“heavenly”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Ti Kaye is a very special resort. It is beautiful, warm, and friendly. Returning their is like coming home. The staff makes the difference! We love to snorkel, and their beach has wonderful snorkeling off the beach. Lita does a magnificent job managing reservations and greets us warmly. Kim is superb as she manages the dining room with understated efficiency. Terry is the beach dude who takes to heart ensuring that everyone on the beach is happy and has what they need. He even tries to anticipate guests' desires. Cleus is an extremely knowledgeable wine sommelier who taught me that not all red wines give me headaches. The cottages are pleasant and private, and their best feature is the outdoor shower with tile and tropical plants.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are alike and have ocean views
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Hi daryaalaska,

Thanks for your (4th!) review. It's clear you like us as you keep coming back - which we believe is the highest compliment any resort can get. It's also good to know that we are 'tweaking' in the right places without changing the natural 'feel' of Ti Kaye (which we also love as well)!

Lita, Kim, Terry, Cleus - and all of us appreciate your kind comments and repeat business.

Hopefully see you next year...

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is a small idyllic resort situated above a lovely beach with stunning views across the Caribbean. There is great attention to detail in the central areas and in the individual houses, situated in immaculately kept gardens. Houses have verandas and outdoor showers that we really enjoyed. The service was personal and very friendly and the food in the restaurant excellent. The snorkeling from the beach was great. A place to come back to.

Hi travelking24,

Glad you liked our 'idyllic' resort. I don't think anybody has described us like that before (?) - but it fits very well :-)

Funnily enough, Sarah and my 'phrase' for 2014 is 'attention to detail'. There are some areas we still need to work on (and when they're done it'll be time to start again), but hopefully we're getting there - pleased that you noticed.

We totally agree - Ti Kaye is a great place to come back to ... it's also a great place not to leave ;-)

Thanks for your review.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The arrival is less than auspicous down a mile long track, but once you get to Ti Kaye and soak up the atmosphere you won't care! It has been said before but its worth repeating that the staff are incredible. I have not experienced anyting quite like it. The service is impeccable and infused with a genuine concern for your wellbeing and happiness at all times. The ambience and sheer warmth of the place really gets under your skin and lulls you into a lovely relaxed state of mind. I have often found that food in the Caribbean is below par and over priced - not at Ti Kaye - it is of a consistently high standard and beautifully presented. Special mention to lovely Florina - xx

Room Tip: Go for a plunge pool cottage

Dear BelindaDiamond,

Thanks for your simple, but superb review (I think you were at the airport when you wrote it)?!

Thanks for your personal opinions on our food (and value), the kitchen really appreciate it - and for mentioning our crazy Grandma (sorry Florina)!

We'll have your private plunge pool and a glass of bubbly ready for your return...

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Everything is perfect there - staff, location food and service is great. Staff tried their very best to feel yourself really welcome and comfortable.
There is simply nothing at all to complain about not even to feel they could make it better.
The perfect stay in a cosy private little luxurious resort.

Room Tip: We had Fifine and it is great - like every other villa as well - they all are amazing.

Hello CptAisha,

Happy to read you seem to have enjoyed, well ... everything. (There is always room for improvement by the way)!

Thanks for your review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I stayed in Room Papicho in November 2013 for a week.

The Brilliant Bits:
The staff - all of them. They are just great. They make you feel really welcome - like everyone else in St Lucia! Special mention goes to Cleus, the sommelier, walking wine encyclopaedia. Listen to him - we never had a bad drink when we were there.
The food - also very good, both in the main restaurant and at the beach restaurant.
The location - on a cliff, by a beach, west facing, off the beaten track.
The spa - awesome setting, good treatments (speaking for both my wife and I!)

The So-So bits:
Our Oceanview room didn't have much of an oceanview - it was pretty much completely obscured by plants and trees. I'd avoid Papicho for this reason. (We had a look in other rooms whilst we were there, I wouldn't agree that they need "serious renovation"). Equally I am not sure about the added value of a plunge pool in the room.

Need to Know:
It is down a long track in generally poor condition. You can do it in 2 wheel drive (the staff do) but a 4x4 makes life easier - especially with the 4WD engaged!
Hire a 4x4 to explore this corner of the island - there is little public transport and you get to meet a lot of locals as you give them lifts between towns and villages (if that's your thing). The roads are seriously windy and expect to smell burning brakes.
The beach - is popular with cruises from the resorts up the coast in the morning (think big catamarans, a little bit noisy). There are also local men selling souvenirs - they are not intrusive. I thought the beach was very nice. It is also down a lot of steps - but there is road access if needed.
Friday fish night - in a local town. Recommended just for the johnny cake.

Would we go back? For sure. Stay in the same room? Nope.

Room Tip: Avoid Papicho. Not sure if the plunge pools are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

... and we'd happily have you back.

hello Pedroorange,

Thanks for your break-down, very helpful to us for improvement. We actually started some tree topping several weeks ago - but we have a lot of trees so have not gotten to all the rooms yet. Sorry your view was slightly obscured. Gladly it didn't seem to have affected your vacation too much (although I think it did cost us a point)! We'll have that resolved for when you return :-)

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I rely very heavily on Trip Advisor when booking holidays so I thought it was about time I posted a review myself. My husband and I have just returned from a heavenly trip to Ti Kaye so please allow me to rave about this divine resort for a while.

