I and my husband were in St Lucia this february and we spent 4 nights at Tikaye and 7 nights at Cotton Bay.
We got married in St Lucia and we spent the first time at Tikaye.
TiKaye village is the perfect place for a couple in honeymoon, or for a romantic gateway but not for older people or family with little baby (about 200 steps to go to the beach!!)
COTTAGE NICH: We stayed in Cottage Nich, the most beautiful cottage in Tikaye. Cottage Nich is an ocean front cottage, with private plunge-pool, at the end of the Village (Total privacy! and the view was absolutely incredible!).
Many people wrote a review with the note that the water in the plunge pool is cold all the time. For us? the temperature was perfect from 12.00 to 3.00pm, and we had the sun on our private deck all the day infact we spent a lot of the time in our private cottage: we didn't like to do about 400 steps to go and came back from the beach and we wanted to relax before our wedding. We rent a car and visited the island the week after the wedding.
FOOD: the food was good. For the breakfast you have a great selection of fresh fruit , pastries, juice, cereal, bacon, sausage, eggs, potatos, french toast and you have the option of omlette and pancakes to order, if you desire.
The cocktail-bar was nice and the dinner was fantastic. 2 times we asked for a special dinner: one in our private deck and the arrangment was fantastic... with flower, candle... and the 2°times on the beach.... (there is an extra charge for the special arrangment, of course). One day a week they organize a caribbean dinner buffet and you can eat and try a lot of different local cousine.
BEACH: the beach is black, a lot of steps and not so quiet because a lot of boat came to snorkeling...
STAFF: absolutely lovely and kindly
EXCURSIONS: we went only to marigot bay by boat, but you can read my report on cotton bay resort.
OUR WEDDING PHOTOS: we married in St Lucia and I want to tell to everyone that our photographical studio was absolutely fantastic!!
We had 2 photographer with us all day, Karen and Roger: they were kindly, helpful, so nice and sweet! The manager, Rhonda was also lovely. She showed us all the shots some days after the wedding ceremony and we had the possibility to choose all the photos that we loved. We choose about 300 photos but Karen and Roger took us 1100 and so we had a lot of quantity to choose. They are a family company, with an high quality and a reasonable price!!!
Their web-site is www.reflectionsphotoandvideo.com
Sorry if my english is not perfect!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia