“Awesome Getaway”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Reviewed 31 March 2008

We stayed here only one night at the end of our honeymoon, but I wished it was longer. It's beautiful and the grounds are very well-maintained. The staff was very helpful. The cove it is on is distant from any town (even the entrance road is a long way in), but the snorkeling is so good that some of the resorts a long way away send boats there. It is a lot of steps to the beach (you have to be careful, as on any long steps), though good exercise, but the distance up the hillside from the beach is what gives the rooms and the resort the spectacular views. The birds at breakfast did become a bit aggressive at the end, but it's mostly entertaining. We had a delightful time.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ti Kaye Resort & Spa

Reviewed 27 March 2008

We had a fantastic holiday at Ti Kaye. St Lucia is a beautiful island with very friendly people and Ti Kaye did make the holiday a special experience.

The rooms are lovely. Very private. Double Hammock and we had one with a private pool. The bed was very comfortable too.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beach is great and the snorkelling too. The food was excellent and prices were fair.
Overall I would go back to Ti Kaye and had a memorable holiday.

On the negative side, they should really fix the road which is 2 miles of the most bumpy stones. Given the hotel experience, they are really letting themselves down. Although it does help to keep you in the hotel and not venture out too much....

Also, they overcharged us on our final bill. Making 5 mistakes on taxi journies, trips and even the airport transfer. So check your bill thouroughly before paying, we did and got it corrected before paying.
The trips through the hotel were expensive and more than if you rang up the company yourself.

And when we arrived after being up since 4am UK time - so a total of 14 hours, our room was not ready and we had to wait an hour. They did apologise for this and offer us drinks on the house. But it was not a good first impression after such a long journey and given the fact it was 6pm - so not early in the day.

1  Thank SarahLondon_UK
Reviewed 26 March 2008

Just got back from a incredible honeymoon in St. Lucia. Ti Kaye exceeded all expectations. The staff was very friendly and personable. They make every effort to remember your name. The location of Ti Kaye is ideal as it is not to far from the southern and northern towns. The beach has beautiful fine dark sand with super clear water. Snorkeling Ti Kaye’s beach cannot be missed. We visited Jalousie beach and thought Ti Kaye’s beach to be much better. I have never experienced such incredible service at a resort. The manager Katie makes every effort to introduce herself to all guests. We stayed in a ocean view room and could not believe how incredible the view was from our bed. My favorite part of the room had to be the outdoor shower followed by the large deck. The shower made me feel like I was showering in the rain forest. It was surrounded by tropical plants. The deck and hammock were so relaxing. My wife and I spent each morning lounging on the deck and hand feeding birds.
The food at Ti Kaye was very good at times. The breakfast was a full buffet and was incredible. The lunches were also very good. I personally did not desire the dinners as they were a little pricey. I’m not a fan of small fine dining portions and this is what I got the one time we had dinner. Perhaps I caught them on a bad night. But I was not the only guest who was somewhat dissatisfied with the dinner meals. The dinner at Rainforest Hideaway cannot be missed simply for the atmosphere. The food was also pricey and not the greatest. It reminded me too much of food I get back in fancy restaurants in the states. The best meals were lunch at Fond Doux, and lunch at The Hummingbird. When I come to another country I like to taste the local foods.
We missed the fish fry as it was canceled because of Good Friday. I would not miss the sunset sail because it was the least expensive and food and alcohol were included. Hiking the Gros Piton was a challenge but the view from the top cannot be missed. Do not miss the view at Ladera, simply incredible. The staff at Ladera were not as friendly as Ti Kaye's though. If you want to rent a car just make sure you get a good price because we were quoted like 120US/day. It made more sense to hire a taxi for the day as it was about the same price. Also, make sure you save all your receipts for your room charges. We had quite a few erroneous charges on our final bill. The front desk staff kindly fixed all issues on our bill. Overall Ti Kaye exceeded all of our expectations and we will forever remember our honeymoon in beautiful St. Lucia. Thanks Ti Kaye!!

Reviewed 24 March 2008

I just got home this morning and I concur with the most recent reviews. The outdoor shower was like showereing in a waterfall in a private rainforest. The cottage was adorable and we kept all the doors open. Not a single mosquito! Katie mingled with every guest and she seems to be keeping morale up. The staff treated us like family. The wine selection was not too good however if you are picky and love good California wines. The stairs to the beach were not bad at all. One caution I would make is that if you aren't too steady on your feet, request a room close to the paved road. We had to climb many wooden stairs to our room which were rickety and dark. I could not wear high heels to the room and back. The lounge chairs and the pool and beach were not the most comfortable but were adequate. They don't set up the beach chairs until about 9:30 so if you go down before you have to set up your own. Bring your own towel from the room beacuse they don't keep any at the beach. The negative part of the trip had solely to do with the weather. It was cold and rainy with complete cloud covering. No humidity so swimming the ocean and the pool were pretty difficult. The surf was high and possbile beacause of that, I didn't see many fish when snorkling. They completely closed the beach for 2 -3 days, and canceled the water taxi, which means we didn't get to go to Rainforest Hideaway. Thankfully Ti Kaye's food was delicious. I checked other drivers recommended on Trip Advisor, but found Ti Kay's rates much cheaper so we just used them. There was no Fish Fry because of Good Friday, so if you want to do that, make sure you don't go during one of their holidays. It was a lovely experience, but at the end of 3 nights I was definitely ready to move on to Ladera. See my review there.

Stayed: March 2008
3  Thank PalomaMia
Reviewed 21 March 2008

Just returned last week, I can't say enough about what a great place TiKaye is, from the very nice manicured grounds, extremely friendly staff (they remember your names during your stay) the wonderful rooms, food and drink.
The Staff; I can't thank Kim enough for getting me some fresh aloe from there planet to put on my sun rash, it helped a lot. Cleaus the wine guy (they had a nice selection to choice from), I was so happy for my husband when he meet Gus the NFL lover who filled him in all the NFL trades going on all week, since there is no TV. Of course you can't forget about "the beach guy" George he is hillarious. Everyone in the dive shop, Chris the boat driver, Pilgram the bartendar and Terry the other beach guy what a great group of hard working people.
The Rooms: AWE, great size, loved the hammock took a few naps out there and who could complain about the awesome outdoor shower, we loved it. The weather was great we slept with are door and windows open every night, it's very quiet you can't hear your neighboors, just the crickets and frogs singing. Don't forget a biscut at dinner, we put it in the frig and feed the birds every morning on are deck while drinking coffee.
The tap water at the resort is safe to drink, it actually is very good compared to the water I have a home.
You must go to the fish fry on Friday night in Anses La Ray, it was a great time, cheap food and Piton beer, that being said.
Do not purchase the food plan, especially if you are not a big eatter. I made the mistake of doing that and ended up with extra vouchers we paid for and didn't use from days we went on excursions. Breakfast is included, lunch is about $10 or so and dinner (no starter) $22 to $35 a plate. The portions are large. They do change the dinner menu every night which is nice since the resort is far from other places. You must try the bread and butter pudding for dessert it's awesome, I had it twice. Others we talked to went to the Rainforest in Marigot Bay and said it was very good, but you have to take a taxi there and back.
Yes there are 166 stairs you have to climb every day from the beach, but it's worth it, there is great snorkeling on both sides of the bay. For some reason No one is at the pool but it was a nice change from the salt water a few afternoons.
We also enjoyed the land and sea tour, but don't waste your money on Castries, it was dirty with large bank buildings all over the water front, the shopping is not that great, but I don't buy a lot of trinkets on vacation.
Thank you all for making our 15th Anniversary stay so memorible.

