“Lovely place”

Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Esperaza
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated in the Upper Aude Valley, Atelier is open all year and invites you to come and discover his Breton specialties, buckwheat pancakes and crepes, salads, tapas and sundaes ... A pleasant setting and boasts a permanent exhibition of pottery, and a children's area available to parents .. Remember to book !!
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Advertised outside the Dinosaur museum so headed here for lunch, expecting bit of a touristy place really. It was full but they squeezed us in. Wide menu choice, lovely friendly service (despite our slightly ropey French), really nice feel to the room and even a small play area for our toddler while we waited the few mins for crepes to arrive (not that it's a kids' restaurant, btw). And the crepes were *really* delicious. Some pretty pottery is displayed and on sale too.
All great, very much recommended.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Both food and service were great here. The portions were plentiful and the atmosphere was very nice. Best place in town.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I was walking around my hotel and i found this restaurant. I can confirm the feedback i found on tripadvisor. Crepe is very good and the staff is very kind. At the end i cannot complain about the price it was in line with my expectations.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We called in for lunch to this excellent little restaurant in the centre of Espéraza. Bright clean dining area, friendly attentive service, and good-value tasty food. The speciality is pancakes- galettes and crêpes but they also do tapas-style starters, impressive-looking salads and plats. We had the 14 euro lunch menu: the starter was a choice of 2 tapas dishes, the main was a galette and a crêpe au choix for dessert. If I had one criticism it would be the limited wine list, but its not somewhere you go for fine wines. We had the local Vin De Pays which is available in pitchers of Cabernet rosé, Merlot or Sauvignon blanc (0.25 or 0.5 litres) and it went well with the robust food.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

There is really very little I can say about the food here, most of it has already been said ! The crepes are wonderful, with imaginative fillings, the portions are very large, the "petit" salad very definitely isn't !...& the puds are very good indeed. We came here today for lunch, with the temperatures pushing 28c, sat in wonderful shade and enjoyed a wonderful chilled bottle of Bretonne cidre, a treat as you can't get cider many places here, and it washed down our food wonderfully !
This place is also a poterie, with a lot of the work on show to buy. I couldn't resist, and bought the most wonderful hand painted jug....we were shown to the poterie at the rear of the building and watched the English potter painting her pieces...such wonderful handiwork ! This was the icing on the cake of our visit here, and unfortunately for my bank balance, I will have to return, very soon !!! Recommended !!!