“Serenity”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Land O Lakes, Florida
“Serenity”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The place should be called "Serenity". It's remote, quiet, and beautiful. It was a week to be remembered fondly (with the help of about 400 photos). Our cottage was among the highest on the side of the hill which afforded a vista second to none. Somewhat daunting, however, were the 51 steps necessary to get there, especially since neither of us is a spring chicken. We grew accustomed to it and would not have traded the location. I must mention, as have so many others, that the staff is superb, single-minded in their desire to please. Also, I must mention Christian, the Transportation Manager, with whom we were so fortunate to have as our driver on all occasions, including the land and sea tour (which you must take -- great). To sum it up, Christian is a gem (give him a raise, for heaven's sake). Our St. Lucia experience could not have been better. Go there!

Room Tip: I don't know about the others, but if you get KK or similar, high up on the hill, you will not b...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Visited Ti Kaye on Nov 3rd, 2013 for the day: The drive to any respectable resort on the majority of Caribbean Islands is similar to dirt road tracking events... DO NOT let that deter you from staying here, or if not that at least visiting the beach, the restaurants or the spa for one day. For my friend and I, the reason was the spa. Looking for a reasonable massage along with a nice beach to enjoy afterwards, we decided on Ti Kaye. It turned out to be one of the best decisions and experiences during our St Lucia trip. What a great group of people managing the property and serving their guests. Upon our arrival, by chance, we ran into the Hotel GM Chris (interesting facts abt the region and resort), who kindly took us to the Spa. As you enter the little bungalow style set-up, you don't expect the awe inspiring initial view as you walk in after you are greeted. The rooms are spacious with open windows looking out to the Anse Cochon beach and the hills, which you get to watch thru your treatment from the little mirrors under your headrest! Any picture or description would do injustice; you have to see this yourself and feel the comforting breeze! One amazing foot treatment and a 1.5hr long massage later, we were ready to let go of all our stresses and plans, and just to enjoy the day! Lu-Anne and Yvonne, the two very kind ladies who worked on us, are God-sent- both with their hands and intuition when to speak to comfort you and when to let you enjoy your treatment. We then enjoyed a nice lunch down at the beach restaurant. Nice seafood salad and fish burgers (pass the icecream) and spent the day at the beach. We were staying at Marigot but the day at Ti Kaye was definitely one to remember! A great experience at the spa, hotel and the beach. Do not miss!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Queensland, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2013

As some of the previous reviews have stated, the resort is for relaxing! There are only 33 rooms in the resort . They are little bugalows set on the lower edge of the mountain.....overlooking the water. I read reviews and had some concerns making our reservations. Staff was wonderful,warm, caring and very helpful. In some resorts, some of the staff hover around you asking if you want anything every minute . I don't care for this. The staff here is laid back, but we never went without anything.

Mosquitoes were not a problem. We saw 4 the whole time we were there. Birds were plentyful. But where some people found this a problem , I found this very enjoyable! after about 10 mins I had them eating out of my hand from our porch.

Beach vendors. We had about 5. I even know their names Ivan, Alvin, Rainbow , Liquid Sunshine and another fellow that I just can't remember his name. These guys were nothing but nice and polite. Since my wife and I went to the beach right after breakfast , we saw these guys from about 8:30 am to 11:30 am . After their initial statement of what they sold that was it, other than good mornig. We were at the resort for 6 days. I dont know if someone spoke to them and there may have been more vendors , but when we were there that was it. And folks they are just trying to make a living!

Management being to talkative! We were at the resort for 3 days before we met any! Sarah and Chris are the managers.. Sarah is very pleasant , but we talked only 2 times and they were short. One of those times was at the bar during a get together for some of the dept managers to meet the guests. Chris was plesant but over all quiet . I had no problem with either manager.

Food was great ! We ate lunch at the beach resturant. we had several things , but loved the Jumbo Fried Shrimp! it brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Miss
Pam , one of the cooks is a wonderful lady and a joy to talk to.We always had enough to eat . As for the price , I think it was $17each, but we were on the all inclusive package so we didnt look at that. But on a note , when we got back into Jax, Fla. at 12am trying to fine somewhere to eat we paid $17+ for 2 double cheese burgers , ice tea and fries,and that was from McDonalds. Dinner was always great and sevice was fine. The wine tasting was fantastic, period!!!Cleus is a wealth of information on wine . my wife and I love wine so we loved it! He is a little bossy about the cheese pairing >>>LOL
SPA..wife went to the spa and just loved it. The only excursion we did was the helicopter from the airport to Castries, then had Trevor, the taxi driver take us to TI-KAYE. The helicopter ride was about 15 minutes long , but we enjoyed it a lot. The pilot was very informative. The only negative with the resort, which i discussed with Chris one of the managers, was the all inclusive package. There are several packages available. There is an all inclusive that doesn't include the service fee and vat tax and the one we had included all of these. Also the staff has no idea what package you are on, unless you tell them. This causes a problem if you dont tell them because they bring you a bill with a total on it and they have to take back and rering to get you back to ZERO. Any mistakes on our bill was quickly resolved by the office crew...they were very friendly and very courteous.
That is the only reason why they didnt get a perfect score from me.. I still can remember most of all the staffs names as they did ours and i would not hesitate to go back tomorrow! Another Rum Punch Please!
one more thing ! The 166 steps down to the beach, would be a problem if you are handicapped or you are very old with knee problems or breathing problems . I am in my 60s and as long as you take it slow you will be ok.......

