“Couldn't have asked for better”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Arlington, Virginia
“Couldn't have asked for better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

My wife and I were down last week, le cottage with pool, and had a fantastic vacation. I won't repeat what is said by most others, but for us the highlights were:
-Morning coffee from the French press looking out over the water, birds everywhere and (thanks to the scattered showers) a rainbow each day;
-The stairs to the beach and walk from the room were very nice. Challenging, but not as bad as they sound and a great way to get a little exercise in a place seemingly designed to just relax;
-The wine tasting with Cleus was fantastic. Eat before: they don't stint on the samples!
-The food was very good (though breakfast did get a bit repetitive, as some have said). No complaints, and one evening the chef managed a meal that I'll remember the rest of my life. We did a meal plan since we didn't expect to leave the resort, but probably wouldn't next time.

Overall I can't recommend Ti Kaye strongly enough for those who just want to get away from it all for a while. We're already trying to figure out plans to return next year.

Room Tip: DD was at the end of the property, quiet and isolated, perfect for us since we kept the windows open...
1 Thank wittingm
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Hello wittingm,

Thanks for your great review. You were quite lucky with the rainbow every day ... at that time of year we normally only get 1 or 2 a week :-) Thanks also for taking the time to highlight your highlights!. We've changed the continental breakfast that's included in the room rates slightly by the way so hopefully when you return you'll enjoy it more!

Hope to see you again soon,

General Managers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Every detail was already thought of at the Ti Kaye resort. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed and instantly forced to relax.

The highlight of our stay and even our 7 day trip was the Kai Koko Spa.

The spa manager, Yvonne, spoke to us on our 1st night of arrival. She was so personable and genuine we just had to take her up on her recommendation to try The Kia Koko signature massage. This treatment has been exclusively created by the Kai Koko which combines 4 unique treatments designed to release tension, reenergize you and improve your health. This was the best decision of our trip! Teresa was absolutely fabulous. She welcomed us and made us feel so comfortable. Teresa absolutely set the tone for the next couple of hours of pure relaxation. The warm stones were our absolute favorite. I do not know why they even play music… You can hear the waves on the rocks below, the birds signing, trees rustling, with the soft buzz of the dive boats humming in and out of the cove… They should record their own spa music!
Scheduling a treatment or two is an absolute must when staying at Ti Kaye!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Batalie708
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Hi Batalie708,

We knew we had a great Spa – but to title your review after it means it must have made a big impact!

Yvonne and her team are ecstatic. Sarah and I also appreciate you highlighting the Kai Koko Spa as it does get a mention every now and again – but is so good it deserves more!

When you next feel the need to be ‘forced’ to relax….

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This is a beautiful resort with very friendly staff. We loved the open-air feel of the place, being close to nature and the facilities were very good. There was a long steep stairway to the beach so no use if you have mobility problems but most couples were young. It's a very romantic place.
The restaurant was good but the breakfast menu did not vary so might get a bit boring if you were there for long. We enjoyed happy hour in the beautiful bar which gave us a chance to socialise.

2 Thank Margaret13Scotland
Hello Margaret13Scotland (I wonder where you are from)?!

We appreciate your time in writing this review. You’ll be happy to read that we have revised our (now included in the room rate) continental breakfast. There is a much greater variety so when you return hopefully it won’t seem so boring.

Maybe we’ll see you again for more socializing in our ‘beautiful bar’?

Saskatoon, SK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We looked forward to our honeymoon at Ti Kaye for months, having booked back in March. In the end, we certainly felt it lived up to our expectations!

Ti Kaye is definitely remote - the drive from UVF is around 90 minutes long, on very twisty and hilly roads. The last mile is on the dirt road leading into the resort - and the road is pretty rough. It takes about ten minutes to drive the last mile because the road is so bumpy and uneven. We didn't mind it, but tried not to take it more than necessary.

Our stay was in a le cottage with pool, and we would absolutely recommend this for others on a honeymoon or anniversary trip. The outdoor shower was fantastic - sometimes a little chilly early in the morning if it was raining, but really - showering outside in the rain? Amazing.

The bed was huge - very firm (hard), but we expect this in the Caribbean, after our trips to Mexico. I asked for an extra blanket early on, as my husband liked to sleep with the air conditioning on, and they seemed a little unsure. An extra sheet was brought to our room instead. I asked again the next day (left a note for housekeeping, with an explanation) and this time got a blanket. Our mosquito netting had a hole in it, but we weren't really sure we needed it anyhow since we kept our windows shut most of the time. The room was very clean, with a few tropical visitors (I think they were centipedes? We had lots of them. One night we had a cockroach which scared me - my first time seeing one - but that was only once, and we laughed at it.)

