My husband and I stayed at Ti Kaye 4/25-5/5. We chose Ti Kaye carefully after spending a lot of time researching different resorts on the island. We knew we did not want to stay in a commercialized section of the island and wanted to stay away from feeling like we were still in the States. After reading reviews here, Ti Kaye sounded like everything that we were looking for - beauty, seclusion, and romance. I can honestly say that Ti Kaye was everything we wanted and more!
As so many other people have stated, the rooms are fabulous (we were in Hadi which is an oceanfront cottage with a great view) and the outdoor shower was really cool. There's nothing like showering under the stars! I was a little iffy on the thought of lots of bugs or lizards and frogs in the room. We had no problems with bugs and the lizard who lived in our cottage was very small and kept to himself. The A/C does work well if you choose to use it, the rooms are clean and the netting is definitely a romantic touch.
Food and service were also great. We miss the smiles of every single person on staff! Pilgrim and Cleus - great drinks, thank you!
We participated in several activities (snorkeling at the Pitons, horseback riding, day trip to Soufriere, in-room massage, sunset cruise) and all were very nice - especially the sunset cruise with the couple from Lanmou (I'll be emailing soon you guys!)
The only negative for me personally was knowing that if I went to the beach I would be approached by the local vendors even though we had already purchased several things. The local people are nice and saying 'no' definitely works, I just didn't want to be approached anymore. But that's a personal feeling and may not be bothersome to everyone. My husband, for example, enjoyed negotiating for his conch shells and necklaces! We were not bothered at all by the resort boats coming in as they were not loud or disruptive, in our opinion.
We really believe that Ti Kaye is absolutely the best resort for your money in St. Lucia and it would certainly be our choice of resort if we ever return to the island. Definitely stay at Ti Kaye- it is well worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia