“2004 Wedding Trip”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
South Hero, Vermont, United States
“2004 Wedding Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed before the spa was added, but even then this was an amazing place. We stayed in Niche which was the furthest room from the restaurant overlooking the cliffs. The room was private, comfortable, and clean. Totally worth the upgrade for the plunge pool/open outdoor shower! We had our wedding on the beach, and the whole party stayed at the resort. The service and food was impeccable, and we were treated like rock stars! We want to come back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary G
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Mary G,

Only a slightly delayed review then ;-)

Thanks for still thinking of us and posting your review.

There have only been improvements since you were here (and some of the staff are the same), but we still are an 'amazing place'. Great for weddings, honeymoons - and 10 year anniversaries ...I think we still have a couple of rooms free...

General Managers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Kernersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

From the moment we decided to book at Ti Kaye, we had nothing but positive experiences with them. Lita, in the front office, spoke with my husband on the phone and was super-friendly and helpful. She answered all of the questions that he had and, based on what my husband described to her that we were looking for, she was able to book the most perfect room for us! Upon arrival at the airport (SLU), we were met by a driver and taken by van, with three other couples, to the resort. After a scenic approximately 1 hour drive, we arrived at Ti Kaye. We were greeted by Lita and served delicious (and strong!) rum punches in the main lobby area. While there, it was nice to just look around and take in the sites. Everything is open-air and surrounded by beautiful flowers and spectacular views. After getting checked in, we were taken by van again to our secluded villa, aptly named, the Love Nest :-). It was just gorgeous! All of the windows were opened to let in the sea air and after a long day of travel it was just what we needed! We immediately decided to spend the rest of the afternoon in our private plunge pool which overlooks the ocean and a perfect view of the sunset each day. We also took a plunge in it every evening after dinner. Even the view of the stars seemed to be specially arranged for us each night with clear, starry skies and even shooting stars! I think my very favorite part of the room was the shower, though. It's a garden shower so every morning when I took a shower, I could look out at the ocean! I probably gave some sailboats a show :-), but there is a door that you can close if you'd like a little more privacy. There is also a light out there for nighttime showering and there never seemed to be any scary critters, only tiny frogs and the occasional lizard. Each morning at breakfast, there is a buffet with yogurt and various toppings, all sorts of fruits and juices, and different breads with jams and spreads. There is also a menu that you can order from. It was so peaceful to start the day out surrounded by the flowers & to sit and observe the many different birds that came to see what kinds of little treats they could get from leftover breakfasts! This is also the time that we made our dinner reservations each day. One night we scheduled the special romantic dinner package and because it was raining that evening, we were seated in the wine cellar area. It was pretty awesome-- our own private candlelight dinner with a fairy-tale castle feel! Dinner was always delicious!! Every meal was delicious, but especially the dinners (although having lunch on the beach was pretty special too!). I know that St. Lucia is known for its seafood dishes, but they truly worked magic with the beef dishes too. My favorite was the pepperpot-- makes my mouth water just thinking about it! Also at dinner each night, the wine steward would stop by to see if we wanted a wine pairing. Cleus was usually the wine steward on duty when we went to dinner & he's an expert at what he does. We could just tell him kind of what flavor we were in the mood for and he would just bring us something that was exactly what we described. He's brilliant & has a vast knowledge of his product! The staff at Ti Kaye is really a huge part of its success. Kim, the restaurant manager, seems to always be on duty (with a smile & greeting everyone personally) and tirelessly makes sure that everything is running smoothly all over the resort. Nadine & Dina were usually on duty as servers in the restaurants and they were so sweet and caring and always made sure everything was just perfect. They all did such a great job of making us feel like we were not just tourists passing through, but like we were part of their family. It was so great getting to know them-- it made us even more sad to leave! Ti Kaye was exactly what we were looking for because we wanted something secluded and quiet. We only left the resort once for an excursion. We booked it through the resort and took a boat with several other couples to Soufriere to tour the town and the volcano. This tour also included a waterfall and a cocoa plantation. It was a good way to see some of St. Lucia since it covered a lot of areas (and I was also able to finally try the cocoa tea--yum!), but we were glad to come back to our private little paradise. If only we never had to leave!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CRSTucker
Hi CRSTucker,

Wow ... what a detailed, descriptive review. I think if anyone reading this is thinking of staying with us, one of them should close their eyes whilst the other reads out your review - they'll be able to picture Ti Kaye perfectly!

Thanks for mentioning staff names as well, it means a lot to them (and Sarah and I)!

I have a feeling we'll be seeing you again. In the meantime, when you're missing us ... close your eyes and have your husband read out this review...

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

As another reviewer has stated, the gate staff is not really friendly toward unexpected "non-residents." We'd been to the restaurant on our last trip and wanted to return. We stated this to the guard up front and said we wanted to eat, not swim. He was a bit haughty and acted put-out, and said he'd have to call for authorization (it was low season, so kind of silly). After making us wait for a few minutes, he let us through. Although it might make people who have paid a mint to stay there feel special, this kind of treatment of potential guests certainly doesn't do the place any favors in terms of customer service. Perhaps it's better to make a reservation?

Anyway, once you get down to the restaurant everything changes. The atmosphere is relaxed and the view is fantastic. The staff at the restaurant were very friendly and the food was again very good. The flavors were nicely done, the portions were generous and the drinks were big! This is a special place and well worth the bumpy ride. Just a tweak to the gate customer service and they would deserve 5 stars.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Trav-bug222,

Your review came in right after the previous non-resident review. Thanks for highlighting some gate staff issues to me as I'll be able to address those now I know about them, In general we have a great team all round and recently employed some replacement gate staff who are in the process of training.

You did bring something up which I should have mentioned to the last non-resident reviewer. "YES"! Please make a reservation beforehand as it helps us immensely with staffing correctly. The US$10 pp 'Gate Pass' is not only for the beach / swimming by the way, its for use of the private road. If you eat or drink the US$10 gets deducted off your bill, effectively making it free to come in. Basically, any non-resident that comes in without a reservation has to pay the US$10 pp.

Happy that once you made it in though everything was fantastic.

We'll work on that tweak for the 5th star when you return...:-)

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We thought we would stop and visit the beach and bar, but found the most extraordinary policy in place. While they did not want under 12s in the hotel (fair enough) they said we could go to the beach bar if we paid US$10/person. As we are not American we did not have any US$ so asked how much it would be in EC$, but the gate man said if we wanted to pay in EC$ we would need to go to reception, but warned it was very busy and we may face a long wait. We gave up and went to the far more welcoming Anse Chastanet! No idea what the point of the policy was, but the hotel just missed out some perfectly good money, which in the off-season you would think they would want.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear RealWomen,

Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the lack of our usual 'Ti Kaye' welcome - whether to our hotel guests or visitors. The 'extraordinary policy' you described is not our policy at all. What should have been explained is as follows;

Non-resident guests are welcome to use our private Ti Kaye access road to the beach. For this we do charge US$10 pp (under 12's free). If you do not have US$, you can pay EC$26 pp. You need to go to Reception (whether you pay US$ or EC$) and purchase a Gate Pass. For this you will get a laminated pass which you leave in the window of your vehicle when you park it down at the beach (monitored by one of our Security guards). You will also receive receipts. These receipts you can hand over at the Restaurant / Bar where the US$10 pp you spent will be deducted from your bill - effectively meaning that using Ti Kaye's private road down to the beach and parking in a secure car park is free. If you do not wish to purchase a Gate Pass, there is of course public access to the beach outside of Ti Kaye (this should also have been pointed out by my Security Team).

We also offer a Spa Pass (which includes use of beach loungers, lunch and a Spa treatment), a Dive Pass (again beach loungers, lunch and diving (including a try dive session)) and finally a Day Pass which is beach lounger, lunch and snorkel equipment. All of these are available to non-resident guests and should have been mentioned to you.

I have discussed your review with my Head of Security and additional customer training will be happening. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies and should you decide to visit Ti Kaye again, if the above is not clearly explained to you please do not hesitate to ask the Security booth to call so you can speak to me directly.

Chris
Efrat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is an extremely special place. There are already plenty of reviews, so I'll just point out a few things. First, we were so impressed by how thoughtful and well-staffed the hotel was. There was always cold water set out at the pool and the beach, and the staff at the beach were so helpful. Turndown service was a wonderful touch- we loved coming back to curtains drawn and air conditioner blowing. We felt extremely pampered. And when I needed something from a store in town they had a driver puck it up.
Just so you know, the hotel really is secluded, so there isn't really anything to do at night. This isn't bad, just something to know. Also we were surprised that there was no treadmill in the gym, although there was a very large selection of weights.
One tip- we saved a ton of money by bringing food with us. The mini-fridge is pretty big and there's plenty of storage space in the rooms.
Overall this was a great place for a honeymoon, words can't describe how beautiful and calming it is.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rachweb22
Hey Rachweb22,

Many thanks for your review. Even though we only have 33 rooms - we have 101 staff! (We do have our own Spa, Security team, drivers and dive centre though so that adds to the numbers).

With regards to the treadmill - it's in Miami waiting for the next boat to leave. We have also ordered a rowing machine as well.

Glad you enjoyed your honeymoon with us, we are a natural honeymoon / couples resort - and as Saint Lucia has been voted 'top honeymoon island in the Caribbean' for 8 years in a row, we're obviously in the right place!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We just came back after spending the most amazing Honeymoon in Ti Kaye. The reviews and pictures do no do justice to this paradise! The ride there is a little bumpy and long (so prepare yourself!) but it is 110% worth it! My husband and I wanted to relax and enjoy each other, so we did not book any adventures or excursions. We booked the "Lanmou" package which included airport transfers, couples massages (which we upgraded to the The Kia Koko Signature Massage and it was absolutely amazing!), wine and fruit, and a wine tasting experience. It was everything we wanted/needed and more.
The service at Ti Kaye is beyond amazing. I was in constant communication with the staff since the beginning of the year, which is when we booked our cottage with pool. I requested the three most private cottages (N) (M) or (L) and we got Nich (N) also known as "The Sunset Room" or "The Love Nest". Absolutely fantastic! The view was beautiful and it was secluded, private and just perfect.
The food was delicious!!!!!
I can keep typing and describing the most perfect week to you, but I don't want to bore you! If you are deciding wether or not to choose this resort, my recommendation is DO IT! for the it's the best value for what you get. These reviews helped me so much in choosing my Honeymoon and I am being as honest as possible. This resort is absolutely amazing and the best possible room is Nich!

Room Tip: The most private room is Nich!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Estefanía R
Hello Estefinia R,

Delighted that you had an 'absolutely fantastic' time!

So happy the staff looked after you and you enjoyed the food - and everything else.

Glad you managed to book a cottage with a private plunge pool. We only have 11 and throughout most of the year they are VERY popular so book out fast!

See you again soon. Thanks for your review.

Castries, St. Lucia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Ti Kaye is quite a unique Resort. It's eco-friendly in in every sense of the word; from the design of the rooms to the food that is served for all meals.
The room we stayed in was very comfortable with the most amazing view. The patio is huge and is equipped with a hammock, two rocking chairs and a patio table. I particularly loved the furnishings of the room. The closet was quite spacious and the outdoor shower was a welcome change to the ordinary. The room has AC however the place is so breezy that we slept with the windows and doors open as there is a net over the bed. The rooms are named and not numbered. The names are of the local dialect and is a great conversation piece.
The two restaurants on property served very food good. My favorite meal was lunchtime at the Ti Manje Restaurant. The menu does not offer a wide variety but all the items we ordered were exceptionally good. The continental breakfast at the Kai Manje Restaurant was quite extensive with an assortment of cereals, juices, breads, pastries, fruits, cheeses and jams. We only ordered off the menu once.
The Resort is spread out which means that it's a bit of a walk to get where you're going. Especially to the beach of course, with the 100 plus steps. We did not mind the walking because it's a great way to keep fit without hitting the gym. I particularly enjoyed snorkeling off the beach; quite an array of vibrant aquatic life. There is a cost to rent snorkeling gear, so if you do have your own, don't forget to pack it. It's a black sand beach so don't expect the usual turquoise water which is typical for the Caribbean.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. Always smiling and offering a greeting at every interaction.
This Resort has such a laid back atmosphere that you can't do anything but relax. We enjoyed it tremendously and will visit again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GeorgieL17
Hi GeorgieL17,

We appreciate you taking to the time to write and post your review. Fantastic that you noted we are an Eco friendly resort. We don't have any 'eco awards' as such (unlike some other resorts), however, having worked in many countries (and visited other resorts in Saint Lucia) - we have realized that Ti Kaye is actually more 'eco friendly' than many others.

Thanks for picking up on the creole names for the rooms as well. We do try and make people feel as though they are actually in Saint Lucia when they stay at Ti Kaye.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anse Cochon
#5 of 11 in Soufriere
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,132 reviews
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!