We stayed at Ti Kaye for 9 nights in April, after spending the previous week at the Royal in the north of the island.
Ti Kaye was fantastic - perfect for honeymooners and couples! The staff were very friendly and all gave us a very warm welcome and great service during our stay (particularly Katy, Christian and his extensive local knowledge, Mano and the somelier).
Weather-wise, compared to the north of island the Anse Cochon area is more sheltered from the wind so sunbathing is hard work as it seems much hotter and the mosquitoes have more opportunity to bite - luckily there was plenty of insect repellent provided in the rooms!
The trek down to the beach was interesting so most days we stayed by the poolside. There were a lot of "party boats" that stop off in the bay (accompanied by local sellers) which can get a bit noisy but they only stay a short while and tend not to use the beach bar/hotel facilities. Aside from that the beach was nice and the beach bar provided some different lunch options to the main restaurant. The menu is limited and because it's so secluded it's not easy to "pop out" to other local areas. We did go over to the Fish Fry, Rainforest Hideaway and Dasheene which were all worth the trip, especially if you can take the water taxi! We also did the Soufriere land and Sea Tour and the Soufriere snorkelling trip (where we saw turtles!) as well as having the massage and seafood dinner in our cottage (which I would highly recommend).
The cottages were just sublime! We stayed in a private cottage and it was just gorgeous lying on the double hammock or in bed with that view!!! The bull finches do get friendly by flying into the room and you can get them to eat out of your hand but if you don't like plenty of local wildlife intruding on your stay, be warned. We also had a very noisy frog in our outdoor shower which came back again after we set it "free" outside out cottage!
Quite simply - if you want a romantic getaway with great service this is the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia