After travelling 12 days of our holiday in the Caribbean, we wanted a good hotel to relax the last 4 days. And for that, this hotel was the perfect one. The room is perfect. You have like your own small cabin which is made into a hotel room. We also had a small pool, which we used actively to relax after a good dinner or a day after sightseeing. You have a big open air shower. Here we had some problems. Once the water didn't run out as it should, and it took about 4 hours until help came. We also had problems with lizards in the shower, but this is not the hotel's fault, that's the nature around the hotel. But still it was uncomfortable to shower when they were around you. Except that the outdoor shower was awesome. You feel so free and so refreshed after using it.
From the restaurant, from the bar, your small little cabin and especially from the spa you have the most stunning view over the sea. The resort is located at the perfect place! but the street to the hotel is horrible, drive carefully!
The hotel crew is very proffesional, kind and open minded. Their service is at a very high level, and we always felt like being taken good care of. The crew's knowledge is high, dependig where they work(restaurant, bar, reception ++)
One thing which we found very uncomfortable, which you must keep in mind when going here. When we woke up after the first night, we had one cockroach and one small frog in our room. What we didn't know, was that it was an instect spray in the bahtroom, which we found later. This is also nothing the hotel can help, but it was no nice surprise. After we used the insect spray as preventive, and we never had a problem with that again.
The room gets cleaned and prepared twice per day. One in the morning and one in the evening, and the maids make it really nice.
The breakfast here, was for me a disappointment. The choice of fruits, cakes and juices are big, but except that it's very small. Things like eggs, meat and other basics at breakfast are missing, and for this you need to pay extra. You'll be offered a menu card. It'd prefer to get eggs included in my breakfast, instead of cakes and sweet breads.
The WiFi here is also very bad, we had only connection at our balcony, and there it was very weak. We never had connection in our room, this is something to improve.
In the bar the music is too loud, you need to keep a high voice when you're talking with your friends or ordering drinks. This we found a bit annoying, and it felt good for the ears when we were finished there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia