“A must go”

Price range: US$6 - US$35
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Seulement trois minutes a pied de la place principale de Esperaza, vous pouvez profiter de l'ambiance unique d'un entrepot industriel fantastique renove. D'excellentes bieres, d'excellents vins et produits du terroir. Un service complet de restaurant. De la musique live et de divertissement.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Sadly I was only able to visit Sain Gobain once in my recent travels to the Aude Region because I only across this restaurant on my last evening.

A charming petit auberge serving the most delcious and fresh food in a fantastically decorated setting. A mix between the moderin and a throw back to the 1960s, Saint Gobain gives off an aire of fun and zazz - movie posters and 1920esq ferns line the room, with excellent choice of music playing off an old duke box. The hostess and maitre-de of the place provided excellent company and service. They jumped immediatly to the challenge when I told them about my food allergies - wheat and dairy free food in France is very difficult to come by but none the less the chef was able to come up with an array of delicious choices which made it very hard to choose! In the end, I went for a gazpachio soup to start served with prawn and avacado (this has now inspired my own lunch at home) followed by duck on a bed of lentils. Both were to die for.

All in all, an extremely fun evening made better with good food, good wine and good company. This is a first in the region - the past couple of visits, there have been no restaurants of similar quality. I will definitley pay Sainf Gobain a visit again!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is exactly the kind of restaurant that is needed in the area.

Everything about our visit was wonderful.
The décor is welcoming, the toilets spotless.
The owners were absolutely adorable.
Cannot wait for our return visit,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We dined at the St Gobain twice in the last week and on both occasions the food was excellent. The quality was faultless and the price incredibly reasonable. The surroundings are eclectic, the ambience pleasant, the service efficient and helpful and the owners very welcoming. Other customers were a little thin on the ground on our visits but the clientele seemed to be a happy mix of both locals and expats. This was an altogether satisfying dining experience and a venue I would recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

It's taken me a while to try this new restaurant, I'm now very glad I have. My meal was fab. The Magret de canard was the best I've ever had! Very relaxing atmosphere and surprisingly for such a big space, nice and cosy with a wood burner. Good wine and good service. I am happy to be able to recommend another restaurant in esperaza.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Our second visit to Le Saint Gobain restaurant certainly did not disappoint. The food was once again excellent as was the wine. The hosts were charming and attentive and we again had a very enjoyable meal. Lovely atmosphere, good company, good service and good food! We will certainly be returning on a regular basis.