After speaking with another traveler, we chose not to purchase any sort of meal plan and were happy with our decision. The meal plan is great if you know you will be eating all of your meals at the resort, and you are big eaters - but we tended to skip some and didn't want to feel obliged to eat because of the plan. Also, we noticed surcharges on the menu for a lot of the more expensive meals, if you are on a plan. There is also a mini bar list, for items you would like delivered to your room. This was a little hit and miss for us. One day, we received a call asking if we still wanted the items requested (we said yes, and they eventually made their way to us several hours after the expected time). Another time, we didn't receive a few items at all, but discovered on check out we had been billed for them (about $10-$15 worth). We explained the situation to the front reception and they removed the charge.

The beach is beautiful, and yes - there are 166 stairs leading down (and then up again). It is tough! We challenged ourselves to take them at least once a day, and by the end could almost run the whole way up. My legs were happy for the exercise - on such a relaxing vacation, a little challenge was nice. The beach restaurant makes some great lunch food as well - we loved the quesadilla in particular - and their drinks are delish. We didn't find the vendors on the beach difficult - they are mostly selling to the boats that come by from other resorts, and will strike up a chat with you once or twice then leave you alone. The water is beautiful and there are tons of sun beds.

We did try several of the excursions offered, as well as the spa, and were overall happy with them. At the spa, Theresa is wonderful - I had both a Kai Koko massage and a coconut body scrub/wrap with her.

The Land and Sea tour is excellent - a must-do if you want to see more of St. Lucia. If Christian is leading it, you're in for a treat. He is so well-versed in interesting facts and knowledge about the island. We adored him.

We also tried whale watching (didn't see anything but it was a great boat trip on a beautiful day!); the Castries trip (probably not a great idea unless you intend to shop - we didn't read the info carefully since it states it is a shopping trip!); Gros Piton climb (my husband only - he had a great time); and wine tasting (Cleus will amaze you with his knowledge!).

The only disappointing tour was the ATV tour my husband went on. It is quite expensive - the most of any single activity I think, at $180pp. The time on the ATV was short in comparison, at just an hour, and the rest of the time (around 2 or 3 hours) is spent driving to/from the location. He felt a little shortchanged on this one, expecting a lot more. He also found the tour operators pushy - offering snacks and then telling him what to have before he had made a decision. I know Ti Kaye doesn't run this tour, but think it is important they know we were unhappy since I am sure they want to offer experiences to their guests which are well-reviewed. I tried to have my husband express his frustration to the hotel directly before we left, but he felt there was no point as the money had been spent already.

In the end it was a fantastic trip filled with relaxation and amazing Ti Kaye service. The staff will work hard to learn your name and greet you each day by it. We had several staff members seek us out at the end to say goodbye as well, which was so nice. The service and the location truly make this a little slice of paradise, and we were so sad to leave. Thank you for a wonderful honeymoon!

Room Tip: We stayed in Lammou, at the other end of the resort from the reception area. While Niche is at the v...
5 Thank Yaena
Hello Yaena,

Thanks for your great review – especially as you are an avid TripAdvisor reviewer!

It seems our outdoor showers are very popular (99% thumbs up I think)! Nothing has changed there but since you stayed we have refurbished the Le Cottage with Pool rooms – no need for an extra blanket now as they come with a duvet ... and new pillows, and 300 thread count cotton linen, and new furniture, and a more energy efficient mini-fridge, and bedside lamps (and we are thoroughly checking all mosquito nets and replacing where necessary – thanks for mentioning that).

I agree on your choice of the full board meal plan, if you won’t be eating with us all the time it doesn’t make sense. We do have a half board option (and the opposite of an All Inclusive if you decide to spent all your time chilling out with us)! We will be evaluating the meal plan prices as the supplements have come up a couple of times now. We have also changed out mini-bar process so they’ll be no issues when you return (guest feedback always helps us improve).

Running up the stairs from the beach – wow, that’s some going!

Happy you enjoyed your tours (and wine tasting), except the ATV tour. We will be addressing this directly with them. Again, great feedback – but like you I wish your husband would have mentioned it to me whilst you were still here.

Great to read that in summary ‘it was a fantastic trip filled with relaxation and amazing Ti Kaye service’, we’ll all be delighted if that’s what we’re known for.

No need to be sad – because we look forward to seeing you for an anniversary!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Getting here takes a long time but is well worth it. Spectacular views, accommodating staff, plenty of island excursions, and the best dive personnel on St. Lucia. If you dive, you simply must stay here. Service overall was personalized and attentive. There were evening activities that encouraged us to meet others staying here. These activities were not lame or forced - we enjoyed the variety; but, there's nothing wrong with wanting to keep to yourself and relax on vacation, which you can easily do here just as well.

2 Thank KDS1981
Hi KDS1981,

We appreciate your concise review. I think you covered all the bases (and our Island Divers crew really appreciates your comments - they think so too)!

