“Still remember how great it was”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Reviewed 28 May 2008

This is a true diamond of a place. It is a bit of a rough ride from the airport, but once you get there, it is incredible. We stayed in room "G" which had a private deck and private swimming pool.The hammock was great. The shrubs and vegetation gave it excellent privacy. The room was simple but nice with a large bed with a mosquito net. Our A/C worked well to cool the room. The outside shower was very cool and pleasant. There was a small refigerator in the room stocked with drinks and snacks at very reasonable prices. We even ordered some local chocolate.

The restaraunt was excellent. We were on a food plan that covered most of our meals. The food there was excellent, really and truly excellent with new menu choices every day. Furthermore, the food reflected local cuisine but in very creative and tasty combinations/presentations. They even made us a dinner of our choosing (anything we asked for) and brought it to our room one night. The piton beer is good as were the mixed drinks.

The beach there was very secluded and private with actually pretty good snorkeling. Sometimes there were cruise boats in the distance that you could see/hear, but not too bad. There was a small bar and snorkeling shack on the beach but I understand they have expanded and now there is a restaraunt on the beach too. There were never more than a few other guests on the beach and a few locals with their kids on the other side of the beach.

We ate out once at LaDera. Ladera is not as good as tikaye. There is a water taxi that leaves from the beach, we visited a mall and ate out at a place called Froggie Jacks that was good. There is also a night-
time ocean boat ride we took that was pleasant although it started raining, but we got a great ocean view of the resort which was pretty cool.

We hired a taxi for the day and regret it. We visited the springs and city, but feel we wasted a day and would rather have just stayed at tikaye, it is so much nicer and better than anything you will see or eat in the cities/villages.

• Stayed: October 2003, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ti Kaye Resort & Spa

Reviewed 25 May 2008

TI KAYE VILLAGE
We looooooved Ti Kaye! We were there for the first 4 days of our honeymoon in cottage “L” (ocean front with plunge pool)

Pros:
-We felt that our cottage was very private and it also had an amazing view!!
-Very intimate and romantic
-Small resort so the staff learns your name and makes you feel special!
-Great for relaxing
-Most everyone is friendly
-Air conditioning!!!
-Good Food
-Happy Hour Prices! (Buy one get one free)
-The manager’s party with band was really fun (once a week)
-There was a hammock and rocking chairs on our porch that we loved to hang out in

Cons:
-The beach wasn’t impressive…. Lots of locals and other resort people came while we were there
-The walk up the stairs from the beach seriously sucks
-Sand gets HOT -wear flip flops
-The road to Ti Kaye is every bit as curvy as everyone says- definitely take some Dramamine- even if you don’t get car sick normally!
-Ti Kaye is very secluded (which is a good and bad thing) but if you want to leave the resort, it is very expensive and takes a while to get anywhere
-While the food was excellent, the lunch menu wasn’t overly impressive because it was the same everyday and quite expensive! Dinner was always good, although there is only the one restaurant where the menu changes so choices are quite limited.

Activities we did while we were at Ti Kaye:
- Ti Kaye was great for relaxing!!
- Scuba diving- great experience! Everyone was very friendly, and we went with only one other couple, so we felt like a lot of attention was paid to us. We dove at Key Hole Pinnacles and Anse Chastanet Reef- both of which were cool.
- Ziplining- very unique activity. I’m glad we did it, although it was a LONG drive (I think almost an hour and a half) each way and then only 45 mins at the ziplining. Overall, I would say that if you have the extra time and money, then do the ziplining, but it is not a must-do.
- Took a water taxi to Marigot Bay to eat at the Rainforest Hideaway- this was awesome!! Such a cool experience! (it was expensive though, $80 for the water taxi, and then probably $125 on dinner without drinks)
- Snorkeled in front of Ti Kaye- this was okay, snorkeling sucks if you are a scuba diver, plus we ran into some small jelly fish that stung us, so we quickly got out of the water. It felt like a bee sting.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sarahnwill
Reviewed 25 May 2008

We picked Ti Kaye (tee ki) as our place to get married! We arrived on a Monday, with a quick pickup from the airport and a nice little trip to the resort! The road to the resort is not as bad as other reviews make it out to be - we were expecting much worse!
We stayed in 'Awa' (meaning 'no') and it was fabulous! One of the best parts of the trip is waking up to the birds in the morning and the awesome views of your private porch (hammock is awesome,too!).

Breakfast is amazing! Lunch at the beach bar is very good, as well -however breakfast and dinner are so filling we typically just shared a lunch. Dinner was AWESOME! We had a private dinner the night before we left and it was great!

Although the wedding could have been organized a bit better, overall it was great. We had an AWESOME photographer - Roger from Reflections (www.reflectionsphotoandvideo.com). We are very pleased with our pictures & he was a pleasure to be around. He stayed for at least 4 hours taking pictures with us! My flowers were beautiful, the rum cake was great, and overall it worked out well!

As far as excursions - we went on the Castries trip which isn't amazing but I'm glad I went. It's nice just to get a feel for the city and do some shopping. We went on the Land & Sea tour which was worth going on. We tried hanging out as much as possible, however, at the resort because it was just so great. Snorkeling there is awesome and the kayaking was great too! The fish fry is a must!

The staff of Ti Kaye really made our trip! They are so nice and very genuine about it. We wanted some St. Lucian music to bring home and Pilgrim (bartender) even took his own personal time out to get some for us and bring it back to the resort.

We met some of the best people while on our trip - which made it even better!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 May 2008

My husband and I were at Ti Kaye May 3-10 and loved everything about it. Our search for the perfect Caribbean vacation is now over. After we got to Ti Kaye and saw that we were in a unique private tropical paradise, we decided to not leave resort at all for any activities so we could have a totally relaxing week of R&R. It is even more isolated and beautiful than in the web site photos. The new manager Katie Roziak is the best---always a huge smile and she and the staff all knew our first names!---the manager's cocktail party on Wednesday night before delicious huge buffet is excellent----a great way to meet your fellow guests. Ti Kaye attracts a very congenial group---people who don't need the pretentiousness of a Ritz Carlton, yet it is more quietly luxurious than eco-resorts we've visited. We are in our early 50s, and have been married for over 30 years, but we loved talking with all the young honeymooners as well as people our age (hi Fran & John!). We were so glad we had a plunge pool---we used it all the time after the heat of the beach. Our oceanfront cottage was beautiful. Loved outdoor shower. Cottages are so cleverly sited as to be very private. We never thought of putting on the AC, the ceiling fan and nighttime breezes were perfect, with doors wide open to our porch. Mosquito netting kept out any bugs and is so charming. We didn't see any bug pests at all, only geckos which we love. We could hear the surf at night on the cliffs, then in the morning we watched the local fishermen in their wooden boats standing rod straight eyeing their nets. Landscaping and flowers are beautiful, hummingbirds everywhere---so nice gardeners use machetes rather than power lawn tools--we have enough noise pollution in US. Food is fabulous--I needed the 166 steps up from beach for exercise. When Katie found out my husband is a vegetarian, the chef made him something special each night. We loved the free breakfasts (huge) and then ordered cheese/cracker and fruit plates & beer for lunch to be delivered to our room refrigerator--and it was always waiting when we got back up from the beach. Loved the free kayak use---maybe buy a few more double kayaks. Terry at the beach is wonderful, as is beach bar staff led by Karen. Try their fresh vegetable chips. At Ti Kaye it's so nice not to be nickel and dimed or have to pay and tip to have a beach umbrella/chair set up. You can lock your wallets and passports in the room safe and not touch them all week. We spent mornings and late afternoons on the beach (sand is hot, take flip-flops, hats, and sunscreen), by the time the catamarans came from Carnival cruise ships, we were up on our porch sitting in our rockers (with footstools!) and it was great entertainment to watch. We loved hearing the conch shells blowing. The local people selling things on the beach were fine by us--not as aggressive as we've seen on other islands, and we did buy some souvenirs for our kids. Locals do very well when the cruise ship people come in, so they don't hassle Ti Kaye guests if you're not interested. Just say no thanks. I loved seeing the local people play soccer, barbecue and nap on Sunday at the beach, it's their island after all. The natural beauty all around you on this beach cannot be over emphasized---where else can you sit on the beach and as far as you can see it is forest on all sides, there are no other resorts anywhere near Ti Kaye. Beach was very clean, and there is always a quiet security presence, very discreet but reassuring at night on beach and around the cottages. Things I'm very glad we brought that I'd seen suggested on Trip Advisor: binoculars, our own snorkels,masks,fins, bug repellant for evenings, a citronella candle (they had 1, but 2 were nice), wooden clothes pins for clothesline in garden shower (I left mine). Dinner dress suggestions are nice--wouldn't it bring down the mood to have a guy in a baseball cap turned backwards and a tank top? For women simple sundresses or casual skirts or capris suffice. My husband wore Bermuda shorts and tropical shirts. No one wore anything too dressy. I didn't even wear all the clothes I brought because we lived in our bathing suits. Next time I would just bring another bathing suit cover-up or two for variety. It is hot and you don't even need a sweater (except for the plane). During our week the fitness center was under renovation (and a cliffside spa is being built!) but the office gave my husband some free weights, and for exercise he swam across the little bay. Ti Kaye's secret weapon is the well-trained, totally professional staff---next time we'll do a wine-tasting with Cleus, everyone loved it. Thanks to Dina, Gus, Pilgrim, and others whose names I wish I could remember for dining room and bar service, and for always reminding us to make our dinner reservations. We still chuckle over the way Dina said to my husband, "Are you innocent?" since we were in Cottage I for Innosant! Airport drivers are fabulous---if you think you'll feel carsick on their roller coaster ride, just ask to sit in the front seat and it's fine. Our only caveat---music at dinner was usually canned pop music from States---please have more live local music bands like on Sat. and Wed. nights, or even recorded Caribbean music. We only hated to leave this perfect little paradise. We'll be back.

1  Thank JerseyGirl057
Reviewed 14 May 2008

We stayed at Ti Kaye for our honeymoon trip from May 3-10, flying from Oklahoma. It was absolutely fabulous and incredibly beautiful. We splurged on a room with a plunge pool, and were very pleased with that decision...it was so refreshing to jump in after an afternoon at the beach. We also enjoyed getting in at night to watch the bats fly around. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 12 May 2008

Just returned from a wonderful week at TiKaye. Our vacation started out with our plane being 7 hours delayed ,despite this our driver was there to greet us, and there was a light bite waiting for us in our cottage.This seemed to set the tone for the entire week.
Everyone from Kate the general manager on down could not have been more accomodating and genuinely friendly..
Thanks for all the wonderful reviews we have read on this post which helped us choose this garden of eden. If you do not like being close to nature and do not like birds this spot is not for you.
The cottages are very comfortable and well designed, beds are extremely comfortable..outdoor shower is glorious, glad we opted for the plunge pool,{ so great after a morning at the beach}
Hammock is sublime, looking out to the sea .
Evenings started out with Happy Hour, which is a great value, followed by dinner on the terrace dining room.
My husband and I consider ourselves to be foodies , and found the food to be well prepared by the new chef Eric. Lunch menu as noted by many posters is great, loved the fresh chips.
We would return in a heartbeat to this magical place!!!

Reviewed 11 May 2008

I booked Ti Kaye after reading the reviews in Trip Advisor and wanted to chime in and say I had an amazing experience. I was just reading some of the negative reviews too, which I guess is understandable, especially for people who did not have the best wedding experience.

For me I had an amazing romantic getaway with my girlfriend, which is exactly what I was looking for. We had rented a four wheel drive SUV (which I think made us the minority of guests) and the resort is at the end of a bumpy road. The security guard asked for my name, and by the time we arrived at resort, someone was waiting for us to bring us to our welcome drink and check us in. Overall I think the staff was provided some of the best service I've received for the price.

The room I thought was amazing. We paid around $200 for a cottage without a plunge pool, which I think was a great value. The bed, bathroom, and all over was covered in flower petals. My girlfriend loved the hammock and private deck, although by night time the mosquitos would come and get us. (One recommendation I do have is bring your own mosquito repellent with Deet, the citrus stuff they have in the bathroom does not work nearly as well). There were no screens on the windows so we kept them closed at night, turned on the AC, and lowered the mosquito net to keep out the bugs.

The beach at the time we visited (early May) was not too crowded, and Terry gave us amazing and friendly service. Every time I looked up from my chair he would run up to see what we needed. We did go snorkling and use the kayaks to explore the cove. The snorkling wasn't the most amazing of my life but it is a great way to cool down after sitting on the beach.

The food at Ti Kaye was okay. We had a seafood selection one night and it was probably the best meal I had in St. Lucia, except for the fish which was way overcooked and dry. There is a reasonable wine list for the Caribbean and another couple told us they enjoyed the wine tasting session in the afternoon.

I did read other's reviews that there wasn't much else to do. That wasn't a problem for us as we had a rental car and were able to explore Soufriere, Castries, and elsewhere. It added some expense but I could see how people could get bored after a couple days if they didn't have any way to get out. And I will admit that this is not the type of place you want to go with a family.

I wouldn't have minded staying an extra couple days (we stayed three days at Ti Kaye and three days at Fond Doux in Soufriere). I would definitely recommend renting a car and visiting Castries and other parts of the island.

The one part about visiting Ti Kaye is we felt insulated in this resort bubble. The Caribbean experience is also about meeting the people, seeing how they live, trying to understand their patois, which we did not get at all at Ti Kaye.

We went to an amazing show at the St. Lucia Jazz festival at Pigeon Point, and in a way, that was our only opportunity to speak with the locals, eat their food (for much less than resort prices), and interact with them. One of the locals mentioned they visited Ti Kaye as part of a reward they were given, and it occurred to me that we had been living in this place that the locals rarely visit. So did we really see St. Lucia? Who is to say. Regardless we had an amazing romantic experience. Ti Kaye was definitely the highlight of my trip.

1  Thank lac14
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Ladera Resort
Ladera Resort
#2 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!