Room Tip: We stayed in the SOULOJMON bungalo, very close to the pool and resturant, but doesn't feel or so...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank THEBigGator
South Park, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the day snorkeling at the beach. Although they charged $10/person, we were given a voucher for Lunch. We shared a meal, parked in a secure setting and spent the day at the beach for $20. It was interesting watching the fishermen bring in the nets and the snorkeling was excellent.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michele M
Reviewed 4 November 2013

my wife and i spent or honeymoon here,5 amazing nights. If u want to relax,enjoy the quiet moments surrounded by nature this is the place. Amazing cottages,fine dining and the view is to die for. You wont want to leave. The staff are all so helpful we felt at home instantly. We cant wait to go back. The hotel is right on the edge of the mountain overlooking the beach. Totally breathtaking. Oh and look out for the birds during breakfast,the cute little guys always wanted to join us! All in all it was an amazing experience.

• Stayed September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I just came home from our honeymoon trip at Ti Kaye. We stayed for ten days and had an absolutely wonderful trip with the exception of a few minor, although annoying disappointments.

First of all, our accommodations were spectacular. We stayed in one of the Le Cottages with a pool and would not have had it any other way! The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the outdoor shower was quite a pleasant experience due to the beautiful floral and fauna that are planted within. We were not at all bothered by the rustic appeal of the location (we actually loved the lizards and birds that would occasionally make their way into our room). This resort does have doors to close up for the night unlike many other, more luxurious resorts that we checked out in the area. We were also very thankful for the AC in room as it could get very hot some days.

As for our disappointments, the biggest issue we had involved food. The addition of room service would make this a five star location. Although you can order a cheese plate, chips, and fruit for your room (which you have to do by 11:00 each day) we would have been much happier if we had the ability to order a meal to be brought to our room or picked up during set operating hours. Instead, we found ourselves balancing our day around when the restaurants were open. Since there are gaps in the day, it made for some hungry hours if we happened to sleep in or be out on an excursion. And since there are no other restaurants or markets in the near vicinity(which really is a plus), the convenience of having room service would make a big difference.

Our next complaint is one I've heard quite a bit about in these reviews- the beach vendors. My husband and I were looking for a quiet, relaxing vacation with no social obligations which is why we went to Ti Kaye instead of a Sandals type resort. Ultimately, we just wanted to be left alone and socialize when we wanted to. Unfortunately, the vendors on the beach made our relaxing vacation goal very difficult. They would hound us persistently, no matter how often we politely told them we weren't interested. When my husband went off to snorkel, I tried to get some shut eye on a lounge chair and instead had a vendor wake me up to ask me when my husband would be back so he could sell me necklaces upon his return. We were even hounded in the water while swimming and were followed while kayaking around the reef. I was so uncomfortable down the beach that we only went down a few times and wouldn't stay for very long once there.

Finally, our last complaint involves one of the managers of the resort. At home, I am an owner of a restaurant. One of my biggest jobs is to make sure that my guests are enjoying themselves while not bothering them during their meal. Typically, I will do a quick check in and then leave them be unless they are looking for more chit chat. One of the managers of this resort did not seem to understand this courtesy. Everyday he would come to our table and chat with us for longer than my husband and I would have liked regardless of whether or not we just received our food, our mouths were full, etc. His chat was awkward and forced and made both my husband and I feel uncomfortable- he would make comments on our dress, the food we ordered, the way we made up our coffee, etc. It got to the point that we would see him coming each morning and would try to go up to get more juice before he could bother us again. Luckily, we were not alone in this sentiment. Many others couples shared their discomfort with his manner and found themselves trying to duck him whenever he made his way over- almost like a game. He seems like a pleasant individual but he just did not pick up on social cues. Especially in a place where many people are on their honeymoon, it would be nice to give them their space.

I feel that it is important to note that the staff of the resort was SPECTACULAR! They were accommodating without being in your face and helped us to make the most of our honeymoon. We especially loved the gardener who answered many of our questions regarding the beautiful flowers around property and the driver who took us to and from the airport.

We would definitely recommend Ti Kaye to anyone looking for a quiet, romantic retreat!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank M L
Severn, MD
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had our wedding and honeymoon at Ti Kaye and regret absolutely nothing!

Now, a bit of caution--this resort is only for those looking for a specific type of resort, ie, intimate, scenic, romantic, rustic, and adventuresome. If you are looking for a large, posh, spotless, European-style resort, then you probably wouldn't like this location. Ti Kaye is PERFECT for what it is, but not perfect for everyone.

