My wife and I just came back from a week at Ti Kaye. But before I get started let me say that I do a lot of research before we select a place. For our past 3 trips we have used this website and read a bunch of the reviews like this one before and after we book a trip. I would say that the reviews you read here – they are for the most part right on and in fact I would say 90% of the people we met while there had checked them out on Tripadvisor as well.
Why St. Lucia and in particular Ti Kaye - Both of us work and were looking for a place to relax and enjoy being at and Ti Kaye fit the bill. The place is up on cliff with a private cove, quiet, has great food and an even better staff. Our cottage (we had L) overlooked the water and every time you stood, sat or laid (hammock) on the porch looked out over the water you could feel you felt like you were in a very special place.
While at Ti Kaye my wife and I renewed our vows and Jeanine (the General Manager) set everything up. We even had a special cake and they decorated our room and bed with flowers all of it was wonderful.
We took the Land and Sea tour (Warm Springs, Botanical Gardens, lunch and Volcano tour) and it was well worth the time. We went to the Friday Fish Fry & had a massage for 2 in our room both were fun and very nice.
We however opted to skip the Castries shopping trip as we did not want to be around crowds. As we preferred to take it easy, read, swim and generally relax.
There are many other things you can do including scuba, kayaking (they have 4 of them on the beach for your use), fishing, rainforest tours etc.
The food is great with new items on the Menu each night for dinner and we especially enjoyed Thursday night which is a grilled buffet and a live band (they were great).
They usually have music every night during dinner. Believe me you will gain weight on this trip as the food is very good.
Not really anything that bothered us as we knew what to expect before we went down (the reviews on this site do a great job of preparing you) as nothing was a surprise. They only thing I might suggest is pack a small portable umbrella during one the rainy months (we had good weather but it will rain usually for a bit which actually helps cool things off)
We can’t say enough good things about Ti Kaye, the overall staff and in particular Jeannine who is one of the nicest people you will meet while at the same time being very detail oriented.
If you are looking for a GREAT place with a GREAT staff (they learn and call you by your first name which makes you feel welcome) to relax at, enjoy beautiful scenery, meet nice people, have fun, be fed well then Ti Kaye is for you. If you want your standard American luxury room and partying then this might not be the place.
Thanks Ti Kaye for a great vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia