“Ti Kaye, St. Lucia” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Ti Kaye, St. Lucia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Ti Kaye was a great vacation, it was exactly what we were looking for. It was secluded, and remote, no commercialization. Amazing options for excursions if you want to get away, and the perfect environment to just sit around and relax and do nothing. Our room was stunning, the plunge pool was awesome. Sunsets/Sunrises from our balcony were just gorgeous. The room was very comfortable, the AC worked great, no bug issues at all (besides the loud noises from nature!), and housekeeping did a fantastic job. Love the outdoor shower. Do the wine tasting. Cleus is not only a wine prodigy, but a really awesome guy who loves his craft. Everyone is super nice and friendly. An amazing staff, so helpful all the time. Front desk is super attentive, responsive, and prompt. Nothing but politeness and professionalism, while making you feel comfortable. Anything you need, the front desk will be able to help you. The beach is beautiful. It's not white sand, but that didn't bother us. Snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking and swimming, all within arms reach. Gorgeous reefs and the water is just perfect. The guys on the beach are friendly, just trying to make a living. If you are polite to them, they are polite to you. Boats from other resorts come in, but not for long, and it didn't bother us at all. Terry does a killer job. Yeah, going back up the steps is a pain, but if you take your time, it's really not that bad at all. Food was delicious. Perfect portions. Food Is expensive. Waitstaff is a little bit slow, but what's the rush anyway? Everything is so fresh. I watched them pick mangoes from the mango tree in front of the restaurant as i was eating mangoes for breakfast - fresh AND sustainable (nothing like reducing your carbon footprint!). Not for kids, not for the super lazy, not for the physically disabled or the morbidly obese, and not for uptight folks who are expecting Ritz Carlton luxury and service in a New York minute. If you do your research and you think Ti Kaye is for you - don't hesitate. You will not regret it but not longer than a week.Thank you to the Ti Kaye management and staff for the perfect vacation. Just perfect. Special thanks to Nadine and Elizabeth!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Craig S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Jupiter, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Ti Kaye is one of those truly special places to visit. We stayed in one of the private cottages, and our room was so beautiful. We spent time on our porch every morning and evening, enjoying the view, the hammock, and the birds. The rooms open up nicely during the day and you can close up all the windows at night and use the A/C if you want. Sleeping with the sounds of the frogs, wind, and occasional rain was very peaceful and relaxing. And one of our favorite parts was the outdoor shower.

The food at Ti Kaye was really good. Our only complaint was that the fish of the day was almost always the same. Breakfast had a lot of great options, we enjoyed lunch at the beach restaurant, and dinners were really nice, especially the seafood dinner or the beach, that was totally worth it.

The wine tasting was great, we highly recommend doing that. The wine selections are impressive, and the tasting pairs each selection with cheeses. The wine room is pretty cold, wear something warm to the tasting or the private dinner.

The beach is beautiful, but you do have to walk down a lot of stairs o get there, this wasn't an issue for us at all. You can snorkel, kayak, or just hang out. We enjoyed kayaking over to the next bay, we ended up on a beach alone, it was just lovely. The only downside of the beach is the carnival catamarans that stop by when the cruise ships are in port. But they are only there for a couple hours, so it's not too bad.

For activities we did the South Island tour, the snorkeling trip, and the fish fry, all were really fun. The people that work at Ti Kaye are really great, they made our stay very special. We had an amazing, relaxing trip and would highly recommend staying there!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rebecca__881
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely resort. The setting is breathtaking. The cottages are spacious with hammocks, porches, and outdoor showers. (But book a solo cabin as the walls are thin.) The maid service is very good, as well as service at the beach and bar. This a great remote spot to get away from it all. That being said, it's remoteness makes it challenging to take in local fare and culture. This challenge is greater due to the incredibly poor state of the road in and out of the resort. The other area that requires improvement is the concierge office, which was uncommunicative. We had to badger them about arranging and confirming activities for us. Given its remoteness and the poor condition of the roadway, the cost of meals was surprising. A food bill for the week could easily exceed the cost of lodging. On top of that a 10% service charge is added to every food bill as well as an 8% tax. Moreover, the 10% service charge may be added to activities but that is not made clear when an activity is booked - so you are left wondering whether to tip or not tip. Finally, the beach is not as relaxing as it could be, given the constant interactions with local vendors and other "party" boats from other resorts bringing in folks to swim and snorkel to loud music.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank joAnn0716
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Ti Kaye was the perfect vacation, because it was exactly what we were looking for. It was secluded, and everything you need is at the resort. Amazing options for excursions if you want to get away, and the perfect environment to just sit around and relax and do nothing.

Our room was stunning, the plunge pool was awesome. Sitting in the plunge pool at night and looking up at the stars was breathtaking. Sunrises from our balcony were just gorgeous. The room was very comfortable, the AC worked great, no bug issues at all, and housekeeping did a fantastic job. Love the outdoor shower.

Do the wine tasting. Cleus is not only a wine prodigy, but a really awesome guy to boot. Everyone is super nice and friendly. An amazing staff, so helpful all the time. We loved all of the bartenders. Pick their brains - they have extensive knowledge about the island, music, rum, and many other things. The bar in the hotel is beautiful, better than any other hotel bar i've ever been to, but it might have been because i loved the bartenders so much.

Spa service was excellent and the view from the spa is the cherry on top.

The beach is beautiful. It's not white sand, but that didn't bother us. Snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking and swimming, all within arms reach. Gorgeous reefs and the water is just perfect. The guys on the beach are friendly, just trying to make a living. If you are polite to them, they are polite to you. Boats from other resorts come in, but not for long, and it didn't bother us at all. Beach bar service was awesome, Terry does a killer job. Yeah, going back up the steps is a pain, but if you take your time, it's really not that bad at all.

Food was delicious. Perfect portions. Waitstaff is a little bit slow, but what's the rush anyway? Everything is so fresh. I watched them pick mangoes from the mango tree in front of the restaurant as i was eating mangoes for breakfast - fresh AND sustainable (nothing like reducing your carbon footprint!). Creole buffet was great, and the local fish fry was so much fun.

Not for kids, not for the super lazy, not for the physically disabled or the morbidly obese, and not for uptight folks who are expecting Ritz Carlton luxury and service in a New York minute. If you do your research and you think Ti Kaye is for you - don't hesitate. You will not regret it. We were so sad to leave and cannot wait to return. Thank you to the Ti Kaye management and staff for the perfect vacation. Just perfect.

Room Tip: Plunge pool is worth it. Hadi is a great room with a plunge pool; Estale does not have a plunge poo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beth B
Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This place is amazing! My husband and I spent our honeymoon here in October, 2012 and it was everything we were looking for. Quiet, unbelievably relaxing, low key, beautiful, and romantic. I loved that we had our own private cottage, the outdoor shower was amazing and we just had some much privacy with our own deck to hang out on. The whole resort is so serene. The spa was amazing ( the four handed massage blew my mind). The food was great - fresh seafood everyday.

If you are looking for a quiet, romantic get a way, this is the place for you. Its a unique place - not the canned large resort feel. This is not a sandals type resort with hundreds of people battling for lounge chairs every morning and activities at every hour. If that is what you are looking for, I would look elsewhere.

I would not recommend the all inclusive package. Unless you plan on drinking a lot, it doesn't make sense. Mostly because not all drinks are included in the package. We each drank 4-5 drinks per day and didn't come close to getting our money's worth.

For what you are getting, you can't beat the price. Similar cottage style housing at other resorts were more than double.

Highly, highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Morgan B
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

My husband and I got married & spent our honeymoon at Ti Kaye in February 2013...and it was everything I had hoped for. Looking back the very small complaints I had during our stay our so minute they didn't even matter...
From the airport it was straight craziness! Lots of people trying to hustle and get you to ride back with their cab- but we had already arranged for a transfer through Ti Kaye-once we got outside we found our shuttle driver and waited for the other 2 couples that were on the same flight as us to get settled in…It was only about a 10 min wait before we were on our way…We stopped at the local grocery store- but you really don’t need to…The best bet really is to eat your meals at the resort- and they have everything you need…So my husband and I got some Pringles and Vodka and went on our way… Upon arrival we were greeted with a rum punch sat down on the most beautiful outdoor patio set up that I have ever seen- overlooking the beach- as the staff checked us in. The staff escorted us to our room- and our luggage was already there waiting for us..The rooms are just gorgeous. The porch is beautiful with a huge hammock that my husband and I loved to lounge out on and look at the stars, watch the ocean...it was just...PERFECT...the outdoor showers were AMAZING...Especially beautiful at night- you could see EVERY star in the sky, we also had the little private pool in our room...It was definitely worth it- but NOT heated!

The roads are a bit rough but that’s everywhere in St. Lucia…very windy and bumpy….bring Dramamine…I felt sick driving without it (an alcoholic beverage worked well in place of Dramamine also)…I have read some reviewers saying the road into the resort was awful and bumpy, and 20 mins long…That SUCH an exaggeration. It’s like most other St. Lucian roads…and it might FEEL long when you’re dying to get into the resort and have a drink or get to the beach OR you have been sick from all previous driving…but it’s really, really…not that bad…and maybe only 8 mins long..

Staff was amazing, polite and so friendly! They went out of their way to welcome you and help you out..Even the general manager introduced himself and was around the resort saying hello to guests. Food was AMAZING...breakfast, lunch, dinner..so good...and they catered to fit your needs...Everyone on staff made an effort to get to know us and talk with us! Other reviewers have said the service was slow- but I didn't think so...They had this DELICIOUS pumpkin soup that I fell in love with and I asked for it on the nights that it wasn't on the menu and they still brought it to me. We didn’t buy the meal plan because it includes soooo much food- and we ended up spending less than we would have if we did get the meal plan…We ate most of our meals at the resort but an appetizer, bread, entrée and dessert is just excessive and not necessary in my opinion. We loved the little beach bar- and the breakfast was Delish!
As far as the wedding aspect- Lita was equally amazing. She has answered all my questions via email before we arrived and was there every step of the way with wedding planning. I used the resort recommendations for hair and makeup, and they were equally sweet and helpful as I was getting ready for the day (especially without family). We also used the photographer the resort recommended….He was a cool guy but I was not pleased with my photos…maybe they would have been better if I wasn’t half drunk during my wedding and I could tell him what specific photos I wanted…I feel like I missed a lot of good photo opportunities…So my only advice is make sure you get what you want!
The night of our wedding we had our candlelight dinner and it was beautiful, and quiet and intimate…They ended up boxing our entire meal up for us and brining it-with desert and an extra requested bottle of champagne to our room..(They say they don’t have room service but whenever we asked for something to be brought to our room, they would) Even when I was getting ready for my wedding, the hair stylist brought me some ginger ail for my upset stomach (from driving to the lawyers office earlier that day) and champagne for when I was feeling better and ready to calm the nerves.
The spa was amazing and BEAUTIFUL..literally best view in the house, so relaxing…

We did the wine tasting and it was the best wine tasting I have ever experienced; and my husband and I have enjoyed wine tastings all over the world. Cleous was awesome and is so passionate and knowledgeable! He even went out of his way to make me a list of wines that pair with vegetarian entrees. His servings of wine were not at all stingy and we loved getting to know the other couple we met in the tasting celebrating their 50th anniversary! We all left the cellar laughing and happy! This is a must do!

We booked a tour to do the rainforest canopy thing…and this was a HUGE disappointment…everyone on our tour was 30-50 years older than my husband and I and we quickly learned why. Not worth the money, not exciting…the canopy trip itself was very short and it was a 2 hour drive just to get there.

We also tried to book the sunset cruise- but because of miscommunication by the staff we missed this- this is my only complaint..We found another couple that wanted to go with us but they told us both at separate times that there was no one else signed up (need a minimum of 4 to go) and by the time we went to the front desk together it was too late and there was no boat…but it was okay..
The second “tour” we did was completely random and self paced…We had the resort call us a cab and he literally drove us around all day and took us wherever we wanted to go…he took us to a local restaurant to see some local sights and markets, Pitons, and to the volcano/mudbath…this was so cool and so much fun! We loved this day..and he charged us like 100$ bucks to drive us around all day.
The resort was secluded but it wasn’t to the point where it was in the middle of nowhere because a cab can take you to nearby towns...Also- the steps to the beach were not that bad and we enjoyed it as our exercise during the trip!
Overall I was sad to leave Ti Kaye…I have nothing but good memories looking back- I cannot wait for our next visit!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ALO0331
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Well it's been awhile since my last contributing post but let's say this was one of the best resorts by far without you having to take out a mortgage.
My wife and I have our annual Anniversary trip and this year we went to St. Lucia, hear a lot of nice things about the island and some relatives had visited previously.
There are a number of resorts on the island but I was looking for something out of the ordinary and not overly close to other resorts or the cities. This could not have been any better than I was looking for.
I suggest you arrange with the resort to hire you a shuttle from the airport, it's less expensive than the private hires plus the drivers are so very friendly during the long hour and 20 min drive from Hewanorra IA (UVF).
The resort itself located right on the west coast of the island with only one semi paved private road to get there.
As soon as you get out of the shuttle at the main building, walk up the short flight of stairs to the office you are treated to a view of the ocean. The resort is situated on the cliff face so you are looking down upon everything.
We were directed to the lobby dining area with the view of the Western Caribbean while sipping on our first of many drinks, the local Piton Lager was very good but I preferred the Carib. After the check in process was completed we were loaded again into a resort shuttle with our luggage and driven to our cottage. Each cottage is locally named, ours was humourously named DooDoo, which at the moment I cannot remember the translation was the cottage the farthest away from the main building. When the our porter Micha opened the door it was like we were treated to that oasis you always dreamed of, French doors leading to a king bed, which faced a spectacular unobstructed view of the ocean. Walk-in closet, bathroom and a private outside shower. But what made the accommodations for me was the private plunge pool that still overlooked the ocean.
After getting settled in we were ready for our first meal which was dinner. We walked back to the dining room, passing the lush vegetation, lots of flowering plants and fruiting mango trees, and the resort pool which we never used because we had our own private one. The resort requests that guests dress up for dinner service as it is couples only resort but casual tropical dress is adequate but you do get compliments from the service staff if you do which my wife got numerous times. When you get back to your room after dinner, the service staff have completed the turn down service and your room is ready for the evening. What more can you ask for?
Now you can purchase the meal plan but it's not that much difference than just purchasing the meals as you go and besides you may not be available for some meals depending on your activities that day. What I do recommend is purchasing a stay package that includes a number of different resort amenities and activities. I had chosen the Lanmou package that included daily breakfast, the airport transfers, bottle of wine and a local fruit basket, a 50 minute massage per person, a private romantic dinner for two on the private deck with wine, a snorkel trip, travel to the Friday night fish fest in Anse La Raye and the day trip to Castries.
We had to forego the snorkel trip because my wife and I aren't that good at it and the fish fest because were leaving on the Thursday.
Since the resort is on the cliff face you need to walk down a flight of stairs, 166 to be exact to get to the beach and the beach cafe where you can have lunch. It's also where the dive shop is located if you want to get snorkel or dive equipment or kayak. Even though the beach is adjacent to the resort, there are no private beaches in St.Lucia. So during the day there are excursions from other resorts to the little stretch of Ti Kaye beach for snorkeling or lunch at the beach cafe. As a warning, going back up the 166 stairs is a lot more difficult than coming down. Rest and take your time, my wife forgot that and was exhausted by the time she reached the top.
We used our spa privileges and upgraded the 50 minute massage to a full blown spa service. what was amazing was the spa itself was located in small cottages below the main dining area but it was open faced to the ocean, meaning there were no windows just the full sized openings looking out into the Caribbean Sea. The masseuse's were Thai professionals contracted to the resort and they didn't disappoint, my wife said I fell asleep again during the session. Meaning it was a good massage.
Wednesday nights were the Manager's Cocktail party prior to dinner in the main bar, the only spot on the resort with a television. But it was never on as you got to mingle and socialize with the other resort guests, get free drinks and munch on some very good hors d'oeuvres. Afterwards, dinner is a buffet BBQ with a varied amount of food all locally grown.
There are only two caveats that I have for any visitor to this lush tropical resort is that it is a lush tropical resort, There are mosquitoes and you should be prepared to keep the mosquito repellent handy at all times. It's not needed when you go to the cities or some excursions but in and around the resort, spray or rub some on when you leave your room. Also apply sunscreen as the sun beats down on you hard here. The rain comes everyday but when it's not raining its sunny without a cloud in the sky.
We were saddened for having to leave the next day but all good things must come to an end and this truly was a exceptionally good thing. Ti Kaye we will see you again!!!

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra expense, try the Le Cottage with the pool, you will not regret it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!