2  Thank Skyyhawk
Reviewed 18 March 2008

Just returned from Ti Kaye - a week of sheer tropical bliss ! It simply doesn't get any better than this for the perfect, intimate romantic warm weather get-away. My husband and I stayed a week in mid-March and Ti Kaye far exceeded our expectations in all ways - location, service, pampering, food etc. - and we're picky.
If you look at their website - it's just like that - maybe even better.

Ti Kaye has 30 very private guest cottages dotting a cliff overlooking the ocean. You have your very own veranda with a huge hammock, table and rocking chairs. The view from every cottage is spectacular. We were in Awa - and the view was awesome.

Your shower is actually a beautiful rock garden adjacent to your bathroom - and your bed is a king-sized 4-poster out of a romance novel. Major WOW factor.

With a new chef on-board - the food was excellent...and just getting better. AND a full buffet breakfast was included. To go off property for dinner can be expensive - given Ti Kaye's remote location. However - you must try the Rainforest Hideaway - and AVOID JJ's Paradise - both in Marigot Bay. For transportation you can choose from land, water and rental car options.

The beach is reached by lots of stairs - and that may be a problem for some folks. But that's fine because they have a golf cart shuttle.

The sand is silvery grey and can be very hot during the midday. Also - get your beach time in the morning - before the cruise ship catamarans dock there in the afternoon. The Beach Bar is a great option for lunch - and after lunch go to their small but lovely swimming pool to escape the day-trippers.

One of the best things about this resort is the crowd it attracts. During our stay, we met very hip young honeymooners, retirees, Europeans, Canadians and Americans - a great mix of people of all ages and backgrounds that had a fabulous time together!

AND yes - the road into Ti Kaye is long, bumpy and a bone-jarring event. But it's sooooooo worth it!

1  Thank julieandkeith
Reviewed 15 March 2008

Ti Kaye was absolutely gorgeous. They paid attention to every detail! The staff was beyond friendly, they even took the time to learn our names. By the end of the trip I was being called mista Mark. The beach was wonderful. The only two downsides were occasionally a lot of boats parked out in front, but that was only between 12-3 (ish). There was also a local vendor who sets up shop at the beach and sells the same souveniers one can buy MUCH cheaper in castries. Not to mention he was pushey and would interrupet. The snorkeling was FANTASTIC along the coast line. I saw multiple different species of parrot fish, trumpetfish, angel fish, I saw squid, a barracuda 2 different types of eels and even a sea turtle! The food at Ti Kaye was great. I had fresh fish every day (tuna, kingfish, mahi mahi and red snapper). My girflriend ordered a prime rib and she loved it. I had a bite and thought it was good, but I was all about the fish and was never let down. Breakfasts were wonderful every morning serving fresh local fruits an array of fruit juices (try the golden apple juice, nothing like apple juice up here in boston).

PLEASE NOTE! upon your arrival, if you are arriving at night, you will go down a VERY bumpy, steep, windey, hilly road. It may feel like you're going off course, however that is where Ti Kaye is. Once you get to the resort it is BEAUTIFUL. Every night we slept we could hear the ocean and crickets. Ti Kaye has a security team roaming all night.
The pool is pretty, but nothing to write home about, but who needs the pool when you've got the ocean so close.

The land and sea tour is a "must do" which can be arranged through the hotel. The waterful is beautiful, the botanical gardens are remarkable and the volcano, smells bad, but is interested none-the less. We also got to know some more people at the resort that day and had some laughs.
We took a day trip up to Rodney Bay...which is nice and more kid friendly, but it wasn't my taste. All of the resorts are on top of each other. Tons of boats and jet ski's motoring close by. It is a little louder and "touristy".

To summaraize: Ti Kaye's staff is absolutely top notch! The views and landscaping are gorgeous and the food was wonderful. If you are looking for a romantic get away, then Ti Kaye is a perfect place!

1  Thank Markch33
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Ladera Resort
Ladera Resort
#2 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!