have the whole cove pretty much to yourself. The beach I can't really comment on as I used it only to walk on to get to the snorkeling (its best at the far side of the cove). It would be nice if there were some sort of nature trail to walk on, especially since the surrounding countryside seems uninhabited. The only place to take a stroll was around the cottages and down to the beach.

A note to fellow bird watchers: the best birding besides your porch is the service road that leads to the beach. I've seen two of St. Lucia's endemics there... the St. Lucia Oriole this trip and the St. Lucia warbler last trip. Also seen there : Mangrove Cuckoo and Gray Trembler. Brown and Red-footed Booby seen from our cabin.

Breakfast, as mentioned by other reviewers, has changed to a buffet...unfortunate, not because its bad (its actually very good for a buffet) but because the hot breakfast 's in '06 were awesome! If you stick to the eggs & ham and avoid the cold french toast you'll do fine. Remember to 'steal' a biscuit each morning, so you'll have something to feed the finches on your porch!

Lunch was OK. The fishburger and hamburger were good. For a change of pace from fried fare, order a cheese and fruit plate from the mini-bar service and you won't regret it.

Dinner was fantastic! I actually thought the menu was more varied this trip, and everything tasted first rate... even better than last time! All the fish dinners were great, and the lamb was also very tasty! The desert menu had at least 8 selections, and they were all excellent! The selection of wine has also expanded greatly... we really like an inexpensive Chilean white they stocked.

Service overall was excellent, 95% of the staff is very friendly, and as you walk to and fro you'll be constantly greeted by them. Even the gardener will shut off his ever-present weedeater to say hello! Cleanliness... top rate! Just remember to leave your bath towels on the floor of the bathroom to get them replaced. Bugs... nonexistent this trip! Last time my girlfriend was eaten alive... this time no problem. Bring some clothespins though, since there is no other way to secure the bug net around the bed securely.

For the trip back to the airport, use dramamine! They take the west coast road when you leave and it's even twistier than the east coast road! Also get a lunch to go from the Ti Kaye restaurant and you won't have to eat the airport food at UVF.

Overall, Ti Kaye is still one of the top resorts in the Caribbean. If you're looking for something a little different from the average resort, this is the place for you!

• Liked — View, food, service, snorkeling.
  • Disliked — noisy at times, occasional odor.
8 Thank vanwag
Lafayette, IN
Reviewed 23 January 2008

We just got back late last night from a wonderful week-long stay at Ti Kaye. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much. I'll try and write a detailed review of all we experienced, in the hopes that it is helpful. Some of it is positive, some of it is negative, but it's all just my first impressions and meant to be just that. Overall, we really did love Ti Kaye and it was exactly the type of resort we were looking for. However, there is room for improvement.

Arrival: stood in line for about an hour to get through customs. The airline attendants will tell you to fill out one form per family. Not true- you need forms for each person. Not an issue, but the lady working the immigration desk was not very friendly about it. The Ti Kaye driver was waiting for us as promised and we found him quickly. Gave him our bags, exchanged some money to EC, and got in the van. FYI we took about $250 dollars with us and exchanged $150 into EC. Came home with 5 bucks left, so guess we picked the right amount of cash to take!

Transport to hotel: Wow- they are NOT kidding when they say it is winding! We went up via the East coast and then cut across and went down to Ti Kaye. Breathtaking views, but by 15 minutes into the trip, I was very nauseous from the road. I normally don't get car sick but this ride was like one of those roller coasters with tight tracks that lurches around every corner quickly. I kept looking at the views and turning around to chat to Atlanta couple behind us that had arrived on the same flight (hi, Tom and Elaine!), and that did me in. On the ride back to the airport, I took a dramamine before we left and was perfectly fine. So be prepared! The trip back to the airport was via the West coast. It was nice to see both sides of the island.

Arrival at hotel: We were greeted with coconut palm leaf leis and a handshake from the new owner, Katie. I agree with the other reviewer that said she wasn't that friendly. More on that later. We were escorted to the bar and told to have a drink on the house while our bags would be taken to our rooms. That was a nice touch. We sat down and my husband ordered a Piton beer. Pilgrim told him that wasn't included as an option and he would have to charge him, so he suggested he have a coconut water instead. We all opted for that, but I don't think any of us finished our drink. It was okay, but I think my stomach was still a little tumbled from the ride in. After a short while, our keys were brought to us and we were escorted to our room and shown around.

Our cottage, Roro: The man who took us there was very nice and soft spoken. I liked him. I'm afraid I didn't catch his name though- he was really soft spoken! The place was extremely clean and exactly as pictured all over Trip Advisor. It was not as private as we had hoped, and the ocean view was a bit obstructred, but hey it's paradise and we weren't complaining! I liked the construction of the place and enjoyed everything about it. I found the bed spread to be well-worn and it was stained in places. It could afford to be replaced, along with the matching curtains. Otherwise, all was good.

Wildlife: There were two resident geckos in the closet behind the safe, a dove's nest with two eggs in the shower, and a little frog on the porch. The birds did not bother us much, but we didn't eat out there, either. Once we had a styrofoam container inside and a bird got in and pecked it to pieces, trying to get at the crackers within. Keep everything in the fridge or cabinet. So, none of the resident critters bothered us a bit. I did manage to get about 7 mosquito bites- not sure where or when. My husband didn't get any. They do provide some bug spray and a citronella candle.

Plunge pool: I would not get one again. If I were to return, I would get an ocean-front instead of an ocean view (those seemed to be more private), and would skip the plunge pool. It was VERY COLD and the sun never hit it, so it never warmed up. We literally plunged in once and jumped right back out! We used it to rinse out our swimming suits and snorkeling gear, and that was pretty much it. Also, a small note but I think an important one: our pool light never worked. The man showing us our room noticed it, so I assumed he would report it. The next afternoon, a pool man showed up and I assumed he was there to fix the light. No, he was there to clean it and fill it. I told him about the light and he looked at it. I assumed he would fix it. He did not. The third day, I called the front desk and asked for the light to be fixed. Someone literally showed up within 1 minute, so that was very prompt. He checked it out and determined just the light bulb needed to be replaced. He left and we never saw him again. I gave up on asking for the pool light to be replaced! Overall, no biggie, we lived just fine without it. But it's a small thing easily corrected, so it's odd that it wasn't.

The new manager: Katie greeted us upon arrival and then was barely seen the rest of our stay. Only spoke to us twice on passing. You would think that a new manager (started just before Christmas, she said) would want to talk to the guests and learn how their stay is going. I only saw her pay attention to one man that arrived on his own and was joined the next day by another woman, and a couple that showed up the day before we left and was in the wine room having a tasting. Otherwise, she could only be seen showing people that looked like inspectors around, or speaking to the staff and then quickly disappearing. We did find her to be distant and not very warm.

The staff: BIG STARS to Kim, Eldon, and Cleus. They really took the effort to get to know us by name and greet us with smiles and special touches. Terry was next on the list- he was also friendly to us. A young woman training was also warm and friendly. I found one man (Francis?) and one woman (can't recall her name, but she was mostly working the beach front restaurant) to be not as friendly. No smiles, no chatting, etc. No one else stood out one way or another. Oh, Gus is the one that took us to the fish fry and he was great, too.

The restaurants: We really liked the main restaurant. We ate dinner there most nights. The service was excellent and all the meals we had were excellent. I usually had the catch of the day. I had pepper pot the last night and it was amazing. I did not sample any of the desserts. I had heard bad things about the Wednesday night buffet dinner, but we really enjoyed it. It gave us an opportunity to try a lot of new regional dishes. I did not eat the beans or mushrooms, so can't comment on them as a previous reviewer did. I liked everything I tried that night except for the local dish of salt fish and figs, but at least I can say I've tried it! One suggestion for dinners: ask Cleus to recommend a wine with each course. We didn't meet him until late in our stay, when we asked for a bottle of wine to go with our meal. The next night, I went one step better and asked him to bring us a different glass of wine to pair with each course. He brought us some amazing pairings. He was so informative- even brought us out some of the native vegetables to show us what they looked like when we were asking about which vegetables were in the dinner.

Lunch and breakfast: The breakfast buffett was a basic buffett. Good service, and I thought it was a good variety. Fresh fruit, pastries, breads, biscuits, eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, potatoes, cereal, and juices. The lunch menu was standard and small but didn't rotate like the dinner menu did. We got quite bored with the lunch menu after about 3 days. The lunch menu was the same at the main restaurant or the beach one. You can have either fries or local chips with your lunch. Each time I asked for local chips. For the first three days, they brought fries instead, and when I reminded them I had asked for chips, they took the plate away without a word or even looking at me, like I had insulted them. Only Eldon got it right on the last day we had lunch at the beach restaurant!

Housekeeping: amazing- really well done. Our room would be spotless every day and they cleaned it very quickly upon our leaving in the morning. She was so thoughtful and considerate- even coming back when she saw we had returned to point things out to us or bring us things. For example, she came back one afternoon to tell me that a bird had gotten in and tried to eat our crackers and that she cleaned it up and hid the food. She came back another day to tell me that she noticed our matches for the candles were getting low so she brought another box. She would even arrange my husband's shoes in the closet!

Beach vendors: I had expected to be approached and really wasn't. There was one man (can't recall his name) that stood in the back under a shade tree and sold jewelry. He never approached me. One day I decided to see what he had so I went up to him. He told me "I see you every day here and you are always snorkeling or reading and I didn't want to disturb you." He did appear to me to be very respectful of people's space. I picked out two bracelets and he told me they were $40 EC each. I only had $20 EC total on me and told him I didn't have enough. He said to pay him 20 that day and bring back 30 the next. I said I would prefer to just pay him all at once another day. He dropped it to 20 that day and 20 the next. I told him I wasn't trying to barter- I would just prefer to wait. So then he said the $20 EC total would be fine for both, so I bought them. There were several other beach vendors around, mostly on kayaks that would go out to the party boats. They never approached us except for one crazy day when every cruise ship in the world was in port. One guy was very aggressive and accosted us as we were backing into the sea with our snorkel gear on. We told him we weren't interested and he didn't let up, so we just left and went swimming. He was the only one that "bothered" us, and I think he was only there that one day.