We always tend to choose small resorts (say 30 rooms or less) with a laid back and chilled out vibe. For the past couple of years we've been to Jamaica - staying in Jakes, Rockhouse Hotel and Tensing Pen. So we were looking for the same kind of thing in St Lucia.

First up, the St Lucian people are possibly the nicest we have ever met. They take their service/leisure industry very seriously. The service at Ti Kaye is impeccable. Never was there a nicer group of people running a resort. They genuinely seem to love their jobs and they genuinely want to see you have the most wonderful and relaxing time. You might even get a jokey telling off for using your Ipad too much as they want you to kick back and take it easy.

Don't ask me how (it was impressive) but within hours of arriving at Ti Kaye, every member of staff knew our names and always used them. It was a lovely, personal touch. It made us feel very special.

We stayed in a room called Betize - we splashed out on one with a plunge pool and we were so glad we did. The view from our room was sublime - a perfect uninterrupted view of the sea and no properties in front of us. We had an amazing verandah with a hammock and we just used to laze around and watch the world go by. The outside shower that looked out onto the sea was fantastic. Our room was spotless adn cleaned beautifully each day.

One of the great things for me about Ti Kaye - it's virtually bug free!! I packed a week's supply of mosquito repellant and didn't have to use it once. I'm the sort of person who gets ten bites on the first night and here, we didn't get bitten once! Apparently it's because there are lots of geckos on the island who eat the bugs. It was such a joy. Also I'm used to sitting out in the evening in Jamaica and being attacked by all sorts of creatures - flying beatles, bugs, the works. It totally freaks me out and I end up retreating to my room. But this was not the case at Ti Kaye. The evenings are beautifully still and completely bug free.

The food was excellent which is not difficult after going to Jamaica every year. We are so used to Jamaican service - for example you order a cocktail and you might be lucky if you get it half an hour later. Not so at Ti Kaye - brilliant speedy service, delicious cuisine and wonderful wine too.

I'd wish I could name check and big up every single member of staff but special thanks must go to Natalie, the most charming and funny waitress ever. Also to Cleus whose knowledge of wine is immense and whose passion for his job is overwhelming, also Micha - always so friendly, helpful and full of smiles. The girls who run the spa are superb. Terry who runs the beach is such a cool dude and the two guys who do the Sunset cruise are so much fun.

But everyone, and I mean everyone who works at Ti Kaye is brilliant. I salute them all for making me have the most beautiful and chilled out week.

I'm really trying to think of any kind of negatives about Ti Kaye but its very difficult. Yes the beach is a bit of a steep walk but it's really not that bag. Yes of course if you are going to keep popping back to your room then you might get knackered out but it's not a big deal. Yes you get the odd boat trip mooring up in the bay for a spot of snorkelling but we didn't mind it at all and Ti Kaye's 'area' on the beach is kept very seperate.

The only TINY thing I would say is this - the bar is below the restaurant and it's lacking in ambience - it's fairly enclosed and it's a shame that you can't sit outside whilst having a drink. People tend to grab their drinks and go upstairs or back to their rooms. Ti Kaye could do with an upstairs/outdoor bar. But that's really all I can think of. It's mainly couples here anyway so I wouldn't have expected a crazy bar vibe anyway but it's just a shame that you don't really want to linger in the downstairs bar.

If you are looking for a big lively resort, don't come here. If you are looking for a sweet yet chic, chilled out and laid back vibe come here. It's so pretty and it oozes charm, as do the great great people who run it. A holiday I will never forget

Room Tip: If you can, splash out on a plunge pool. It's so decadent and fabulous. But all rooms have gor...

Hello Ros W,

Wow - thanks for your very (very) detailed 'rave' (and great title) - you clearly had 'heavenly' time!

It's a superb review that covers everything - which therefore leaves me with nothing else to say really, except that the staff do have an amazing talent for remembering guest names (which is not a talent of mine unfortunately)!

Thanks for the individual staff 'shout-outs' ...and we're working on the bar!

Chris & Sarah
General Managers (and the whole 'Ti Kaye family)!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We just got home from our honeymoon at Ti Kaye...and we already can't wait to go back! We have been to many resorts/spas/vacations but this one truly takes the cake! We felt completely private in our own little villa overlooking the ever-changing view of the quiet cove. The view alone is worth every penny and the service is un-matched! The food is outstanding! The wine cave is a MUST...Cleus is the BEST, and knows each wine as if it is a personal friend of his (seriously..)! We had the most romantic, relaxing, and adventurous time in St. Lucia at this wonderful resort...so glad our TA recommended it to us! Can't say enough good things about Ti Kaye, and the people of St. Lucia! xoxo
(Don't forget to visit their Spa for a couple's massage...you won't regret it!)

Room Tip: This is already a pretty small resort, but our villa (Guiwyen) was a very short walk to the main res...
2  Thank SSteinert

Hi SSteinert,

Thanks for your review (and photo's)! It's a great concise review that really highlights what Ti Kaye is all about (except you missed off our amazing snorkeling right off the beach and superb dive centre - and we have Dwight who also does wine tastings)!

We look forward to adding you to our ever-growing list of repeat guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anse Cochon
#2 of 5 in Cap Estate
Stonefield Estate Resort
Stonefield Estate Resort
#6 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!