“if you enjoy being completely secluded with paradise, TiKaye is for you” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ti Kaye Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Chicago, Illinois
“if you enjoy being completely secluded with paradise, TiKaye is for you”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

Let me preface by saying, if you're looking to RELAX and do nothing but be at one with nature, TiKaye is for you! If you're looking to experience day trips and explore the island, TiKaye isn't really a good choice.
My husband and I visited St. Lucia for our honeymoon and divided our stay at Discovery at Marigot Bay and TiKaye. We loved both hotels, but felt TiKaye wasn't quite for us. We are a young, active couple that like to explore and TiKaye is more for people who need a break from life. Don't get me wrong, it is absolutely beautiful, but there is nothing to do for miles...Literally! it took us at least an hour drive to get to our day trips. It rained for a majority of our stay and there wasn't much to do in the hotel itself. No TVs in the rooms, no hotel socials and nothing to do for miles upon miles. TiKaye does have a spa, but simply that...just a spa that offers massages and a jacuzzi. They would absolutely benefit in having manicure and pedicure services at their spa for rainy days. We had a couples massage in their spa during our stay followed by 30 minutes in the jacuzzi, which was unbearable. My husband and I could not enjoy our allowed 30 minutes in the jacuzzi because it was WAY TOO HOT! We asked them to adjust the temperature and they said it was suppose to be that hot and did not adjust it even though we paid for this service we just sat in the room, not in the jacuzzi. I have sat in my fair share of jacuzzi's and have never felt my skin burn as it did in this one. The spa offers a beautiful view but was honestly nothing special and we have had better spa days elsewhere.

The one thing we absolutely did not like about Tikaye was their food options. Because it is so secluded, the only option you have is to eat on the resort. The breakfast is the same daily: juice, pastries, potatoes, bacon, plantains, cereal, and eggs...it never changed. Lunch portions were good and flavorful, but again...the menu never changed. Dinner was our least favorite meal out of the day because you had to make a reservation well in advance, which to us did not make sense and honestly inconvenienced us because we had to plan our entire day around dinner to make sure we made our reservations on time. The Dinner menu did change daily, however. They offer meal plans, which in our opinion was not worth it. The meal plans include appetizer, entree and dessert which is too much food per meal and there were restrictions, so read carefully. We opted out of this and decided to pay a la carte, which was still pricey all on it's own. TiKaye offers a lot of specialty cocktails, however not everyone knows how to make them. For example, I ordered a Mai Tai one afternoon and the first one was redish in color and tasted heavy on the Amareto, and the second Mai Tai I ordered was orange and tasted like orange juice with a spash of alcohol. Also, a fair warning: the dining area is outdoors and the birds are vicious! They will land on your table to try to eat your food so you must constantly shoe them away! Bug spray is a must when dining, the bugs are no joke at TiKaye! I was bit by something even though I applied bug spray and it swelled up to the size of a tennis ball!

The BEST thing about TiKaye for us was the complimentary kayak and the wine tasting with Cleus! These two things alone was the highlight of our stay at TiKaye!!! Cleus is great, so knowledgeable and is truly great company, we only wish we did this everyday!!

All in all, TiKaye is truly beautiful. The resort itself was clean, the plunge pool and sundeck in our cottage was a plus (definitely spend the extra money to stay in this type of cottage), the staff was friendly, the food was good...not great, but good. If my husband and I were not looking to explore the island and went to simply relax, we might have had a different review to write.

Room Tip: spend the extra money and book the room with the plunge pool
4 Thank NaomiTommy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Stayed in August for 4 nights and we were not disappointed. If you are looking for a 4+ star rustic/boutique place to relax in,Ti Kaye fits the bill. Stayed in room Jou Jou (which is a basic room with sea view) and it was beautiful with spectacular views and a huge veranda to watch the sun set and the world go by. Beach is picture perfect and the boats that pull into the bay with the music in no way impinged on our relaxing,in fact it added a bit of Carribean atmosphere. Music was never overbearingly loud. The food never disappointed-well presented and tasty. On request, they made me a simple pasta dish the evening we arrived (which was not on the menu) while I was recovering from an upset tummy (nothing to do with Ti Kaye, I assure you). Good selection at breakfast. The spa is a must, if for nothing else but the views from the treatment rooms that merge into the sea. Be warned-transport all over St. Lucia is expensive. Ti Kaye is in a rather secluded location so don't expect too many excursions unless you plan to fork out. We visited Marigot Bay one day which was beautiful but not much to do. Taxi cost $60 one way for two people and we got a water taxi back for $50. We stayed up on the North of the island too and it didn't even half compare to the beauty and charm of this authentic Carribean gem.

