“Excellent Resort, Beach, and Scuba Diving all in one remote spot”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
ames iowa
“Excellent Resort, Beach, and Scuba Diving all in one remote spot”
Reviewed 9 March 2008

We just spent a week at TiKaye with another couple. In general the resort and entire experience was wonderful. We arrived at the southern airport and booked our transfers through Monrose at monrosetaxi.com. We chose Monrose becase he was considerably cheaper than the resort and we had a private van all for the 4 of us. He stopped at 2 different locations with beautiful views and we had a beer at each. He also gave us a ride to Marigot Bay and is very professional and friendly. We highly recommend him. Upon arrival we where greeted by George and escorted to our rooms. We each booked an ocean front cottage with plunge pool and where in rooms G and H. These ocean front rooms are increadible. We slept with the french doors and windows open every night and could hear the ocean sounds which where wonderful. The porch provides an awesome view of the ocean and the hammock and plunge pool are also nice. The outdoor shower is wonderful. We were anxious about this first but the shower was very nice. The meals where very good and the restaraunt was also nice. The entirfe staff was very friendly and made every effort to greet you and remember your name. It was amazing how the staff new your name. The stairs to the beach are not a big deal at all. We where concerned about this also but they are an easy climb. The beach is awesome and the snorkelling along the shores of anse cochone is very good. Many fish, coral, and turtles as well out near the point. You can also kayak out tot he Leesem M Wreck and snorkel it as well. The beach service is excellent with chairs, tables, umbrellas and wonderful personal service for drinks or lunch. Terry and George will take wonderful care of you. We chose this resort due to their near location to many of the dive sites and an onsite dive shop, Island Divers. We dove 10 dives and had a wonderful experience. Judy our Dive Master was very fun, and a great guide underwater doing everything she could to help us pick the correct sites for the things we wanted to see. We saw everything from large turtles, lobsters, crab, many eels, tons of corral creatures and even sea horse. Chris the dive boat captain is also very accomodating and professional. The lunch at the resort near the water is also very nice. This resort has a special party with live music on Wednesday night with dancing. There was also live mucis when we arrived on Saturday. We would highly recommend this resort for couples wanting a very relaxed atmospere with great service and a great dive shop, Island Divers. Feel free to email me with more questions. patjessclem@yahoo.com

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank cosmoclem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 March 2008

Thanks to all you TA posters -- you guys always help me out, and many of you asked me to write a review when I got back, so here it is.... (sorry its a tad behind, but work is a madhouse)

We arrived at TKV on 2/23/08. We met Carrie and Sam (HI!!) in the Charlotte airport, so we all arrived together. Our driver was waiting at the airport, and Carrie, Sam, Mike, Jessica and me and my hubby all went together in the van. There were several vanloads heading to TKV from our flight....and so...when we finally arrived at TKV(yes, it really takes over an hour), we were all offered a complimentary non-alcoholic drink at the bar. And then we sat...and sat...and waited....and sat...and while we were waiting to be 'checked in' we were asked to make our dinner reservations for the night. We originally told them 7pm (that was at 6pm) Well, when 645 rolled around, and we still were not given our room key, we had to change that to 730......and when 715 came and we still were waiting, we changed it to 8pm. Around 730 we finally got to our room.
The cottages are indeed lovely, and exactly as pictured. We were in H -- oceanfront with plunge pool. Flowers on the bed, in the bathroom, welcome note, all were perfect. Our only issues with the room was that the pool light was broken (despite two requests to get it fixed, no one ever did) and the shower head was due to be replaced or cleaned -- it sprayed all over the place, making it difficult to get the shampoo out of my hair.

But back to our check in.....So we quickly changed and went to dinner, arriving right at 8pm. Dinner special was lobster (my favorite) so I ordered that. I can't recall what Mike (hubby) ordered. At any rate, I finally received my lobster at 920pm. No, I am not kidding. Keep in mind, I had been up since 330AM to catch our early AM flights....I was fading quite fast and was moments away from getting up from the table and going to bed hungry (or just sleeping right there in the dining room). My initial impression of it all was "OMG we are going to be THAT couple -- the ones who get ignored all week!" and my husband was wondering if I had lost my mind booking us in this place that had quite literally forgotten about us twice during our first 4 hours. (Dinner, once it was served, was excellent; of course, they could have served me crap on a shingle and I likely would have felt the same way since I was famished by the time it arrived)

We went to bed and prayed that the next day would be better. Jesus loves me, yes he does. The next day, service improved dramatically. It was weird, like they must have had the slow staff working on Saturday night or something. Not sure why, but it did get better. We spent the day on the beach - enjoyed the beach bar at lunch, the portions are huge BTW and we shared one entree and got a couple of the appetizers. The snorkeling is quite good, there were lots of people on the right part of the cove, so we decided to go left. We saw a huge spotted eagle ray, and lots of fish, etc. Later we went to the right side (in between the massive catamaran tours) and saw a turtle, some sea slugs, and lots of fish. Lots of bright yellow sponges too... their sea fans were in tact (surprised me, I would have thought the hurricane would have shredded them). Then the hike UP those stairs...and then DOWN the very steep hill to cottage H.

After a wonderful day on the beach, we had dinner at the main house, and to make up for the snafu the night before, we got one of their 'primo' tables out on the deck portion. I ordered the filet and an appetizer and we had Cleus recommend wines for each course. Food was wonderful. Wines were quite reasonably priced and there was a good selection. Compliments to chef -- bravo!

Monday, we went on the Land & Sea tour to Soufriere. I liked the tour -- gave you a taste of what the other parts of the island look like, and got to go past some of the other resorts that we considered before we decided upon Ti Kaye. I recommend the tour -- the guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. We had our couples massage this afternoon also -- which was excellent. I highly recommend having the massage early in the week -- if we had waited, I'm not sure I would have enjoyed having my sunburn massaged!! We had dinner back at Ti Kaye, again, wonderful food, and I discovered their chocolate pudding dessert, which is to die for.

Tuesday, spent the day on the beach again. We kayaked to the left, went down a couple of coves and found some very empty private beaches. We had lunch at the beach bar and discovered the "local chips" on the lunch menu -- you must try them. I admit, I was skeptical, but Mike wanted them so I tried his. YUM!!! i crave them now. We did the sunset cruise -- the captain did a wonderful job and found us lots of dolphins playing and eating in the sunset. It was very entertaining to watch them jump and roll and do their acrobatics. Dinner at TK again, this time, it was our 'romantic dinner' night, and due to an overbooking mistake, we got to eat dinner in the gazebo right on the water near the dock. It was very quiet and lovely, very romantic. Again, the food was wonderful -- my appetizer was the ravioli stuffed with goat cheese. OMG! It was sooooo good!!!

Wednesday, we splurged and did the Grenadines day tour. I highly recommend it. I guess I need to blog that somewhere else, but if you can afford it, do it. You won't regret it. Next winter, I'm looking for a trip to the Grenadines! On our way back to TK, our guide, John, showed us around Rodney Bay, and we stopped at "Pork Valley" and got some excellent bar b q pork that had probably been oinking a few hours earlier. YUM! and it was a heck of a lot cheaper than the $50 buffet at TKV. So we ate in our cottage on Wednesday night. We were so tired from the days activities anyway.

Thursday and Friday we tried to book a snorkeling tour through the dive center there, but they were having boat problems and we ended up not going. That was ok, we spent both days lounging on the beach and snorkeling or enjoying our plunge pool. Terry, the beach dude, took excellent care of us the entire week. We had lunch at the beach bar and had more of those chips!! For dinner on Thursday, we booked a water taxi to the Rainforest Hideaway. It was very good. It was different from eating at TKV -- but I have to say, I thought it was rather pricey. Not sure if it was worth it or not, but it is an experience, and it was easier to get to (and cheaper as well) than booking a land taxi to Ladera.

Friday night was the Fish Fry. If I go back to TK, I would definitely skip this. George was fabulous, and very helpful -- he is the group escort for the TK guests. and I guess there were some people that had a really terrific time -- however, I did not think the food was all that wonderful, nor did I think it was all that cheap either for what you got. I ended up eating mostly johnny cake because the shrimp I got was neither plentiful nor good (and it wasn't cheap either -- $10US for 10 medium shrimp that I swear was freezer burned). Mikes fish was somewhat better, but I'm not a fan of Kingfish. Lobsters were ridiculous expensive! $40US!!! And that does NOT include any side dishes. (by comparison, my lobster dinner at TKV was only $35US with sides) Beer was really cheap. you could get absolutely loaded on $10. (I could get loaded on $5) Overall, I was disappointed in the Fish fry, as was Mike, who was really looking forward to it. We could not wait for the taxi to take us back. You can breeze through that place in an hour with time to spare-- but you stay for 2 or 3.

Saturday, the sad day, the end of paradise....we spent the morning on the beach, and then had lunch upstairs at the main house and then we left around 1pm.

I didn't mention the breakfast much, did I? Well, it was the buffet, but they had menus "only if you want an omelette" was what I was told. However, I did see Carrie having the St Lucian breakfast one morning....so I guess if you ASK REALLY REALLY NICE, they will give you something else off the breakfast menu -- and usually, they don't even give you the menu unless you ask. I thought the ham was wonderful -- very tender, very well prepared with peppers, I loved it. I also adored the pancakes. Someone here on TA complained about the pancakes -- they are not "light" they are rather more substantive, (I thought maybe made with a different type of flour?) and they put nutmeg in the batter -- WONDERFUL. And one morning, I remembered about the cocoa tea. So I asked for it. It takes a while for it to show up, but it was GOOD. Really GOOD. I then requested it every morning after that (much to the dismay of whatever server I had....). They had an 'eclectic' choice of music at breakfast -- one morning, they played Mariah Carey and the entire Duran Duran "Rio" album -- very loud. No, again, I kid you not. Several of us mentioned this to Katie, the manager. I told her, I don't go to the islands to listen to crap I can hear on the radio at home, I go there to hear the local music. Katie agreed. and from then on, the music was toned down, and appropriate for the setting. (although, one day at the beach bar they played the entire Eagles "Hotel California" album -- very loud. Makes you wonder if they have a frustrated ex-pat working in their kitchen?)

Which brings us to Katie. Now, I read some not so nice reviews of Katie here on TA. and I was really unsure about meeting her. But you know what? I really LIKED her. She is smart, she is spunky, and she is passionate about her work. Perhaps when those other people met her, she had just gotten there and was tired? Discombubulated? Suffering from the time zone changes? I dunno. Mike thinks she must have gone to charm school. Whatever. She was great. She spent a good 20 minutes showing me pictures from her prior resort in the Seychelles and gave me some web sites and places to check out. She told me about her plans and ideas for TKV. I like some, and some stuff I personally think she should leave alone, but hey, anytime I meet someone who is really into their work, I gotta give them credit. And besides -- when have you EVER met the manager of the resort you've stayed at in the past? the only other time I ever met the manager of the resort was in Nevis. So she's fine by me and gets my stamp of approval.

TKV gets my stamp of approval. The majority of the staff were wonderful. (some were just sullen) The resort itself is beautiful, I loved the cottage, loved the beach, loved the water. Loved the food, loved the wine.

Did not love: party catamarans. On Tuesday afternoon, there were SEVEN cats parked on the beach AT THE SAME TIME. It was worse than the parkway at rush hour. I dont' think there was an inch of water to swim in -- it was so crowded. On the flip side, the reason all the cats go to TKV is because it has the best beach on the island, so I guess that says something.
One day, the Brig Unicorn was parked in the water right by our cottage. Ugh. You just don't want to know what comes out of that boat. We did not snorkel there for a couple days afterwards....
also, the conch people on their kayaks. Annoying.

My tips:

1. Bring clothespins. Someone else suggested it, I poo pooed it, and wished I had a dozen of them during my stay. You need them to keep the mosquito nets closed, and to keep your wet bathing suits from flying or falling.

