“Just Perfect!”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We just got back from Ti Kaye a few days ago. It was a fantastic experience! The service is impeccable, location is to be envied, and the private cottages give a real authentic experience with plenty of luxury. They truly have thought of everything. From the cabana placement on the beach to the rocking chairs with footstools on your own private deck. Not to mention the 2 person hammock overlooking the most gorgeous view of the Carribean sea from the comfort of your own deck. We also loved the outdoor shower. So unique and refreshing!The only negative about the room is that the bed is very firm, I had a hard time sleeping.

The food was excellent too! Although looking back we would have NOT purchased the meal plan and would have just eaten free style. They don't tell you but there are supplemental charges to certain items on the menu even with the plan, so the extra money you think you're going to save is not going to happen at all. Nevertheless, the dining room is the most romantic, intimate setting under the stars I've ever seen. All of the servers are friendly and personable in the most warm and sincere way.

We did the Piton climb and the rainforest that we were able to book right through the hotel. Both were fun and we also enjoyed taking the free kayak around to the other bays nearby. Snorkeling was pretty cool. Lots of colorful reef and fish right in your own bay. Even Sandals boats were coming over to Ti Kayes bay on snorkel and dive trips. However, I do wish they kept the snorkeling gear in a more sanitary condition. The only negatives about the beach is that the blackish brown sand is scorching hot during the day. But that's not something the resort can help bc it's due to the volcanic nature of the island. We just started wearing our flips everywhere. One other thing we didn't enjoy too much was being approached by the "vendors" on the beach, but every beach has them and we did end up buying a few pretty necklaces and such. There is round the clock security.

All in all we love Ti Kaye and the people. Would absolutely return and I don't think any other carribean resort is going to live up to it. If you choose Ti Kaye be prepared to be waited on hand and foot. It took us a few days to get used to that. One other tip is that even though the activities are really cool and there is so much to do on the island make sure you take plenty of time just to relax and just soak it all in.

Room Tip: Getting your own private cottage is worth the extra bit of money.
3  Thank sharon b
Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed 29 September 2013

No matter how hard I tried, I could never describe the amazing experience we had at Ti Kaye. We searched all over the world on the Internet for a place to get married and to honeymoon, and nothing stood out to us like Ti Kaye because it had everything we desired--a resort with privacy, away from tourist attractions, and a real authentic St. Lucia "vibe." We are not "Sandals" people. We wanted to experience the island on our own terms in our own car, with no limitations.
What we got was WAY beyond what we had hoped for. It was the BEST possible decision we could have made.
The bungalow perched atop the cliff afforded us all the privacy we desired. The food was extremely good and presented like other 5-star restaurants at which we've eaten. The spa was the best I've EVER experienced--and I've had a lot of massages. It was the most relaxed I've ever been.
And then there was the wedding. No hassles. No drama. No worries. It was perfect. And we only spent 10 minutes planning it with Lita. We were treated like royalty by the staff. Their attention to every detail was meticulous.
This is not a budget vacation, so if you're looking to save pennies, this is not for you. You WILL, however, get what you pay for here. Ti Kaye is the best. Expect that.
Treat yourself to the wine tasting with Cleis, and take advantage of his exceptional knowledge of wines, while enjoying the personal touch he gives each tasting. You should also stop by the dive shop to learn about area snorkeling and diving. And by the way, the very BEST snorkeling in all of St. Lucia is in front of Ti Kaye. All the other resorts' boats go to Ti Kaye to snorkel, which I didn't care for. The only other thing we didn't care for was the "vendors" on the beach. They were nice and respectful, though, and left us alone after we declined a purchase. The "vendors," however, are everywhere on the island, so there is no escaping them.
One suggestion we have is to rent a car. Otherwise, you will stay on the resort property (which is great), unless you use taxis or the shuttle. Depending upon where you wanted to go, it could cost quite a bit, and you may get tied into return times.
Ti Kaye comes with our highest recommendation! And we are not easy to please. Anyone who wouldn't find this place amazing is actually looking for a "Sandals" experience with lots of noise and hoopla. We had peace and quiet and flowers and amazing sunsets instead.
If I had all the time and space in the world to write about how wonderful this place was, I could not begin to do it justice. And I am a writer.
And we shall return!

Room Tip: Do Not choose the Nich Bungalow! It is ours! LOL
2  Thank Thomas G
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband & I have suffered with infertility for the past several years and I always told him that if we are blessed enough to get pregnant, I wanted an amazing baby-moon! He certainly delivered that with our stay at Ti Kaye from 9/3/13-9/8/13. The cottages are absolutely gorgeous and we practically spent all of our time in the hammock or the plunge pool! This is THE place to go if you are looking to relax and enjoy the beautiful ocean/mountain views! Definitely book a treatment at the spa (with Theresa) and say hello to Nadine! All wonderful people!! If you are looking for lots to do, the Ti Kaye staff will help you to get where you want to go, however, it is difficult (as far as the road goes) to get in/out. Personally, this is just what we were looking for on a babymoon--secluded, quiet, romantic, beautiful and relaxing. This is the one place I've told my husband I definitely want to go back!!!!

Room Tip: Any of the private cottages with a plunge pool and outdoor shower!
3  Thank Bina H
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at the resort from Aug 16 to Aug 22 to celebrate her birthday and our one year wedding anniversary. Both of us are avid travelers, and we look for locations that blend in and allow for immersion with the environment and culture of the country we are visiting. Having said that we also look for places that are small and private (i.e not being surrounded by hundreds of guests at sandals type all inclusive resorts) Ti Kaye did not disappoint in providing us with what we are looking for.

All of the cottages (I believe there are around 35 of them) offer breathtaking views of the Caribbean sea. Some of the best snorkeling on the island can be found on the beach located at the foot of the resort. Unlike some reviewers, we did not find the locals trying to sell us items annoying, in fact since they kayak in from the town just south of the resort, they often gave us great tips on where to find the best snorkeling. Since the beach is a snorkeling hotspot, you do get boatloads of tourists coming from other resorts (i.e sandals). However they mainly come in the afternoon, otherwise the beach is isolated (plus I'd rather snorkel out from the beach than travel in a packed boat and have a 1/2 hr to snorkel). In addition, you can kayak south of the resort to some smaller beaches that are completely isolated.

Having said all that what makes this resort stand out as exceptional is its staff, almost all of whom are born and raised in St. Lucia. Christian our guide on the Land and Sea excursion was extremely knowledgeable and accommodating. You can tell the pride and passion he displays when conducting the tour. We look forward to staying in touch with him. Cleus, is exactly how everyone described. I learned more about wine from him at the wine tasting than I've ever learned in my life. For my wife's birthday, I had a special private dinner planned for her, the weather was iffy so the staff decorated the wine cellar and we had a private dinner in there which was truly magical. Cleus opened a higher end champagne for us even though we ordered glasses of sparkling wine saying it was for "the special couple". The other staff that came in to take care of us all gave my wife a hug for her birthday. The housekeeping staff beautifully decorated our cottage with rose petals for when we returned from our dinner.

By the end of our stay we got to know many of the staff personally. The managers host a happy hour every Wednesday where you get to interact with staff and other guests. It is clear that both the management and staff at the resort genuinely cares about it's guests and making sure that the stay at the resort is a memorable one. Unlike other resort, mgmt. also encourages guests to travel outside the resort to experience local fish fry festivals and local restaurants. The managers even told us about an Indian restaurant that they frequented when not working on the resort

I can go on and on raving about this resort but ill leave the rest for all you to experience on your own. The only negatives that I can think of are: 1) The pool area at the main resort can be developed further. It is in a great location with a great view....if they could turn it into an infinity pool or build a swim up bar...it would allow folks to relax and swim without having to hike down to the beach. 2) This leads to the second item....if you have small children or have difficulty climbing stairs or walking this may not be the resort or you. We loved this aspect of the resort as it blends right in along the coast.....however there are over 100 stairs that you have to climb (often 2 to 3 times a day) between the beach and main resort area (and more stairs from the main resort to your cabin)

There are so many great places to stay and visit, we rarely return to the same location. However Ti Kaye made such an impression on us, we can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The cottages closer to the beach have plunge pools. We know some couples that wanted complete isolat...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank arv105
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Went here for our honeymoon and what an amazing place!
Took a while to get there and be prepared for a journey that's got lots of winding roads and a real bumpy ending. We had a taxi booked via the resort so the driver gave us a guided tour on the way.
Walk through the lobby and what a view your greeted by!!! View of the ocean.
Had the Le cottage with pool booked and the staff took us to our villa. We were in absolute astonishment at the place and the view, was like a dream come true.
Some may disagree with me on this but I felt the room needed a television.

To cut a long story short, here a list of our pro's and cons:
Pro's - amazing villa, outside shower, our plunge pool, all the staff are very very friendly and very helpful. Especially Christian (our driver), Wally (the barman) and Nadine (our waitress). Amazing honeymoon location (very remote), Wednesdays cocktail party, the cosy beach below, great choice of excursions, fridge in room came in handy to store drinks and some food, tranquil.

Cons - do now I'm not a huge animal fan but lizards roam the walls in the rooms but as we were shown its easy to get them out or you can call the desk and they'll come and sort it. If you can ignore them even better cause they eat any flies in the room.
The lack of veggie food was the biggest downside of this resort. Although credit where it's due, the head chef would make us something off menu.
Nothing near by that's within walking distance.
160 odd steps to the beach below.
Birds attacking us while eating breakfast.
As a young couple (26 and 28) we felt we stayed for too long and were struggling to find things to do but that's just us, other people may prefer that. We stayed for 9 nights and after we said 5-6 nights would have been ideal.

Overall even with the cons, I'd highly recommend a stay here! Very tranquil and peaceful place, perfect honeymoon location.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Aladhani
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We were very impressed by everything Ti Kaye, which is "little house" in Creole. The view from almost anywhere on the property is great as its perched along a cliff. The sunsets are some of the best I've seen. The staff are very friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you are happy and comfortable.They seem to really enjoy their jobs.Their are plenty of activities if you dont feel like lounging. We did the "south tour" and really enjoyed it, our driver Andrew was very informative and friendly, taking us to some places that were off the beaten path (per our request) but if you feel like lounging the pool area and the beach are great. Overall, this is a great place to spend a vacation.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brad S
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I'm not sure that I even have words to describe this! My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon here and it was everything we wished it would be and more! It was absolutely incredible!

The rooms and view were amazing!! SO SO private. We had the simple room that had an adjoining neighbor and we never even heard them! We finally went and introduced ourselves and then ended up hanging out at night. The outdoor shower is FABULOUS!!!!!!! The spa is out of this world. The beach is great. We went snorkeling almost everyday!! Kayaks are complimentary!

We rented a car which was fun, but you have to beware of the curvy roads, stray dogs, people etc. A cow almost ran across the road in front of us! And the entrance to Ti Kaye was a bit strenuous on the car as it is very bumpy and steep.

Only con, food is pretty expensive. But it's so delicious that it's to even call it a con. They have a managers cocktail hour with local St. Lucian food on Wednesdays and that was absolutely fantastic! The tours offered through the resorts were GREAT! We did the land and sea tour. We also did the Piton climb. It was great! But my husband and I are fit so we had no troubles. Others who weren't in good shape had a rough time.

Overall, amazing! We want to go back so bad!! Thumbs up for sure!

Room Tip: All of them were perfect. We stayed in Fifine (which means light drizzle)
2  Thank rossmasl
Anse Chastanet
#5 of 11 in Soufriere
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!