“St. Lucian paradise”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Reviewed 21 July 2014

After travelling 12 days of our holiday in the Caribbean, we wanted a good hotel to relax the last 4 days. And for that, this hotel was the perfect one. The room is perfect. You have like your own small cabin which is made into a hotel room. We also had a small pool, which we used actively to relax after a good dinner or a day after sightseeing. You have a big open air shower. Here we had some problems. Once the water didn't run out as it should, and it took about 4 hours until help came. We also had problems with lizards in the shower, but this is not the hotel's fault, that's the nature around the hotel. But still it was uncomfortable to shower when they were around you. Except that the outdoor shower was awesome. You feel so free and so refreshed after using it.

From the restaurant, from the bar, your small little cabin and especially from the spa you have the most stunning view over the sea. The resort is located at the perfect place! but the street to the hotel is horrible, drive carefully!

The hotel crew is very proffesional, kind and open minded. Their service is at a very high level, and we always felt like being taken good care of. The crew's knowledge is high, dependig where they work(restaurant, bar, reception ++)

One thing which we found very uncomfortable, which you must keep in mind when going here. When we woke up after the first night, we had one cockroach and one small frog in our room. What we didn't know, was that it was an instect spray in the bahtroom, which we found later. This is also nothing the hotel can help, but it was no nice surprise. After we used the insect spray as preventive, and we never had a problem with that again.

The room gets cleaned and prepared twice per day. One in the morning and one in the evening, and the maids make it really nice.

The breakfast here, was for me a disappointment. The choice of fruits, cakes and juices are big, but except that it's very small. Things like eggs, meat and other basics at breakfast are missing, and for this you need to pay extra. You'll be offered a menu card. It'd prefer to get eggs included in my breakfast, instead of cakes and sweet breads.

The WiFi here is also very bad, we had only connection at our balcony, and there it was very weak. We never had connection in our room, this is something to improve.

In the bar the music is too loud, you need to keep a high voice when you're talking with your friends or ordering drinks. This we found a bit annoying, and it felt good for the ears when we were finished there.

2  Thank Silje J
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Hello Silje J,

Thanks for your review. As you travelled with Toblje (and another couple, so had 3 rooms) some of your comments are very similar so I won't repeat my replies. I believe the frog was only in one of your rooms however (and probably came in from the outdoor shower)? I appreciate you mentioning for other people that there is "nature around the hotel" though. We all try our best to make sure everyone is as well looked after as possible - but alas lizards watching you in the outdoor shower is beyond even my control :-)

As with Toblje we are glad that you enjoyed the food, the views, the Spa and that you thought we are in a perfect place (A "St. Lucian Paradise" in fact) with a 'very professional hotel crew'.

Thanks for your note on the volume of the bar music, I have spoken to the team and after 6pm it will be turned down (It's actually just one of our barman, he enjoys his work so much he does tend to turn it up a bit).

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Ti Kaye Resort & Spa a lot. Here are my review points:

+ excellent location far away of other Hotels
+ privacy
+ stunning view from the hotel restaurant and from the bar
+ nice wine cellar, big choice of wines
+ beautiful rooms with canopy bed, outdoor hammok and an openair shower
+ delicious dinner meals in the hotel restaurant
+ friendly service persons

- the breakfast buffet is small and basic foods like eggs and dried meats are missing
- many animals like lizards, cockroaches and frogs in the hotel room, especially in the shower
- terrible street down to the hotel from the main road
- birds invading the breakfast tables
- noise of passing-by party yachts nearly every day
- Wlan connection was very poor in the hotel room

Room Tip: I recommend a room with an own swimming pool. It's worth the price.
1  Thank Toblje

Hello Toblje,

We appreciate your feedback. Noting positive as well as anything negative is always helpful.

Delighted that you enjoyed the location, privacy, views, wine cellar, rooms, hammocks, outdoor showers (not everyone's cup of tea ... but it seems as though 99% enjoy them) and food as well as our friendly staff.

With regards to the animals - as we are not a 'concrete jungle' but are 'naturally beautiful' (i.e. 'in' the rainforest), we do get our fair share of wildlife. Our rooms are not sealed so small lizards will get underneath your door (or if it is left open, take a stroll inside) and the frogs like the outdoor shower as much as you do :-) We have a baiting program for 'other' wildlife.

To clarify for all: The breakfast that is included in the room is a 'continental breakfast; (and in our experience, a pretty extensive one). It does include items like salmon, salami, ham - but as it is 'continental' does not include hot items such as eggs etc. These are however available from the al a carte breakfast menu. Our infamous road is bad (due for patching again next month). As previously mentioned however it is not actually Ti Kaye's road. Sarah and I have had many a discussion when I need to spend thousands of $$$ on patching a road that is not ours (although I totally agree, it does reflect partly on the resort - hence why I'm patching it again) ... and she'd like some new stemware, crockery etc. Both our restaurants are open air, but we do have 'devices' to limit the bird activity. Regarding the "noise of passing party boats", unfortunately you were only here for 3 nights and your stay coincided with Saint Lucia Carnival - so everybody was in party spirit. This is not usually a problem. We also had problems with a couple of our WiFi routers during your short stay - these have now been replaced.

Happy though that overall you enjoyed your stay and gave us a 4/5. With regards to your room tip: I'd just like to point out that it's a private 'plunge' pool - not a "swimming pool" ... hopefully that will set expectations correctly.

Thanks again for your review,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I recently returned from St Lucia following a 5-night stay at Ti Kaye and another 5 nights at another resort. I can honestly say that this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at. Everything was perfect, from the room, to the food, the staff, the wine tasting, the beach....everything!

The room was well presented, clean, air conditioned, and large. It also had a great view of the bay and there was nothing better than lying in the hammock and watching the world go by. The food was superb, and whilst we found that the lunch menu didn't change during our stay, there was enough on it to ensure you could select something different every day. The staff were also very attentive and polite, and made you feel very welcome and relaxed.

I noticed a couple of people complaining about the number of boats that use the bay for snorkelling and diving, but I really didn't have a problem with this. We spent the better part of 2 days at the beach, and whilst a number of boats did enter the bay, they didn't create that much noise or bother anyone. The beach itself was very clean and the staff did a wonderful job of ensuring that we were well taken care of. There are a couple of vendors, but they're very friendly and will respect your desire to be left alone if that is what you wish. Personally I enjoyed having a chat with them and you have to understood that these people are only trying to make a living.

One thing that definitely isn't worth missing is the wine tasting. This is a great experience and the guy really knows his stuff. Its great value for money and I can promise you that you'll come away a little....merry by the end of it.

The one negative aspect I think needs to be pointed out is the value of the activities that the hotel offers. I only noticed this because I had stayed at another resort on the island and compared the prices between the two. The other resort offered similar activities but I found them to be 20-30% cheaper than the activities at Ti Kaye. It didn't bother me that much however since the whole purpose of the holiday was to relax, and not to tire myself out!

And that's what this hotel is all about - peace and relaxation. If you're looking for a bit of a party, then this is definitely not the hotely for you. You're best going to one of the sandals resorts for that!

All in all, great experience and would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank RickNI

Hi RickNI,

An 'amazing' review, thanks. Happy to read that you enjoyed everything - and in in your opinion thought it was one of the "best hotels you've stayed at" (a fantastic comment seeing as you are a very well traveled person).

With regards to our tour prices, I had a quick look at the 'other' hotel you spent 5 nights in ... we have further to travel to the tours in the South (where they are located) so this will naturally increase the overall cost (we also go by boat to some, which is a great way to travel, but also more expensive).

As for wine tasting - that hasn't been mentioned in at least ...oh, 4 reviews :-)

Your closing summary is spot-on; "you should come to Ti Kaye for peace and relaxation" [and romance].

Kind regards.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I have just returned from our stay at Ti Kye Resort and Spa, and we already miss the relaxing moments we spent over there. The hotel is nested atop of a cliff, so that all of their bungalows have gorgeous vistas - I specially enjoyed laying on the hammock and admiring the view. I understand that for an extra fee you could have a room with a pool. Yes, you will have to go through 166 steps in order to reach the beach, but it is not that bad. We have been to Capri, Italy, and it is even harder to reach the beaches over there. If you really want to avoid the stairs, you could arrange for a driver to take you to the beach and back. My biggest concern regarding this trip was safety, but I felt quite safe while at the resort, (exercise caution when outside the hotel). We arranged for the hotel driver to pick us up and drive us back to the airport. If you suffer from motion sickness like I do, you might want to think about pre-medicating for the drive to the hotel, because it is a 90 minute drive going up,down, left and right hills; it is a nauseating doozy!
The downside regarding the hotel is that it is quite isolated from any other town, so we had to chose between eating at the hotel (more expensive),or at the restaurant near the beach (less expensive). We also arranged to go to the Rodney Bay Mall with the hotel for our souvenir shopping because the hotel's shop is quite limited. However, later we found out that our shopping could have been done at the Airport. Unless you want something more crafty than you will need to arrange a trip to Castries (45 minutes drive) or to the mall mentioned above.
The highlight of our trip was snorkeling by the Pitons (this boat ride can be arranged by the hotel concierge). A trip to St. Lucia would not be complete without visiting the country's main symbol. I should mention the overall niceness of everybody at the hotel too.

Hello Paulinho3,

Glad that you felt relaxed on your vacation with us.

Your review is also a great one for potential future guests as it re-confirms 'what' Ti Kaye is; rooms with hammocks to admire views over the Caribbean Sea (and "yes" some with private plunge pools), 166 steps down to the beach. airport transfers (and tours), our own Security team, a twisty drive from (and to)! the airport, nice staff - all in a (kind of - depending where else you've travelled / lived) isolated location. I like to refer to is a 'naturally beautiful' location - as you tend not to get 'naturally beautiful' locations is big, built up areas - therefore implying that we are quieter and more romantic :-)

You can buy souvenir items at the airport, but it is nowhere near as extensive as in Castries, or Rodney Bay - maybe you went on a Sunday (most places are closed Saturday afternoon and Sundays)?

Thanks you for your review - and I agree, you can't visit Saint Lucia without seeing the Pitons, snorkeling / diving at the base of them is even better!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We enjoyed a week at Ti Kaye in July 2014, and loved every moment of it. Having stayed in the rather disappointing Coconut Bay Resort for 4 nights (not our first choice, after another resort canceled on us at the last minute) we moved to the wonderful Ti Kaye Resort and it was like night and day.

A quiet, relaxed atmosphere with rooms offering great privacy - we had a pool cottage - and excellent food. Not a cheap week, but what price luxury?

Even the climb up and down to the beach was interesting and the facilities there were great. Kayaking, snorkeling, diving and with beverage service to your chosen spot. The marine life was spectacular. Locals on the beach aren't intrusive, quite friendly and helpful actually. The noise of the visiting catamarans etc wasn't really problematic and a handy restaurant/bar right on the beach is a great facility.

Staff were generally nice, friendly and helpful. We did a couple of trips, one in to Castries and the other the Grosse Piton hike. Climb is a more appropriate description. You need to be pretty fit to do this excursion, this should be highlighted in the description.

It should be noted that Ti Kaye isn't readily accessible for those with mobility issues, at least not the parts that we saw, as there are a lot of steps to access the various locations within. Not necessarily a negative, just good to know if you do have mobility issues.

My only word of warning, and it's a minor detail, the bar is very hot! AC units struggle to keep the place cool when the sun shines in through the glass frontage, as it generally does. We didn't get to experience the Ti Kave, it seems a little under utilized, was always locked when I tried the door. Also the gym could do with a treadmill.

Overall though, a wonderful place and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit and would do so again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the great week, Ti Kaye!

Billy & Beth
Texas

Room Tip: Go for the cottage with it's own splash pool. A marvelous bonus to have right outside your door...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello 'veryred' (a bit too much sun whilst here maybe)?!

Thank you for your kind review. Thanks also for highlighting that the site Ti Kaye is built on unfortunately means we are not suitable for everybody (and that the Piton climb is definitely a 'climb')!

Great that you got to see more of Saint Lucia as it is a beautiful country and should be explored.

Sorry about the main bar being a tad warm ... we are having issues with the two AC units. They are only 3 years old - but something seems not quite right.

Next time your here, I'll be happy to show you our underground 'Ti Kave' wine cellar. (As it happens, we are having a double glazed window installed - so at least you'll be able to 'peer' in when it's locked (which we have to do sometimes as it has over 3,500 bottles of wine in there))

Your review is a really good one for us, as not only did you have a great time - but the minor detail and your suggestions we are already working on ... we have treadmill (and a rowing machine) or order for the gym already :-)

We hope to see you again very soon (if only for the treadmill, cool bar and tour of the wine cellar)...

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had the most amazing week at Ti Kaye. We stayed at Niche, which is super private and romantic. We enjoyed the beautiful beaches, quiet pool, and lush surroundings. Since we went in September, the resort was not half full. Other resort guests were respectful of others, which we enjoyed since we were there to be with each other. Can't wait to go back for our five year anniversary!

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Colleen R

Dear Colleen R,

We are so happy that you had an amazing honeymoon, and you are still thinking of us almost one year on.

5 year anniversary return trip huh ... there's plenty of anniversaries and Birthday's in between ;-)

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing resort and vacation. Location is beautiful with a beach on your doorstep.

My wife and I did the land and sea Soufiere tour, which includes visting diamond and spring waterfalls where you can swim, botanical gardens, views of the pitons, and lunch at a coco plantation. The tour starts with a boat ride then taxi shuttle.

Also we did horse treking in the north east of the island. You can also do kayaking, snorkeling and diving as the beach has amazing marine life. I would also recommend the spa treatments at the koko spa rooms within the hotel. Yvonne and her team make you feel very relaxed.

Adults only resort which is great. We also did wine tasting where you try over 10 wines and come away with great insights. Other highlights are the food menu and the very friendly staff and management team of Chris and Sarah. Special thanks to Nadine, Terry and Roland for being very punctual with our numerous food and drink requests!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Jaspal P,

We really appreciate your review (especially as you wrote it whilst sitting on our beach - that's complimentary WiFi for you)!

Delighted that you did our Land & Sea tour (very popular as and you say, you get to see lots) as well as other activities.

Thanks also for the staff shout-outs (including Sarah and I :-0). Just for the record, it's Ronald, not Roland ... but everybody calls him that. One of his many nicknames is bee-boy (as he's also a beekeeper)! Terry is always Terry, and as for Nadine ... yes ... a very quiet young lady that one...

Thanks again for your review. We hope to see you both again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anse Cochon
#2 of 5 in Cap Estate
Stonefield Estate Resort
Stonefield Estate Resort
#5 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!