2. Get the oceanfront plunge pool. Our pool got midday sun and although it was not bath water, it was comfortable enough to spend a bit of time each day in it. I liked it. We skinny-dipped :-)

3. Try the chocolate pudding dessert, the local chips at lunch, and the cocoa tea at breakfast (no matter what face your server makes when you order it). Good stuff.

4. Get your massage early in the week.

5. Get your fruit basket your first night.

6. Do a couple of tours to break up the week, but don't do so many that you don't have time to relax and experience the beach fully.

7. If I go back, I'd like to spend more time with Cleus, and maybe do a private wine tasting.

8. Bring lots of $1 and $5 for tipping......I thought I had enough -- I recommend at least $50 for on the spot tips

9. If you burn easily, reapply sunscreen often, and ask Terry to set you up under the tree and farthest from the steps so the afternoon sun doesn't get you.

10. Take the kayaks out with your snorkel gear to snorkel the far reefs to the left.

E-mail me if you have any specific questions -- I'll be happy to respond! Overall, I give it a thumbs up, and am very glad we chose to stay at TKV.

• Liked — Wonderful cottage, fabulous staff, amazing food, lovely surroundings
  • Disliked — 7 catamarans simultaneously on the beach, l o n g wait to check in and for dinner 1st night
5 Thank PittsburghPam
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 6 March 2008

I and my husband were in St Lucia this february and we spent 4 nights at Tikaye and 7 nights at Cotton Bay.
We got married in St Lucia and we spent the first time at Tikaye.
TiKaye village is the perfect place for a couple in honeymoon, or for a romantic gateway but not for older people or family with little baby (about 200 steps to go to the beach!!)
COTTAGE NICH: We stayed in Cottage Nich, the most beautiful cottage in Tikaye. Cottage Nich is an ocean front cottage, with private plunge-pool, at the end of the Village (Total privacy! and the view was absolutely incredible!).
Many people wrote a review with the note that the water in the plunge pool is cold all the time. For us? the temperature was perfect from 12.00 to 3.00pm, and we had the sun on our private deck all the day infact we spent a lot of the time in our private cottage: we didn't like to do about 400 steps to go and came back from the beach and we wanted to relax before our wedding. We rent a car and visited the island the week after the wedding.

FOOD: the food was good. For the breakfast you have a great selection of fresh fruit , pastries, juice, cereal, bacon, sausage, eggs, potatos, french toast and you have the option of omlette and pancakes to order, if you desire.
The cocktail-bar was nice and the dinner was fantastic. 2 times we asked for a special dinner: one in our private deck and the arrangment was fantastic... with flower, candle... and the 2°times on the beach.... (there is an extra charge for the special arrangment, of course). One day a week they organize a caribbean dinner buffet and you can eat and try a lot of different local cousine.

BEACH: the beach is black, a lot of steps and not so quiet because a lot of boat came to snorkeling...

STAFF: absolutely lovely and kindly

EXCURSIONS: we went only to marigot bay by boat, but you can read my report on cotton bay resort.

OUR WEDDING PHOTOS: we married in St Lucia and I want to tell to everyone that our photographical studio was absolutely fantastic!!
We had 2 photographer with us all day, Karen and Roger: they were kindly, helpful, so nice and sweet! The manager, Rhonda was also lovely. She showed us all the shots some days after the wedding ceremony and we had the possibility to choose all the photos that we loved. We choose about 300 photos but Karen and Roger took us 1100 and so we had a lot of quantity to choose. They are a family company, with an high quality and a reasonable price!!!
Their web-site is www.reflectionsphotoandvideo.com
Sorry if my english is not perfect!!!!

• Liked — romantic cottage
  • Disliked — the beach
2 Thank FedericaRoma_Italy
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 5 March 2008

Ti Kaye Village is a wonderful place to unwind. My wife and I spent 12 days there, with friends, from February 13 to February 25, 2008, having experienced a relaxing respite in one of the more breathtaking environments we've seen.

St. Lucia's unique climate and topography offer many opportunities for ecological (rainforest, waterfalls, volcanic origins, sulfur springs, etc.) or adventure (zip-lines--fabulous, snorkeling, scuba, hiking, climbing, etc.) activities, or one may choose simply to relax and enjoy the views and mild temperatures. Ti Kaye can facilitate scheduling any level of activity or provide the seductive environment to do "nothing."

The resort is clean and well-attended by a staff that is the most cordial I've encountered in traveling the world for 40 years (and living in Europe). Most of the staff will know your name by the second day of your stay, and their interest in your enjoyment and satisfaction is sincere. The food at Ti Kaye is the best we sampled on the island, and, in retrospect, we would have dined better, overall, by staying at Ti Kaye for our meals, a sentiment we often heard verified from other guests who had left the grounds for culinary experimentation. A newly arrived Head Chef should provide an even greater opportunity for exciting dining. The General Manager, Katie Rosiak, has been at Ti Kaye since December and is extremely personable, energetic, and involved on a daily basis with guests without ever coming across as a ship-board Activities Director. Her touch is deft and unobtrusive, but her enthusiasm and personal involvement add to the intimate, personal nature of the resort.

Guests will find that Ti Kaye is, indeed, remote--for some, a desirable characteristic, but, for others, quite possibly, an isolating experience. Travel from Ti Kaye by cab or water taxi is both arduous and expensive (40-50 USD per person), though a day trip along the coastline offers incredible scenery. I wouldn't advise renting a car unless the driver is experienced at driving on the left side of the road from the right side of the car. Hairpin turns, steep, volcanic cliffs without guard rails, and drivers who seem to pass on the crests of hills make the reality of driving there a form of adventure sport.

A potential drawback for elderly or infirm guests might be the climb to and from the beach at Ti Kaye. Though ground transportation is available, the 150+ stairs and sheer difference in elevation from the cottages to the beach make a trip to the water more than an impulse decision. When you get to the beach, you don't want to discover that you've forgotten your sun screen (an absolute requirement). Ti Kaye has a well-managed restaurant at beach level, next to the dive shop, where lunch is served from noon until four and rum drinks are plentiful on the menu. After several drinks, take the ground transportation to the top of the stairs at the end of the day.

The lack of an exercise facility at Ti Kaye should be mentioned, though weights (dumbells) and mats are available, and yoga sessions are held one day a week in the very early morning on a patio overlooking the cove.

Management is currently working with local officials to address the only annoying aspect at Ti Kaye, and that is the local conch merchants' sales activities from their kayaks. As boats and catamarans anchor in the cove beneath Ti Kaye for diving and snorkeling, they are besieged by conch purveyors who compete for attention at this public beach by blowing loud notes through their polished shells, a native and quaint activity, to be sure, but one that renders a nap in this serene setting all but impossible. Beach merchants selling their wares, however, are few in number and are respectfully courteous when turned down.

In all, Ti Kaye represents precisely what it advertises, a remote, romantic interlude in a beautiful place, staffed with caring, courteous people where the food and wine are excellent and the internationally eclectic guest list provides opportunities for interesting conversation.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Expense of leaving the grounds
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank donaldlrob
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 2 March 2008

My wife and I went there in Dec 2007 for our birthdays. My wife booked the trip since this is typically to laid back of a vacation for me. It turned out to be the best vacation I have ever taken. The staff there is excellent. By the second day almost all of the staf members knew us and addressed us by name. The dining room experience was something that all resorts should aspire to achieve. The personalized service, excellent food, awesome wine list and my man Cleus even has Cuban cigars to enjoy after dinner. I cant give enough credit to the staff for meeting and exceeding our every needs. This resort is beautiful and kept immaculate by the house keeping staff. I'll admit when my wife told me we would be staying in a room where lizard crawl on the walls, I was a little sceptical, but you have the option at night to close the windows and turn on the air to keep any extra "friends" out of your cottage before you turn in for the night. The stairs to beach are a little tiring, especially after a few coctails on the beach. I will attach some pictures, but there are plenty of the same pictures on the internet. Basically I would say if you are hesitant about booking a trip here, dont be. This place has it all.

