All reviews glass igloo once in a lifetime front row northern lights spent one night romantic place small kitchen bucket list electric beds second row romantic stay mother nature full moon worth every penny new moon night watching lounge chairs
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We were warmly welcomed and staff went the extra mile. The location is truly spectacular and we saw aurora from here on 3 nights!
Breakfast had a good variety and the restaurant has great views.
The facilities within the igloos surprised us and the space works really well. The profiling beds are a great feature for enjoying the view and aurora and were very comfortable.
We would highly recommend staying here and would love to return.
Travel tips:
1) visit when there isn't a full moon to get the darkest skies, but aurora is still visible during a full moon.
2) turn lights off in the igloo of an evening and use as little light as possible when moving around the igloo

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robin M
Reviewed 10 August 2018

We stayed here overnight in the Premium igloo, which has uninterrupted views of the fell. We paid extra to book the return transfer from a location in Levi to the accommodation as this was our last night in Levi. Check-in is strictly from 4pm.

We also made a reservation at the Aurora Sky restaurant and opted for the degustation which served modern Scandinavian. Food at the restaurant was excellent. Breakfast was a decent spread as well.

Unfortunately there was no aurora for us that night. I would however, encourage the hotel to reduce the light pollution as much as possible and also ask for other guests to not walk in front of your igloo to "check out" your room - as much as we look fabulous in our pajamas, a bit of privacy and common sense wouldn't go astray. Said couple did this not once but at least 3 times!

There is a small hut that you could use, which you'd need to start the fire yourself.

We were deciding between this place and Kakslauttanen and we chose this place as each igloo had its own shower and toilet.

Also, this may have changed now - but the accommodation previously advertised wiFi in the room - which is non-existent.

I'd recommend staying only for a night - and to tick it off your bucket list

Room tip: Splurge that extra for a Premium igloo
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Foodie_Groupies
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

After having Kakslauttanen on my bucket list for some time, after reading reviews, I decided on Golden Crown Levin Igluts. Since it was a much smaller resort, I felt the service may be better overrall. The reviews were certainly better.

When I Iay my iglut and gazed at the sky through my glass ceiling, I truly felt this is where heaven meets earth. The iglut comfortably fits two and was more spacious than what I had anticipated. There was a kitchenette and private bathroom, with every amenity thoughtfully appointed. There are only 22 igluts so it felt like a little village. To my delight, it snowed everyday with the ground covered with snow and was it was breathtakingly beautiful. It was nice to bundle up and go on a walk through the entire resort to photograph and capture its true essence.

The ski village of Levi has a nice mix of shops and restaurants. Since the igluts were pretty isolated in the wilderness, I stayed in Levi for a couple of days to enjoy the village.

I would go back in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank springleaves
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Location: It’s about 20 mins outside of Levi Village, in an area that is fairly remote (better chance of seeing northern lights).

Check In: starts at 4pm. Hotel emailed to tell us if we need help earlier, to email them ahead of time. Like the rest of Finland, since tipping is not standard, there is not bell staff. So you have to haul your own luggage. But the hotel does provide wooden sleds that makes this a lot easier.

Igloos: The Premium Igloos are in the front row that looks over the valley below with unobstructed views). The standard Igloos are in the second row. We had Igloo #1 and it was AMAZING. I was so surprised with how well designed the igloo was. It was not a big space, but it felt very spacious for 2 people. The room has a king size bed (adjustable for viewing the sky), two club chairs, a kitchenette with a a stove and sink; and pantry (tea & kettle and coffee & coffee pot provided). There’s a closet and bench storage. The bathroom has a sink, toilet and shower (bigger than my NYC bathroom).

Activities: The hotel has snowshoes you can rent for a small fee. We had a lovely afternoon snowshoe in the hill below the igloos. There’s a “path” but it’s not well marked, so you may at some point have to trek through virgin fluffy deep snow. We were the only people out there and it was a fantastic experience in nature.

Shower TIPS: Because of its remote location, the water tanks in the rooms are not huge. I would put this under an “adventure” experience. There were two of us and we took 5-7 min showers each and towards the end, we were running out of hot water. The hot water is also VERY hot. So either plan on showering at different times if you each want long hot showers or manage with shorter showers.

Also, the steam from the showers will steam up the igloos glass roof quickly. So plan your showers to allow at least 20 mins time for the steam to dissipate before it gets dark, or you won’t be able to see the sky from inside.

Bed: The bed was very comfortable and is fully adjustable (head and feet) so you can lay in bed to watch for the Northern Lights. We were up until 2am watching for the lights before going to bed. Since there are no curtains on the glass roof, I woke up with the sunrise, which was beautiful as well. If you want to sleep in, use an eye mask.

Northern Lights: It’s Spring, so it doesn’t get dark until almost 9 pm. The best chance to see the lights are between 11pm-2am. TIP: We were there during a full moon, so the northern lights would have to be very strong for us to see it clearly. We did see them, but it was faint. The lights are come and goes in flashes, so you have to keep your eyes out.

We had an AMAZING time and would highly recommend this once in a lifetime experience. The Northern Lights is just the bonus!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank LuvtoSafari
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

First of all, I want to be clear that I’m not complaining because I was not able to see the aurora lights. I’m not a big fan of it at all, and I totally understand seeing the aurora light is by chance only. My preference is really to look at the pictures in Google. Our experience was way worse beyond that.
We arrived the hotel around 6pm. Nobody helped with any luggage or anything. After getting the key, we dragged our luggage through the deep snow to our glass igloo. The igloo was nice and warm. We loved it so much at first.
We had a nice dinner at their restaurant. Came back to the room, my husband went to take a shower. Not a long one for sure because the bathroom was way too small for him to enjoy. Then my daughter took a shower. In the middle of her shower, while she was covered with soap, the showers went out of hot water!!! The water was freezing cold!!! We had to wrap her up and took her out immediately. My husband went to the front desk to ask for help. Apparently there was no front desk staff working after 8pm. So a woman from the restaurant told us that it’s because we took a long shower so the hot water tank was emptied out, and we would need to wait another hour to get the hot water again. I swear the shower wasn’t long and adding up at most 15 mins. But regardless, I didn’t pay near €800 a night for a room that would run out of hot water. She even asked “You never stayed in a hotel that will run out of hot water before?” NEVER IN MY LIFETIME!!! We asked what happen if after an hour there still wasn’t any hot water. She said there was nothing they could do about it. I seriously didn’t expect anything like this would happen with the price I paid. And btw, YES, WE DO HAVE TO SHOWER EVERYDAY!!!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Fatfishet
Leviniglut, Asiakaspalvelujohtaja at Golden Crown Levi Igloos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feed back. I am very sorry to hear all did not go as expected at your visit.

We do provide the porterage service to help with the luggage with small extra fee. As we need to get extra staff for it normally. Surely if the receptionist has time, they help the guests if possible.

Our igloos are provided individual hot water tanks and heaters each, containing 100 liters of water each. Normally this should be enough at least for 2 persons normal shower time. And it takes approximately 1-2 hours to heat the water again. For this reason it sounds strange that the hot water ran out in 1,5 showerrs, I am truly sorry that this happened to you - we will look into this to prevent this happening again.

I hope you enjoyed your time with us otherwise.
We will defenetely look into these matters and go through this with our staff to be able to improve our service.

Kind regards,