When we were looking for a honeymoon location, my job was to narrow it down from "somewhere in the Caribbean" to three locations, which my fiance would pick from. It happened that the three locations were all on St. Lucia: Ladera, Stonefield Resort, and Ti Kaye. My fiance ended up picking Ti Kaye, and we couldn't have been happier--especially when we decided to make it a destination wedding!

Moving along...the people of St. Lucia are super nice and accommodating, the scenery is breathtaking, the weather, even in the rainiest month, was pretty decent, the snorkeling was excellent, and the food was great.

As for Ti Kaye:

The location: Hard to get to (on purpose), but very rewarding. It's a bit isolated, so I would recommend renting a car, if you want to go other places, but it is perfect if you just want to relax and enjoy a vacation. The cliff-side locale requires hilly walking and a LOT of steps, so it helps to be in decent shape. If not, they do shuttle people down to the beach for free, and some of the bungalows are very near the office/restaurant/pool area.

The staff: EXCELLENT--very friendly and accommodating. Without counting, I would guess that the staff:guest ratio was 3:1, and if it wasn't, it sure seemed that way! It got to the point where we wondered how they could afford to keep all of the staff payed! You never had to wait for anything, ever. Our room was cleaned 2 or 3 times daily. I learned early on that all I had to do was ask for something, and it was done, no hassle whatsoever.

The rooms: We got the cottage with the pool. In hindsight, we didn't use the pool all that much, so we would have gotten just an oceanview room, but the room was great, the outdoor shower was awesome, the bed was king sized and very comfortable, the AC worked perfectly, the hammock was large and comfortable, we had a fridge, there are 110V US power plugs, and an iron/board. It had all of the necessities, but open the doors/shutters and you feel as though you are in a completely open room. Many decks offer complete privacy--truly an intimate, romantic getaway.

The food: There are two restaurants and one bare at Ti Kaye. The main restaurant is a formal affair for breakfast and dinner (reservations encouraged), and there is a restaurant down by the beach/diveshop for lunch. All restaurants require proper attire, and pants/collared shirt are encouraged for dinner. All food/drinks are very reasonably priced, for large dinner including salad, appetizer, entree (prime rib, mahi or similar), and dessert, you will pay about $50 or so. Breakfast is $15, and lunch is $15-25, depending on what you get. Most of the drinks are $5-8, and are 2 for 1 during happy hour. The menu changes daily, and there's always a fish, meat, chicken, and vegetarian option for every meal--some of our guests even had hilal. For those worried that there are no other food options, I wouldn't--on the way to Ti Kaye, we had our driver stop at a grocery store and picked up some basics for food. Apart from snacks, we didn't need our food as the menus (and dinner activities) were so varied and the chef was so good!

The beach: Great beach! Though it is technically public, for all intents and purposes, it is "Ti Kaye's" beach. They have staff down there to get you towels and water and gear (snorkel gear and kayaks), and tell the few vendors to go away if they get annoying (they were nice :) ). There are very nice loungers with umbrellas/canopies and tables, and snorkeling can be done right from the beach. The water is warm, calm, and a deep blue. On Wednesdays and Thursdays, the area can get a bit crowded with the cruise ship tours which bring their passengers to the bay/beach, but on those days, we just took a kayak to other beaches where we were alone.

Spa: My wife had a facial and a deep tissue massage. From my perspective, they were both very reasonably priced. From her perspective, she claimed she had not experienced such bliss! She said they were the best spa treatments she ever received! On top of that, all of the spa rooms have one wall of glass overlooking the bay--just beautiful!

Snorkeling: Excellent! We were told by more than one taxi driver that the snorkeling at Ti Kaye was one of the two best spots on the island! Very diverse fish life with a good amount of coral, rock crevices and caves. We also saw octopi, starfish, lionfish, sea snakes, eel, and urchins, of course. No turtles or shark, though. The reef, though large and prevalent, is in decline--my best guess is that they kill every shark that is spotted (something which was told to us by many locals), allowing for coral harming fish to prosper. Eventually, with the cruise lines bringing so many snorkelers, I imagine that they will inflict their own damage on the reef as well.

Critters: In the room, they were fine, as long as you kept the nets down on the bed (mosquitoes), and did not let food sit (ants). There are bats at night, and lizards and geckos that do their best to keep the insect population down. Frogs make a good racket at night, but don't come inside. My only annoyance was sitting outside in the evening--I'm one of those people who taste delicious to all blood-sucking insects, so I began to wear pants/socks and not remain idle too long in the evening.

Wedding: We had our wedding on the Ti Kaye beach during sunset, and our reception in the dining room. Everything was executed perfectly! They offer two packages (both VERY reasonably priced), a wedding package, and a renewal of vows package. Each includes the cake, champagne, minister, setup, tableware and a bunch more I can't remember off the top of my head. Our initial reception location was open-aired, but it rained so they moved everything into the dining room, and even with that, there was no delay. We couldn't have had a better wedding--I don't know how many people can say that, but everything went PERFECT!

Well, that about sums it up for me. Again, for the sort of resort they are, I couldn't recommend them higher!

Josh

#6 of 11 in Soufriere
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!