Without doubt this is a lovely resort and the cottages live up to expectations in most ways. We were made to feel very welcome on arrival and the 'survival bag' they gave us as LIAT had left a bag in Antigua was really great - they even had contact lens fluid.
Unfortunately the AC in our cottage broke so we were moved to another cottage, this was apparently an upgrade as it had a plunge pool although the view wasn't nearly as good, Also the room hadn't been fully checked before we moved in to it so we had to get room service to at least supply towels and some things were never replaced. Also garbage sacks were often slow in being collected (often left overnight) which gave what is otherwise a beautiful resort a rather tatty feel.
The spa is well worth a visit, especially with the free massage which was great - as were the cocktails! However we thought the main restaurant was overpriced for what it was and, whilst the chef may have lots of new ideas, the dishes were too heavy and overly ambitous. We've never had such solid and overpriced Pad Thai! That said local dishes were great and the beach bar and restaurant whilst simple were superb - as were the staff.
We were there to dive and Island Divers are a friendly and excellent operation - they ensured we always went somewhere different and it's going to be hard to beat seeing three sea horses on one metre of reef!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and getaroom.com so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia