“BEST Babymoon destination!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Asheville, NC
“BEST Babymoon destination!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband & I have suffered with infertility for the past several years and I always told him that if we are blessed enough to get pregnant, I wanted an amazing baby-moon! He certainly delivered that with our stay at Ti Kaye from 9/3/13-9/8/13. The cottages are absolutely gorgeous and we practically spent all of our time in the hammock or the plunge pool! This is THE place to go if you are looking to relax and enjoy the beautiful ocean/mountain views! Definitely book a treatment at the spa (with Theresa) and say hello to Nadine! All wonderful people!! If you are looking for lots to do, the Ti Kaye staff will help you to get where you want to go, however, it is difficult (as far as the road goes) to get in/out. Personally, this is just what we were looking for on a babymoon--secluded, quiet, romantic, beautiful and relaxing. This is the one place I've told my husband I definitely want to go back!!!!

Room Tip: Any of the private cottages with a plunge pool and outdoor shower!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bina H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at the resort from Aug 16 to Aug 22 to celebrate her birthday and our one year wedding anniversary. Both of us are avid travelers, and we look for locations that blend in and allow for immersion with the environment and culture of the country we are visiting. Having said that we also look for places that are small and private (i.e not being surrounded by hundreds of guests at sandals type all inclusive resorts) Ti Kaye did not disappoint in providing us with what we are looking for.

All of the cottages (I believe there are around 35 of them) offer breathtaking views of the Caribbean sea. Some of the best snorkeling on the island can be found on the beach located at the foot of the resort. Unlike some reviewers, we did not find the locals trying to sell us items annoying, in fact since they kayak in from the town just south of the resort, they often gave us great tips on where to find the best snorkeling. Since the beach is a snorkeling hotspot, you do get boatloads of tourists coming from other resorts (i.e sandals). However they mainly come in the afternoon, otherwise the beach is isolated (plus I'd rather snorkel out from the beach than travel in a packed boat and have a 1/2 hr to snorkel). In addition, you can kayak south of the resort to some smaller beaches that are completely isolated.

Having said all that what makes this resort stand out as exceptional is its staff, almost all of whom are born and raised in St. Lucia. Christian our guide on the Land and Sea excursion was extremely knowledgeable and accommodating. You can tell the pride and passion he displays when conducting the tour. We look forward to staying in touch with him. Cleus, is exactly how everyone described. I learned more about wine from him at the wine tasting than I've ever learned in my life. For my wife's birthday, I had a special private dinner planned for her, the weather was iffy so the staff decorated the wine cellar and we had a private dinner in there which was truly magical. Cleus opened a higher end champagne for us even though we ordered glasses of sparkling wine saying it was for "the special couple". The other staff that came in to take care of us all gave my wife a hug for her birthday. The housekeeping staff beautifully decorated our cottage with rose petals for when we returned from our dinner.

By the end of our stay we got to know many of the staff personally. The managers host a happy hour every Wednesday where you get to interact with staff and other guests. It is clear that both the management and staff at the resort genuinely cares about it's guests and making sure that the stay at the resort is a memorable one. Unlike other resort, mgmt. also encourages guests to travel outside the resort to experience local fish fry festivals and local restaurants. The managers even told us about an Indian restaurant that they frequented when not working on the resort

I can go on and on raving about this resort but ill leave the rest for all you to experience on your own. The only negatives that I can think of are: 1) The pool area at the main resort can be developed further. It is in a great location with a great view....if they could turn it into an infinity pool or build a swim up bar...it would allow folks to relax and swim without having to hike down to the beach. 2) This leads to the second item....if you have small children or have difficulty climbing stairs or walking this may not be the resort or you. We loved this aspect of the resort as it blends right in along the coast.....however there are over 100 stairs that you have to climb (often 2 to 3 times a day) between the beach and main resort area (and more stairs from the main resort to your cabin)

There are so many great places to stay and visit, we rarely return to the same location. However Ti Kaye made such an impression on us, we can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The cottages closer to the beach have plunge pools. We know some couples that wanted complete isolat...
4 Thank arv105
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Went here for our honeymoon and what an amazing place!
Took a while to get there and be prepared for a journey that's got lots of winding roads and a real bumpy ending. We had a taxi booked via the resort so the driver gave us a guided tour on the way.
Walk through the lobby and what a view your greeted by!!! View of the ocean.
Had the Le cottage with pool booked and the staff took us to our villa. We were in absolute astonishment at the place and the view, was like a dream come true.
Some may disagree with me on this but I felt the room needed a television.

To cut a long story short, here a list of our pro's and cons:
Pro's - amazing villa, outside shower, our plunge pool, all the staff are very very friendly and very helpful. Especially Christian (our driver), Wally (the barman) and Nadine (our waitress). Amazing honeymoon location (very remote), Wednesdays cocktail party, the cosy beach below, great choice of excursions, fridge in room came in handy to store drinks and some food, tranquil.

Cons - do now I'm not a huge animal fan but lizards roam the walls in the rooms but as we were shown its easy to get them out or you can call the desk and they'll come and sort it. If you can ignore them even better cause they eat any flies in the room.
The lack of veggie food was the biggest downside of this resort. Although credit where it's due, the head chef would make us something off menu.
Nothing near by that's within walking distance.
160 odd steps to the beach below.
Birds attacking us while eating breakfast.
As a young couple (26 and 28) we felt we stayed for too long and were struggling to find things to do but that's just us, other people may prefer that. We stayed for 9 nights and after we said 5-6 nights would have been ideal.

Overall even with the cons, I'd highly recommend a stay here! Very tranquil and peaceful place, perfect honeymoon location.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Aladhani
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

We were very impressed by everything Ti Kaye, which is "little house" in Creole. The view from almost anywhere on the property is great as its perched along a cliff. The sunsets are some of the best I've seen. The staff are very friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you are happy and comfortable.They seem to really enjoy their jobs.Their are plenty of activities if you dont feel like lounging. We did the "south tour" and really enjoyed it, our driver Andrew was very informative and friendly, taking us to some places that were off the beaten path (per our request) but if you feel like lounging the pool area and the beach are great. Overall, this is a great place to spend a vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brad S
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I'm not sure that I even have words to describe this! My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon here and it was everything we wished it would be and more! It was absolutely incredible!

The rooms and view were amazing!! SO SO private. We had the simple room that had an adjoining neighbor and we never even heard them! We finally went and introduced ourselves and then ended up hanging out at night. The outdoor shower is FABULOUS!!!!!!! The spa is out of this world. The beach is great. We went snorkeling almost everyday!! Kayaks are complimentary!

We rented a car which was fun, but you have to beware of the curvy roads, stray dogs, people etc. A cow almost ran across the road in front of us! And the entrance to Ti Kaye was a bit strenuous on the car as it is very bumpy and steep.

Only con, food is pretty expensive. But it's so delicious that it's to even call it a con. They have a managers cocktail hour with local St. Lucian food on Wednesdays and that was absolutely fantastic! The tours offered through the resorts were GREAT! We did the land and sea tour. We also did the Piton climb. It was great! But my husband and I are fit so we had no troubles. Others who weren't in good shape had a rough time.

Overall, amazing! We want to go back so bad!! Thumbs up for sure!

Room Tip: All of them were perfect. We stayed in Fifine (which means light drizzle)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rossmasl
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and I ended up at Ti Kaye on a whim for a second honeymoon. We drove ourselves from the airport to the resort which is quite a scenic (albeit curvy) drive. Our room (more like bungalow) was wonderful. French doors opened up to a gorgeous ocean view. Lovely hammock or rocking chairs to watch the sunset.

The food was wonderful. The staff was very accommodating to my husband's requests to sit under the fan. The view is fabulous.

There are a lot of steps down to the beach but there is a restaurant down there. We went down and stayed down there all day. There are hotel staff working the beach. However, the highlight for us were the beach guys. These locals spend their time selling conch shells, jewelry, etc on the beach to the resort guests and the cruise ship tour boats. We found these guys extremely helpful and friendly. One of them (hey Sylvester!) even took my husband snorkeling and opened a fresh coconut for him. We really enjoyed meeting these locals.

We can't wait to return some day to the wonderful Ti Kaye!

1 Thank LinnyB2812
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Staying at Ti Kaye was really fantastic. It is picturesque and secluded. Our ocean view room was breathtaking! The staff was very friendly and the food was very good. My husband and I did not beach a lot there, as we enjoy exploring via vehicle. However, the beach was very private even though it is a public beach (all beaches are public in St. Lucia). Many of the other resorts came by boat to the beach and to snorkel - a high recommendation! Also, kayaking was a lot of fun and complimentary! The beach dudes and locals are very nice and entertaining. Their Pina Colada was very yummy too!

At Ti Kaye, they offer some events if you are not able to drive around St. Lucia. They had an appreciation night for the guests with a lovely cocktail hour, buffet and music. You could also go to the local Fish Fry and do some other activities that they have on a calendar of events. My husband and I tended to go off the beaten path, so we picked what we wanted to do and where to eat. Our dinner we had at Ti Kaye was lovely.

My husband and I had pretty regular breakfasts there - and they were quite good. We only wished they changed the morning menu up a bit more or had a rotating menu for breakfast. Also, the birds are a bit disturbing as they jump on tables if you leave it with food on them - but you have to remember, we are in their territory :)

Also, since my husband and I drove around so much, we were able to see other resorts that were close the the bigger towns and I have to tell you that we both felt very lucky to have stayed at Ti Kaye. We felt really safe, had amazing views, a beautiful room and privacy. And yes, the 1 mile road is bad going to the resort, but it adds to the character and laughs! I highly recommend this resort and we really had a wonderful time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anse Cochon
#5 of 11 in Soufriere
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,130 reviews
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!