2 Thank CloK4
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

This was exactly what we wanted for our Honeymoon after the hustle and bustle of New York city for our wedding! All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful; the maid, the waitresses, the chef who would come and chat to us after dinner, the bar staff and the management team. The room was extremely comfortable and private and the air-conditioning essential. Nice touches included the huge hammock on the balcony, the outdoor showers and the complimentary tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

We chose to purchase the Lanmou (Love) Package which was very cost effective as it included 10 days of breakfasts for us both, a few excursions, a romantic dinner, fruit basket and sparkling wine and a massage each. The spa is definitely worth a visit.

The beach was superb with comfortable loungers and free use of kayaks. If you want to chat to the few locals who are there you can, but if not they don't hassle you. The beach bar does good lunches including burgers and chips at reasonable prices. The only negative is climbing the 166 steps back up to the village, but that's why the beach is so secluded with only the occasional boat stopping for some snorkeling.

The food at breakfast and dinner was delicious and very reasonably priced (main courses ranged from about 13 to 25 US dollars (with a top steak being just over $30) and the chef was very amenable making me vegetarian dishes if there was nothing on the menu I could eat that day (the menu changes daily).

I would recommend the land and sea tour as whilst it's about $100 US each it's a full day and you get to experience the Piton mountains, botanical gardens, swim in a waterfall, have lunch in a cacao plantation and get a boat there and back - brilliant day. I wouldn't recommend going to the capital Castries - not very much there at all except a market. Less than an hour was all we needed there.

I would definitely want to go back to Ti Kaye Village again and the fact that lots of people who we met there had been before said a lot. This is a resort perfect for couples.

Room Tip: We didn't bother with the plunge pool which costs more and in retrospect don't think we woul...
2 Thank Ratch7
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

We are staying in the cottage 'Lammou' (meaning love in creole) and it really describes it perfectly.  The cottage is west facing (amazing sunsets) private and can only be seen by sea. The porch with, it's tin roof, on a rainy day is one of the most beautiful sights & sounds to be experienced here in Tikaye.

Location wise, the cottages are perched on the hillside of Anse Cochon with a small reef and wreck just a few meters away from the black sandy beach. If you are looking for something secluded and hidden away. Tikaye will suit you perfectly.

We have stayed in a mixture of 5 star and guest house type beach resorts around the world and can describe Tikaye as something along the lines of "rustic", homely" but with all the details you would expect from a 5 star resort. 4 poster bed, hammock overlooking the sea, outdoor shower, iron & ironing board, fridge, hair dryer, air con, washing line, security safe, ipod dock & speakers, mosquito net, wifi are all there to make sure you are comfortable in your cottage. On a clear day, you can see Martinique from the bed or your own plunge pool in room L!

I feel very at home here. You wont find the place and it's staff overly contrived. Their politeness and pleasure to serve is genuine, not just because they are trained to. And whiIst it is a little rough around the edges, i think it adds to the beauty of the place.

A few comments:

Be warned the track in and out of the hotel! It has been fixed but it is like a mini jeep adventure together with rattling bones. Alot of fun but sometimes a real pain. Also you are a 20 minute drive (at least) from anything. It didn't really bother us but we found we were not so determined to tackle the St Lucian roads and track on a daily basis.

Internet. Unfortunately my husband and I are gadget freaks. The wifi is only really reliable in the main lobby, restaurant/bar areas. It works in our cottage but only intermittently.

There were a few nights where we wanted to venture out for dinner. It would have been useful for the staff to have the knowledge of local restaurants and to advise us on what was open/good and where. We made a journey which turned out fruitless which on these roads meant a real waste of petrol and time.

To end my review, the dive centre "island divers" which my husband used was great. perfect for those looking to scuba dive off the doorstep. Dont think for a minute this secluded little hideaway is boring either. There are lots to do onsite plus the hotel arranges excursions almost daily if you are the type who needs to get out. We visited Hotel Chocolat for its 'Tree to Bar' cocoa plantation & chocolate making tour. It is definitely in my top 10 best experiences ever!

We checkout today and wanted to say...

Landscape team - thank you for sorting out our chilling view and to the gardener who gave me a lovely fresh coconut for my breakfast.
Housekeeping - thanks for changing your schedule to suit ours. We appreciate it.
Spa girls - your hands fixed my tired body! I return home renewed and refreshed. 3 massages in a week is a record for me!
Wally and Ron - thank you for the tequila's and spiced rum
Sommelier Cleus - Enjoy your vacation. Thank you for imparting your wonderful knowledge and I will report back on my thoughts about Lucente.
Robert, Curtis, Lester & the infamous Exodus - Wayne won't forget his St Lucian brothers. Round the islands...round the islands....thanks for the memories
Manager Chris & Nathalie - it was a great surprise when you arranged a 'special' dining chair for me so I would be more comfortable. Then you remembered again 3 nights later! I was very touched.
Verna - you fry a mean pattie. We wish you further success in your seafood stall.
Chef - your food seldom disappoints.
All the other restaurant superstars (although Dina escaped the evening on purpose) - shake your left tush, shake your right tush!