Anse la Raye fish fry: sorry, it wasn't our cup of tea. I appreciate trying to support the local community, but 2-3 hours is really too long to be there. An hour is just about right. We signed up at the last minute because we appeared to be the only couple that hadn't. The street is very short with pretty much the same food being served at each stall. Fried crabs, lobster, steamed fish, rice, cassava cakes, beer, and drinks. We had steamed tuna with rice. It wasn't very good- very bland, actually. The people we met there were very friendly and we did enjoy seeing the street up close. The different house fronts were interesting to look at. There were a couple of craft booths but nothing was made local (at least the people we asked said they didn't make them). The same crafts were sold at the different booths, and some were wrapped in plastic and were from China or Taiwan. I was really hoping for some local crafts instead. Oh- if you use the rest room, you have to buy the TP!! Be warned!

Diving shop: my husband did the introductory scuba and liked it. We also took a snorkeling trip with a group of divers heading out from there one morning ($35 each). It was a good deal, although I believe we were overcharged (we had been quoted $30 each if we had our own gear). We went to Anse Chastanet and then were dropped off on the cove just north of Anse Cochon to snorkel back (the dive boat stayed with us and followed us back).

Other tours: we did not book any other tours through Ti Kaye. I had them quote a zip line for us and their price was $50 more than what Serenity quoted me. We ended up not doing the zip line at all because we wanted to spend more time snorkeling. The only tour we did was the Grenadines tour. I highly recommend this adventure! It was the highlight of our trip for me. We booked it through Serenity and I was blown away by their attention and service. We were picked up at our hotel at 7 AM. Our host, John, had called Ti Kaye the day before and told them when he would pick us up, and asked them to prepare a breakfast to go for us, which they did. He drove us to the airport and stopped on the way to buy me some bananas when I said I hadn't had one yet on our stay. He escorted us up to the Inter-Caribbean check-in desk and handed us over. We then boarded a 10-seater airplane and were whisked down to Union Island. It was a 48 minute flight and beautiful all the way. Going through immigration was a breeze as our little plane of 8 people were the only ones there. We were met by a shuttle that took us directly to the dock, where we boarded our ship. 7 of us were on the Scaramouche- a great looking schooner. We had the whole ship to ourselves! It was amazing. We went to three different islands, swam with sea turtles, saw where "Pirates of the Caribbean" had been filmed, ate a fabulous lunch prepared on the ship, jumped into the ocean from the side of the ship, snorkeled to our heart's content, and overall had a fabulous day. When we got back to the airport on St. Lucia, John was waiting for us and had his wife and daughter along for the ride. They gave us a tour of the northern part of the island, then drove us back to Ti Kaye. John's wife Caroline made us a bottle of rum punch to take with us. They were very generous and warm people. When they took us back to the resort, one odd thing happened. John said he wanted to talk with some people there, so I said I would sit with his wife and keep her company while he did that. We walked into the bar area and sat at a table off to the side. Dan and I were clearly in beach gear and needed to shower and change before dinner, so I called a waitress over and told her we just wanted a quick drink and then we would return for dinner after cleaning up. She was not friendly to us at all- actually was a bit rude. She said "8:00 is what I'll put you down for" and I said "It's just now 7:45 and we still need to shower first and change, can't you do 8:30?" and she said "Fine, 8:30" and that was all she said. I don't know if it's because they were busy, because of how we were dressed, or because we had guests with us. I asked for a drink menu and my husband asked for a glass of water. She gave him a glass of water, handed us the drink menu, and never returned. It got quite uncomfortable sitting there, being ignored. John and Caroline were gracious and said their goodbyes and told us to go ahead and go to our rooms and get ready for dinner. It was weird, and like I said, I'm not sure why were treated in the way we were.

Overall, we really loved our week in St. Lucia. This was a second honeymoon for us to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. The weather was wonderful (rained some every day but nothing to ruin any planned activities). The resort was beautiful. The cottages were charming and exactly as I thought they would be. The surroundings were very peaceful and it was lovely to fall asleep and wake up to the sounds of nature all around us. The mosquito netting was really neat to sleep in- make me feel like a kid in a clubhouse! We really enjoyed the food at the restaurant and the beach. The snorkeling at Anse Cochon was one of the best we had all week, tied with perhaps Tobago Cays.

Oh- forgot one review: the Rainforest Hideway. We opted to take the special Sunday night shuttle with some other couples ($50 water taxi ride). We thought our meal was excellent, the service was superb, the view was outstanding, and the courses were well planned and well-spaced. A truly excellent dining experience.

I'm sure there is more I am forgetting but there are the highlights. Hope this helps some of you looking for information.

• Liked — The resort itself, the snorkeling, those staff members that were excellent, and the beautiful surroundings
  • Disliked — Inconsistent treatment from some of the staff members, prices of tours
15 Thank MUMerger
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!