“Quiet when we went”

Rock Cafe Wanha Hullu Poro
Ranked #16 of 49 Restaurants in Levi
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scandinavian, International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Part of the Hullu Poro Group.
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We went early in January and also in the evening and we had the place to ourselves. Food was good, not brilliant as was the service. It was the most dissapointing of our meals in Levi

There are newer reviews for Rock Cafe Wanha Hullu Poro

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Hot wings of death live up to their name! reindeer wad delicious as well as childrens meal and burgers. Nothing was too much trouble a wonderful restaurant

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We came to this restaurant on our 2nd day in Levi. It's true that this is also a night club, it has a dance floor around the corner to the seating area, however when we went on a Monday evening it wasn't busy with just 3 other tables (that we could see) in use. What we later found out is that generally Levi is fairly quiet all over with it being so small.

We ordered a starter of 6 chicken wings, & opted for the 'ultra death sauce' version. These were seriously hot & did not disappoint. They came well presented, with salsa, sour cream & tortilla chips, they were around €7.

For mains, my husband ordered 'the day after' burger (€17) & for myself the pulled pork burger (€16). The waiter was friendly & allowed (for an extra charge of around €1.50) me to mix the menu up slightly by adding hot chilli jam to my burger.

They each came with fries, which were thick with just the right amount of salt to not need anymore adding. I did not try my husbands burger but he thoroughly enjoyed it, all I remember is it had a fried egg in it with all the meat. Both buns were toasted durham wheat. My burger was extremely delicious!! Beef burger, topped with really tasty pulled pork, the hot chilli jam was not spicy but gave it the sweet kick I was hoping for. Towards the end it became a little sickly as it was quite greasy, but for the first 90% it was one of the nicest burgers I've had!

We had 2 drinks each, myself 2 glasses of Pinot Grigio & for my husband 2 pints of beer. The bill came to around €70 so for what we had I'd say relatively reasonable.

As for the waiters, they were very friendly, though we did start with one and by the end had another though I don't believe they'd changed shifts, which is fine just we'd left a tip so hoped the waiter that did all the work at the beginning got it! All in all, we'd definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We popped in here for dinner with the kids on New Year's Day. It was not too busy there was a good mix of diners and drinkers so we hoped having just ordered two burgers with two kids meal that we wouldn't have to wait too long.
We waited over an hour which with two small children was challenging and by the time the food arrived the enjoyment of a meal out was completely ruined.
The burgers were tasty if a little overdone and we wouldn't return again.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

If you like to have just crazy evening out with tourists anl locals and everybody complete good feeling (drunk and crazy) this is your place. Live music and unbelievable groove.