“Best for family all ages babe in arms to ninety plus”
Review of Levi Ski Resort

Lapland Northern Lights Snowmobile Safari from Levi
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Levi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Levi is located in the western Lapland, in the middle of pure nature and large wilderness areas. Levi is the most popular and fast-growing winter sport resort in Finland. Alpine World Cup Race is arranged every November. The first snowflakes usually fall in October-November and the skiing season continues until early-May. With 43 slopes, 27 lifts and more than 200 km of cross-country trails, Levi offers the skiers the best there is. There are different types of slopes and skiing tracks that offer a possibility to enjoy skiing for both beginners and more experienced skiers. In the beginning of the season one can start with skiing on the 9 km long artificial "first snow" track, which is free of charge. The most challenging and well-assorted South Park in Finland for the snowboarders and the freestyle enthusiasts is situated in Levi. NEW Alpine Training Park for racing teams and clubs.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
merseyside
“Best for family all ages babe in arms to ninety plus”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Best memories I will ever ever have of a fab family holiday we our not not even a skiers! Thanks kaz saunders for the funniest memo ever xx would love to return asap food, drink, father christmas and huskys omg missing it so much will return asap with you in mind xxscan burger here we come Emma xx

Visited January 2013
LeviSki, Guest Relations Manager at Levi Ski Resort, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Emma,
thank you for review of our holiday resort.

Best regards,

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I'm 15 and i've been to Levi, Finland 8 times since the age of 4. I learn't to ski there when I was 4 years old, it is such a safe place in which both of my parents where able to leave me at 4 years old with the ski school instructors all of whom are extremely good and amazing at their jobs.
Over the 8 times of which I have been there with my family, we have stayed in most of the hotels within the area! Each and every one of them is brilliant and all the staff are extremely welcoming. My personal favorite hotel/ chalet to stay is at the K5 log cabins. Where it is self catering, however this is the best thing to do when going to Levi as you can eat when you would like.
Every time we have been there as a family we have seen the Northern Lights which I can say are the best thing you will every witness they are beautiful! The last time that we visited Levi in February 2013, we were able to see them 3 times in the week.
In February we were able to take my Godmother and her family of which one of them had never skied before however she loved it going to the ski school by herself even at the age of 17. I was 15 and was able to go of skiing with her son who was 17 and we felt comfortable going around the resort by our selfs and felt completely safe. My mum and dad were also able to go off and they enjoyed them selves thoroughly. However 5 days into our 7 day trip to Levi my Mum was not able to carry on skiing any more, but she was able to go the local tourist information center where they were able to ring up the restaurant on the top on the main slope where she had lunch with the staff, they really looked after her, she has a wail of a time. All 7 of us also went to local husky farm of which I have done before on a previous visit! But Maria was there who owns the farm and she has been there ever since I can remember she was able to remember e from when I was 4 on our first visit there. We all loved it so much to go on a Husky Safari.
To the people who read the reviews on here that are bad I can truly say all of that from my past 8 experiences to Levi none of what they say is true. All of the staff are so nice, they personally go out of their way to help you in any way that is possible! Many of the staff end up recgoinse you within the visits, they will tend to say Hei (hello in Finnish) and Hei Hei (goodbye in Finnish) to you which makes you feel more at home with the staff.
I would strongly recommend Levi to young families as well as families with teenagers, of whom like skiing/ snowboarding, also to families who want to go on their Santa winter get away.
I will definitely be going back there if it's not with my family now it will be with my friends or with my future family that i have myself.

Beth :)

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Beth M
LeviSki, Guest Relations Manager at Levi Ski Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Beth,
thank you for your overwhelming review of our holiday resort. Wow!

Best regards to your family,

London, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Good wide uncrowded pistes”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The pistes are long and well kept, with plenty of variety. Everyone we've met there, and we've been a few times now, has been helpful and polite. OK, it's cold, -20 or so in February, but just layer up and all is fine... but then the cold gives excellent skiing.
The only drawback we found was getting from chalet to the centre, with skies and boots.. but that was solved by using the centre's storage.. it cost a little more, but well worth it.
Beginner slope is wide, and very suitable for children, with a restaurant next to it. Along the slopes are small huts with heat and free drinks.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Goldcat1
LeviSki, Guest Relations Manager at Levi Ski Resort, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Ian,
thank you for your nice review of our skiing services.
We have started a new investment project to South slope area and hope to get a new chair lift, a covered carpet lift and bigger service house ready by season 2014-2015.

Swansea, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“christmas wonderland.”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

went for 2 weeks from 12th dec to 26th dec.skiing for 1st week.christmas experience the following week.-huskie ride, snow mobileing father Christmas grotto and xmas day wonderful rheindeer ride also had a lapish evening. lucky to see northern lights from the air as we were flying into kitilla aieport.was the most amazing holiday ever.was Christmas. chalet had a sauna.was all perfect.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lorna p
Dear Lorna,
thank you for your nice review of our resort. I would like to get your review also of your 1st week about our skiing facilities.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“One of the best for winter sports in Finland”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Have been there many times, there is always new routes for skiing and downhill skiing is good. After parties are themselves worth for the trip ;) If You are lucky You will see beautiful Northern lights in the wintertime.. But not just the winter, but summertime has a lot to offer too, and don't miss the awesome autumn colors!!! But the place is expensive, but exactly a budget vacation..

Visited April 2013
LeviSki, Guest Relations Manager at Levi Ski Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Customer,
thank you for your nice review of our skiing services.