“Simply Amazing!”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Reviewed 1 May 2008

We stayed at Ti Kaye for 9 nights in April, after spending the previous week at the Royal in the north of the island.

Ti Kaye was fantastic - perfect for honeymooners and couples! The staff were very friendly and all gave us a very warm welcome and great service during our stay (particularly Katy, Christian and his extensive local knowledge, Mano and the somelier).

Weather-wise, compared to the north of island the Anse Cochon area is more sheltered from the wind so sunbathing is hard work as it seems much hotter and the mosquitoes have more opportunity to bite - luckily there was plenty of insect repellent provided in the rooms!

The trek down to the beach was interesting so most days we stayed by the poolside. There were a lot of "party boats" that stop off in the bay (accompanied by local sellers) which can get a bit noisy but they only stay a short while and tend not to use the beach bar/hotel facilities. Aside from that the beach was nice and the beach bar provided some different lunch options to the main restaurant. The menu is limited and because it's so secluded it's not easy to "pop out" to other local areas. We did go over to the Fish Fry, Rainforest Hideaway and Dasheene which were all worth the trip, especially if you can take the water taxi! We also did the Soufriere land and Sea Tour and the Soufriere snorkelling trip (where we saw turtles!) as well as having the massage and seafood dinner in our cottage (which I would highly recommend).

The cottages were just sublime! We stayed in a private cottage and it was just gorgeous lying on the double hammock or in bed with that view!!! The bull finches do get friendly by flying into the room and you can get them to eat out of your hand but if you don't like plenty of local wildlife intruding on your stay, be warned. We also had a very noisy frog in our outdoor shower which came back again after we set it "free" outside out cottage!

Quite simply - if you want a romantic getaway with great service this is the place to go.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 April 2008

From reading other people's reviews, we decided we must be easy to please, because we just returned from our honeymoon at TiKaye in April and it was absolutely wonderful. Of course if you look hard enough, you can find a few negatives, but in our opinion, the positives far outweigh them and we had a great experience. We only regret not staying another 2-3 days.

We stayed 7 nights in one of the cottages with a pool. We used the pool every day. On days at the resort, we'd spend mornings on the beach/ocean and have a late lunch down at the beach bar and spent afternoons relaxing in our own little pool enjoying beverages from the mini bar you can request to be stocked with your favorites.

We did venture off the resort to enjoy some of what St. Lucia had to offer. We climbed Gros Piton one day, which I would warn anyone, was more difficult than we would have thought. It's definitely strenuous (over 4 hours up and down), but well worth the challenge. Another day we did the Land and Sea Tour to Soufriere, which is a great way to view the area, as Soufriere is beautiful. We also greatly enjoyed the sunset cruise one night. And we definitely recommend the Friday night Fish Fry in Anse La Raye, it was fun and a good way to sample the local nightlife and food.

The food at the resort was very good. If you like fish, there's always a fresh catch. We even saw the fishermen bring it in off the beach one day. Pilgrim will fix you up with a good drink at the bar. The staff was great. We'd like to point out Gus and George as particularly special people. I particularly miss the breakfast spread. My wife misses the local vegetable/fruit chips you can get with lunch. We would often split the lunch entrees, as they're quite large. We went all out for dinner though.

A few suggestions if anyone from TiKaye is reading - We enjoyed how every night the different selections were prepared differently, however, it would be nice if there were more dinner entree selections. Some nights they'd run out of things. But the food quality is good always. And when setting up the Piton climb, they might have a better solution for breakfast/food for the guests. We didn't get back from the climb until almost 3 PM and were totally starving. I guess we like to eat :)

I would highly recommend TiKaye to anyone, especially honeymooners or couples looking for relaxation and romance.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RockChalk73
Reviewed 18 April 2008

All of the fantastic comments are true. The views are amazing, the cottages are romantic, the food is excellent, and the staff is very attentive. There's little I can add to the superlatives. Therefore, I'd like to concentrate on a couple of fine points.

First, I had planned to rent a vehicle at the hotel for a few days but changed my mind once I saw the conditions of the roads. I had read the reviews and pictured some windy mountain roads like I had driven in the North Carolina mountains. Boy, did I not get the message. The two-mile road coming into the village from the main road reminded me of the one Robin Williams encountered in the movie "R.V.". The van from the airport ended with a body slamming, 10 mile per hour, van scrapping experience for about 10 minutes.

Furthermore, the main roads have some serious problems. They sometimes don't have middle lines, the curves aren't always marked, and the tour bus operators come within a few feet of rental car bumpers. I have rented a car in third-world countries and have taken them out on side roads, such as in Costa Rica. However, what I saw in St. Lucia was too much for me. I took the tours, and paid more than I would have if I had rented a car. This country badly needs to hire a retired civil engineer and improve the roads. On the flip side of this argument, everyone leading the tours did an exceptional job and the Soufriere Land/Sea tour was beautiful.

Second, despite all of the boats coming into Anse Cochon, I found the snorkeling at the beach to be better than average, but not exceptional. Perhaps I didn't venture far enough out to the point, which was about 300 yards from the beach. I found the snorkeling at Anse Chastenet to be better, which we discovered when we went out on the dive boat. I would recommend this for snorkelers. All the scuba divers we befriended raved about their experience.

2  Thank TeachingTornado
Reviewed 31 March 2008

We stayed here only one night at the end of our honeymoon, but I wished it was longer. It's beautiful and the grounds are very well-maintained. The staff was very helpful. The cove it is on is distant from any town (even the entrance road is a long way in), but the snorkeling is so good that some of the resorts a long way away send boats there. It is a lot of steps to the beach (you have to be careful, as on any long steps), though good exercise, but the distance up the hillside from the beach is what gives the rooms and the resort the spectacular views. The birds at breakfast did become a bit aggressive at the end, but it's mostly entertaining. We had a delightful time.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 March 2008

We had a fantastic holiday at Ti Kaye. St Lucia is a beautiful island with very friendly people and Ti Kaye did make the holiday a special experience.

The rooms are lovely. Very private. Double Hammock and we had one with a private pool. The bed was very comfortable too.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beach is great and the snorkelling too. The food was excellent and prices were fair.
Overall I would go back to Ti Kaye and had a memorable holiday.

On the negative side, they should really fix the road which is 2 miles of the most bumpy stones. Given the hotel experience, they are really letting themselves down. Although it does help to keep you in the hotel and not venture out too much....

Also, they overcharged us on our final bill. Making 5 mistakes on taxi journies, trips and even the airport transfer. So check your bill thouroughly before paying, we did and got it corrected before paying.
The trips through the hotel were expensive and more than if you rang up the company yourself.

And when we arrived after being up since 4am UK time - so a total of 14 hours, our room was not ready and we had to wait an hour. They did apologise for this and offer us drinks on the house. But it was not a good first impression after such a long journey and given the fact it was 6pm - so not early in the day.

1  Thank SarahLondon_UK
Reviewed 26 March 2008

Just got back from a incredible honeymoon in St. Lucia. Ti Kaye exceeded all expectations. The staff was very friendly and personable. They make every effort to remember your name. The location of Ti Kaye is ideal as it is not to far from the southern and northern towns. The beach has beautiful fine dark sand with super clear water. Snorkeling Ti Kaye’s beach cannot be missed. We visited Jalousie beach and thought Ti Kaye’s beach to be much better. I have never experienced such incredible service at a resort. The manager Katie makes every effort to introduce herself to all guests. We stayed in a ocean view room and could not believe how incredible the view was from our bed. My favorite part of the room had to be the outdoor shower followed by the large deck. The shower made me feel like I was showering in the rain forest. It was surrounded by tropical plants. The deck and hammock were so relaxing. My wife and I spent each morning lounging on the deck and hand feeding birds.
The food at Ti Kaye was very good at times. The breakfast was a full buffet and was incredible. The lunches were also very good. I personally did not desire the dinners as they were a little pricey. I’m not a fan of small fine dining portions and this is what I got the one time we had dinner. Perhaps I caught them on a bad night. But I was not the only guest who was somewhat dissatisfied with the dinner meals. The dinner at Rainforest Hideaway cannot be missed simply for the atmosphere. The food was also pricey and not the greatest. It reminded me too much of food I get back in fancy restaurants in the states. The best meals were lunch at Fond Doux, and lunch at The Hummingbird. When I come to another country I like to taste the local foods.
We missed the fish fry as it was canceled because of Good Friday. I would not miss the sunset sail because it was the least expensive and food and alcohol were included. Hiking the Gros Piton was a challenge but the view from the top cannot be missed. Do not miss the view at Ladera, simply incredible. The staff at Ladera were not as friendly as Ti Kaye's though. If you want to rent a car just make sure you get a good price because we were quoted like 120US/day. It made more sense to hire a taxi for the day as it was about the same price. Also, make sure you save all your receipts for your room charges. We had quite a few erroneous charges on our final bill. The front desk staff kindly fixed all issues on our bill. Overall Ti Kaye exceeded all of our expectations and we will forever remember our honeymoon in beautiful St. Lucia. Thanks Ti Kaye!!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 24 March 2008

I just got home this morning and I concur with the most recent reviews. The outdoor shower was like showereing in a waterfall in a private rainforest. The cottage was adorable and we kept all the doors open. Not a single mosquito! Katie mingled with every guest and she seems to be keeping morale up. The staff treated us like family. The wine selection was not too good however if you are picky and love good California wines. The stairs to the beach were not bad at all. One caution I would make is that if you aren't too steady on your feet, request a room close to the paved road. We had to climb many wooden stairs to our room which were rickety and dark. I could not wear high heels to the room and back. The lounge chairs and the pool and beach were not the most comfortable but were adequate. They don't set up the beach chairs until about 9:30 so if you go down before you have to set up your own. Bring your own towel from the room beacuse they don't keep any at the beach. The negative part of the trip had solely to do with the weather. It was cold and rainy with complete cloud covering. No humidity so swimming the ocean and the pool were pretty difficult. The surf was high and possbile beacause of that, I didn't see many fish when snorkling. They completely closed the beach for 2 -3 days, and canceled the water taxi, which means we didn't get to go to Rainforest Hideaway. Thankfully Ti Kaye's food was delicious. I checked other drivers recommended on Trip Advisor, but found Ti Kay's rates much cheaper so we just used them. There was no Fish Fry because of Good Friday, so if you want to do that, make sure you don't go during one of their holidays. It was a lovely experience, but at the end of 3 nights I was definitely ready to move on to Ladera. See my review there.

Stayed: March 2008
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Anse Chastanet
Anse Chastanet
#5 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!