• Liked — Friendliness of the staff
  • Disliked — The stairs to the beach
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank camcvey
upstate ny
Reviewed 25 February 2008

My husband and I just returned from a week's stay at TiKaye Village (2/16-2/23) and loved everything about it. For the record, we are in our mid-50's, married for 36 years, occasional travelers. TiKaye was romantic, clean and relaxing. The food and drinks were reasonably priced (averaged about $80 for dinner which included at least one cocktail each), lunches were about $25 for 2 meals and 2 drinks. The food was very good. I don't eat fish, so I was concerned that I might not find enough variety- but there was either a chicken dish or a shellfish meal every evening that were delicious. My husband had the fish most nights and gave it rave reviews.
We enjoyed the beach and the pool every day. The beach did get hot- the umbrellas weren't enough shade at mid day for 2 people. Fortunately, it was easy to cool off in the ocean. I thought the water was amazingly clear. The beach sand is dark, which does hold in the heat- but it was easily dealt with (wear flip-flops). We snorkled off the beach, and by boat. We kayaked. We took the water taxi to Castries (glad we went, would not go back). We took the water taxi to The Rainforest Hideaway for a wonderful romantic dinner. We saw, and spoke to Katie daily (she was there at breakfast and dinner- and even down on the beach one day). She always asked how we were enjoying our stay. The rest of the staff was extremely friendly- and it didn't ever seem fake. We especially enjoyed Cleus, George, Victoria, Kim, Dina and Ingrid who went out of their way to ask if we needed anything.
The room was clean- always. We never used our air conditioner, and slept with all the windows open. Total bug bites=2 (mosquitos). The mosquito netting was great- it really does work.
It rained every day we were there for a few minutes. This was almost always followed by a rainbow (I think I saw 5 rainbows during the week's stay). This wasn't the rainy season, so something unusual was going on, but it wasn't a problem as the showers were always very brief.
The only thing I didn't absolutely love was the way the birds would land on the tables in the dining room. I think a cat or two might be the only way to discourage them.
All in all- it was a wonderful trip and TiKaye is a wonderful resort.

• Liked — the setting and the staff
  • Disliked — the stairs to beach, the birds in the dining room
3 Thank upstateny
Wheaton, Illinois
Reviewed 18 February 2008

My husband and I are in love with Ti Kaye after spending our honeymoon there in July 2007, we booked the Adventurous Honeymoon Package. For better or worse we have held every other Caribbean vacation we've taken together up to this resort and nothing has compared. If you're looking for a romantic getaway or a honeymoon spot, look no further and you will not be disappointed. This resort is NOT for handicapped people, children, or anyone who is looking for a big resort experience. We stayed in AA for 3 nights and then moved to H for 4 nights because we wanted a plunge pool and it wasn't available for the first 3 nights. We were lucky enough to meet some really fun couples while staying there and made it into a party every night without a problem.

GET A PLUNGE POOL! I don't care what the other reviewers say, ours was the perfect temperature and we used it multiple times each day, it was one of the things we enjoyed the most about the trip. It comes with it's own private sun deck which is perfect for lying out on when you don't want to trek down the beach. We literally used the pool morning, noon, and night.

High level summary if you don't want to read my whole review:
-Get a plunge pool & go for ocean front
-Be prepared to do some walking to get around the resort and to the beach
-There's a good chance you will see lizards in your room or bathroom area
-Food was excellent
-Castries is a dump, save your time & go elsewhere
-Bring water shoes
-Staff was very friendly and went out of their way for us
-If you get car sick, be prepared for a long ride to and from the airport, we were fine.

Rooms:
You won't find another room like the TiKaye cottages! Huge front porch, hammock, chairs and table, pool & a sun deck if you've opted to go that route, large 4 poster king canopy bed, fridge, nice bathroom, open air shower, I don't know where to begin! The only downside to the room was that the air conditioner worked okay, but not great. I highly recommend getting an ocean front room, when we stayed in AA for the first 3 nights we mostly looked out at tree tops. Then we moved to H, which is an ocean front with pool and we spent hours sitting on the deck looking at the ocean, the views were absolutely breathtaking and you see quite a variety of birds hanging out in the banana trees. We're still talking about the open air shower- water pressure was fantastic and we didn't have any issues with running out of hot water, and we took long showers.

Food:
Very good, I am a super picky eater and don't eat any meat outside of Chicken. Breakfast was wonderful, fresh fruit, pastries, freshly squeezed juices, cereal, etc. were laid out buffet style and then you can order hot items off the menu. Breakfast being included in the price was a nice touch.
We only had lunch a few days. Twice at the beach bar, everything was very good and the serving sizes seemed to be a little larger than average. The other day we had it back in the main dining area and it was very good as well, if you want a change from the beach bar menu heading upstairs for lunch is the way to go.
Dinner was fantastic, every night!! 2 nights there wasn't any chicken dish on the menu for a main course so I kind of built my own meal of salad, mashed potatoes, whatever the vegetable of the day was, without any problem.

Beach:
This is not a white sand beach, the sand is practically black so it gets very hot. We spent hours lying out and snorkeling. The snorkeling was awesome just feet from the shore, we saw all sorts of fish, sea snakes (not as scary as they sound), and my husband even saw a turtle. The beach bar staff was great and always made sure we had a cocktail or beer in hand. There are vendors on the beach but once you tell them no they don't come back and harass you. Because the snorkeling is so great Sandals brings their boats to the bay for their snorkeling excursions, yes the boats play music and no it wasn't that bad. The Sandals people can't come on our side of the beach, we really didn't notice them too much.

Trips/Excursions:
Castries sucks, there isn't much to do there and we spent most of our time in the grocery store plotting what liquor to bring back to the resort with us. The only reason I'm glad we did this trip was we bought bottles of wine and some vodka a lot cheaper than what the resort offered and brought them back to the room with us. People offer you cabs every time you turn around, the streets were kind of dirty (typical for a lot of island towns but still annoying), don't wander too far away from the center of town or you might start to feel a little uncomfortable safety wise, I'm not saying we felt like we were going to get shot, but along with a few others we adapted the "safety in numbers" policy. The spot the tour guide recommended for lunch was amazing and we wound up going there 2 hours before the scheduled pick up because we were so bored out of our minds hanging around the town.

Soufriere was a much better trip. It rained the entire time we were at the botanic gardens but we made the best of it finding the only place there that sold beer. The gardens were gorgeous and easy to navigate around. The drive in volcano was interesting to see and learn about, it didn't feel like we were inside a volcano, but whatever. The plantation they take you to for lunch had great food and my husband tried a lot of the local dishes and he said they were fantastic.

Sunset cruise was phenomenal, I'm so glad we did it. Snacks & drinks are included and it was the perfect way to relax and unwind. We had great weather and the sailboat was a very nice size and very clean.

My husband loved the scuba (his first time) and I hated it (my first time as well), it just wasn't for me. The guide was very nice though and took time to try to get me comfortable in the water. My husband has some amazing pictures of his dive, even including an octopus. There is a reef not far off the dock that they take you to if you're a first time diver and it is home to a variety of marine life.

Zip Lining was very fun, it was the first time for both of us and it was a great way to spend a morning. It's a little far from the resort but worth signing up for.

Fish Fry: Great way to spend a night- we capitalized on free drinks at the Ti Kaye bar before the bus comes to pick you up and even took some for the road. We were feeling pretty good at the fish fry and didn't bother to try any of the food but we did karaoke with the locals, my husband was the champion of the evening, singing Ice Ice Baby without looking at the monitor once. The locals were loving it, taking pictures, and the next day the resort staff was even showing up the video footage they took on their phones of him rapping and me dancing- yes that is right, we are now Ti Kaye celebrities.

We had the couples massage and it was wonderful, we should have booked more!

WE LOVE TI KAYE!! It was the best vacation ever and both of us have traveled quiet a bit. We made some amazing friends who we partied with every night (to whoever called the front desk on us- you don't know how to have a good time!!!) and we still talk to. It was the absolutely perfect combo of sun, romance, and socializing, complete with amazing rooms and perfect views. You need to have your honeymoon here.

• Liked — Beautiful & unique rooms
  • Disliked — There was a lot of walking, but we were prepared for it and it was good exercize
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
#5 of 11 in Soufriere
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,139 reviews
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!