We hope to see you again,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at TiKaye 11/18-11/25 immediately following our wedding and honestly I was looking forward to it more than the wedding! (actually our wedding was pretty awesome) I'd read every review and looked at literally all of the photos on my lunch breaks. Once we got there, I felt like I has stepped into those pictures. I had done my research and requested Mele or Niche- the 2 supposedly best cottages with pool. We got Mele and it was perfect. I could live with a porch like that! The pool was a little chilly- it's prob much more comfortable during hotter times of the year. Loved the outdoor showers and how they opened onto the pool. We had little trouble with the birds or Mosquitos. The birds were only little finches that added to the charm of the place. I wish I'd had thought to bring big spray so I didn't have to pay for it there. On that note-Make sure you have ALL toiletries/ convenience items you think you'll use- it stinks having to pay double/ more for it there!
The resort staff was so genuine, polite and happy!! We did not encounter one single person who was anything but enthusiastic to help us have a good time!! I always remember them saying" you're most welcome" after every thank you( and I said it a lot!). Tanika in the front was super helpful, so were all the restaurant staff(sorry I don't remember names)We loved watching them dance to the great band at the mid-week Buffett! Ronald remembered my husband and I every time and Cleus was everything they say about him and more!!! We even watched a documentary on sommeliers when we got home because of him! The beach is perfect- I actually liked all the steps and the cabanas were comfy- I felt so spoiled lying there with a rum punch. You must kayak once and take the snorkeling excursion! The land and sea tour is a good overview of Soufriere and Christian is a superb guide. I would also recommend stopping at a grocery store on the way in and getting some lunch fixings as the beach bar bills would later make me cringe. The food was really good( the burger, fish sandwich, roti were so yummy) I knew food was going to be expensive I just wish we would've eaten in a few days. Only one incident disappointed me and it was when we arrived at the airport. We had paid for airport transfers and we're told that we would be met by the driver in a TiKaye shirt with a clipboard with our info on it. We were told not to fall for the taxi men who would try to get us to go with them. When we got out to where the cars are there was no driver and a few guys insisted that he had left and we should go with them and the resort would pay them for us. We went to the info desk and called TiKaye and a woman insisted the driver is there. We called back 2 other times until it got sorted out and when someone finally did come he did not have a shirt, logo or clipboard- nothing that identified him as being associated with Ti Kaye. I was actually a little nervous getting in the car with him but then felt more reassured we were with the right guy. It was just an unnerving way to start out but once we were there I was I bliss!! We would definitely return although I don't know when we could afford to!! Met some wonderful couples also there that I wish we could hang out with again!
Thanks Chris and Sarah and all of TiKaye!!
Erin and Francis

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank Newlywe
Hello Newlywe(ds)!

Thanks for posting your kind review. So glad you guys had such a great time, and thanks also for highlighting all the staff you did. I haven’t mentioned it for a while (I don’t think) but we do have an amazing team here. I apologize for the ‘nervous’ arrival because of the taxi guy mix-up. We do occasionally have to use outside drivers – but it still should have been a smoother process than you encountered. We constantly evaluate our prices and will do again for the gift shop toiletries. Was that double USA price, or double local price? All toiletries (and most of everything else) in Saint Lucia have to be imported, so they won’t be the same as price buying at Walmart. We’ll look into those prices anyway.

Great reading you enjoyed the outdoor showers (the porch!), the food, as well as our Land & Sea tour.

We usually have some kind of ‘special’ running so we might see you sooner than you think!

Driftwood, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

My husband and I had an active vacation, and the stay here was the relaxing portion. Everything was wonderful. We upgraded to our own cottage with a plunge pool and outdoor shower. I highly recommend the upgrade; it was worth the extra expense. The beach was beautiful and relaxing. I did some snorkeling around the beach, and the scuba instructor was very helpful. The food was fresh and delicious, and the staff was very nice. I wish we had done the fish fry as I heard many good things about it, but we were lazy. We used the spa everyday, and also participated in the wine tasting.

Room Tip: The all-inclusive meals come with an appetizer, entree and dessert, but you have to pay for drinks...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelArg
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Hi TravelArg,

Thanks for your review (another one from a few months ago). Glad you had a 'wonderful and relaxing' stay with us (as I tell alot of guests, we do 'relaxing' very well)! We also have a great Front Office team as well as our own transportation / dive guys so if you need a little adventure whilst here - we can arrange that too!

Just a note for other reviewers, we offer all types of meal plan; room only, bed & breakfast, half board and full board (which you were on). The 'full board' is meals only and is not our 'All inclusive' plan, we have one of those as well that does include certain alcoholic (and non-alcoholic) drinks.

We look forward to seeing at the fish fry when you next return!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anse Cochon
#5 of 11 in Soufriere
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,130 reviews
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!