All the staff (otherwise this review will be even longer) thank you for all your hard work. My husband and I leave feeling very very happy.

If you are coming to st lucia, please stay  here. You won't regret it.

1 Thank Marmafluke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

A fantastic place to just sit back and relax. Rustic style and laid back.

Loved that our room (Fenyan) was a cottage on its own with a great view of the sea from our veranda. Hammock was great for relaxing.

Ti Kaye is very remote so you can’t get anywhere without an expensive taxi ride, or perhaps water taxi although I’m not sure this was running. This was not a problem for us – in fact the opposite as all we wanted to do was relax but if you want variety then this is not the place for you. We did a day trip to Jalousie beach and the fish fry but that was all in 10 days.

The main house is beautiful – we were lucky enough to arrive to a stunning sunset, felt relaxed straight away!

The food was pretty good – menu seemed to be on a 7 day loop. The staff are lovely also.

Very few children when we were there (over Easter) also – again good for us as it was quiet.

The beach is nice – black sand and a good beach bar. As others have said quite a few steps to/from beach but this was OK and boats do arrive in the afternoon - again no big deal but if you want a private beach go elsewhere. The hawkers don’t hassle you too much either after an initial hello and quick look at their stuff.

Room Tip: We had Fenyan and it had a beautiful view and was not too far to walk
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jenn3777
Fulshear, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Ti Kaye is wonderful and close to heaven on earth. We stayed there for 5 nights in July/August of this year for our 30th anniversary.

Some of the highlights are:
Our cottage had a wonderful view of the Carribean Ocean, with great sunsets
The beach staff caters to your every need. During our stay, Terry, the "beach boy" was great
They pay attention to the smallest details; air conditioning in the rooms, 110 volt plugs, robes for your room, the grounds are spot-less, the rooms are extrememly well kept and look brand new
They just started making wi-fi availble in the rooms. The reception is spotty
The front desk will cash travelers checks, convert $ to local currency, schedule tours for you, and even get ice for your cottage
The hotel offers many different tours and special dinners
The porches have rocking chairs and hammocks
Having kayaks (for free) and snorkling equipment (for a small charge) available on the beach is super! Take advantage of this!
The outdoor showers could not have been better

Other things:
The locals on the beach will try to sell you their "wares" but they are friendly and do not bother you. In fact if you are there for a couple of days, you will get to know many of them by name. We had many conversations with "rainbow man" and "lucky"
You have probably read about the rocky road from the main road to the hotel but its not a big deal. The road from Soufriere to the hotel is another story. Very narrow, curvey and steep. If you travel it a couple of times, though, it gets easier.
We took the sunset cruise and while the view was great, it was not worth the price. They give you a couple of appitizers and a little rum punch, but it was $60 a person and should be $60 a couple
Try to visit the "snake man". He hangs out in a little bar on the road to L'Anse la Raye. He keeps a huge snake around his neck
We took a trip to do the famous "zip lines" It was cool to say we went and did it, but it really was not a big deal
While I would give the hotel a 99 out of 100, some suggestions would be to have fans on the porch and maybe some shades on the porch (the heat late in the day gets pretty hot)

Room Tip: WE did not get a room with a plunge pool, but I would recommend it. After being at the beach all day...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank michael m
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed at Ti Kaye for our 6th anniversary and had an absolutely amazing experience! We decided to stay in a cottage that shared an adjoining wall with another room which still felt very private with our own shower, porch, etc. The rooms are simple yet beautiful and the a/c works well enough to cool down the room at night. The views from all the cottages is amazing, looking right out to the ocean.
The food was never a disappointment throughout our stay and the chef did a great job of accommodating my gluten allergy which is always an extra bonus.The breakfast buffet was tasty and we loved getting to know Ozzy who made our eggs every morning. The lunch and dinner have variety as well which makes it nice. The wine selections is also quite impressive and the prices on food and drinks is very reasonable and allows you to treat yourself! There was also a live band on Wednesday night and we danced it up with other couples and some of the staff which was super fun.
The area on the island that the resort is located is good because you can access many other areas but be aware that traveling on the island is very pricey, regardless of where you are staying. We ate 99% of our meals at the resort because we couldn't afford to try other places but good news is that it was delicious!!
We did the Gros Piton hike and the Land and Sea Tour as well as going to the Anse La Raye fish fry with the resort, all which I would highly recommend! The snorkeling right at the resort is amazing and the beaches you can reach by kayak are also wonderful.
The staff was the highlight of our trip, everyone was super friendly and made us feel welcome. We hope to return some day to Ti Kaye and will be missing it in the meantime.
Thank you for an unforgettable time!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!