This is a true diamond of a place. It is a bit of a rough ride from the airport, but once you get there, it is incredible. We stayed in room "G" which had a private deck and private swimming pool.The hammock was great. The shrubs and vegetation gave it excellent privacy. The room was simple but nice with a large bed with a mosquito net. Our A/C worked well to cool the room. The outside shower was very cool and pleasant. There was a small refigerator in the room stocked with drinks and snacks at very reasonable prices. We even ordered some local chocolate.
The restaraunt was excellent. We were on a food plan that covered most of our meals. The food there was excellent, really and truly excellent with new menu choices every day. Furthermore, the food reflected local cuisine but in very creative and tasty combinations/presentations. They even made us a dinner of our choosing (anything we asked for) and brought it to our room one night. The piton beer is good as were the mixed drinks.
The beach there was very secluded and private with actually pretty good snorkeling. Sometimes there were cruise boats in the distance that you could see/hear, but not too bad. There was a small bar and snorkeling shack on the beach but I understand they have expanded and now there is a restaraunt on the beach too. There were never more than a few other guests on the beach and a few locals with their kids on the other side of the beach.
We ate out once at LaDera. Ladera is not as good as tikaye. There is a water taxi that leaves from the beach, we visited a mall and ate out at a place called Froggie Jacks that was good. There is also a night-
time ocean boat ride we took that was pleasant although it started raining, but we got a great ocean view of the resort which was pretty cool.
We hired a taxi for the day and regret it. We visited the springs and city, but feel we wasted a day and would rather have just stayed at tikaye, it is so much nicer and better than anything you will see or eat in the cities/villages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia