DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside
US$113
US$89
Capetonian Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$84
Fountains Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$213
US$162
  • Breakfast included
Hollow On The Square Cape Town City Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$125
  • Restaurant
The New Tulbagh Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$79
  • Breakfast included
Townhouse Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$155
  • Breakfast included
Parliament Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$66
  • Breakfast included
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$65
US$48
  • Restaurant
1,451 results
All reviewsdouble treewoodstock areawarm cookiescape townloft suiteold biscuit millupper eastsideshuttle servicefree shuttlemodern hotelthe hotel offersrestaurant staffexcellent hotelper dayexcellent stayreception staffwater front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2012

For business in CT, this is a wonderful choice if your work is near the Woodstock area. The rates are incredibly reasonable, service is absolutely excellent, breakfast is complimentary and yummy, you get a period of complimentary Wifi every day (when they join the Hilton group access will be free and unlimited), room service and the restaurant are very good, rooms are comfortable and well-appointed. If I was in CT for vacation it wouldn't be my first choice because it's not in the most scenic location, but if you're coming for business I found it to be pretty perfect for my needs and will stay here again!

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room with a view if possible
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This was my third stay at this hotel and as always it didn't disappoint. The rooms are clean,spacious and well laid out with friendly staff from the concierge to the reception and restaurant. If you are lucky, you can get a room with an exceptional view of table mountain.Considering how expensive Cape Town hotels are, which makes many out of reach for business travelers in this tough economic times, its good to see that the Upper East side has consistently kept its prices at a level that doesn't break the bank - the BB rate during my stay was approx. $100. Getting to and from the city center, V & A waterfront via taxi costs about $10 return.
The breakfast though could do with some variety from day to day as the same stuff is served daily - if you are there longer than 3 days you may be tempted to look elsewhere for a change or exclude breakfast in your package.
While there, I was informed that the hotel is being taken over by the Hilton group from 2013. Going by rates at other Hilton hotels, I expect the prices to change which may mean this might have been my last stay at this hotel which would be a shame.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Njoki K
Reviewed 3 December 2012

The Upper Eastside Hotel, is brilliant. It looks stunning, and the service compliments the look. It offers great value for money as well. The restaurant is great, the staff are helpful and the menu is superb, and the food itself does not let you down. The atmosphere is electric, as there is a great mix of locals, foreigners, business travelers and holiday makers, which makes the experience even more pleasurable. Upper Eastside is just TOP CLASS!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel during the begining and the end of our trip to South Africa. The rooms were pretty spacious and comfortable. I really good hotel considering the price I have paid. The breakfast, room service and internet worked as I expected.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Nice layout and a good option for local business travellers as rooms are functional and comfortable. Oddly, the wall hanging TV was off centre and this had the effect of making the entire room look lopsided.

Nice shower and a choice of different pillows.

If you want to exercise, then welcome to the smallest gym this side of the Atlantic-any more than 2 people and you'll be fully exercised just trying to get in.

Definetly the seedier side of Cape Town so if you're an international tourist I'd suggest looking closer to V&A.
The dinner in my opinion was overpriced, my gnocchi in excess of $12 but dry, bland and looked like a starter portion.

And wonderfully, I was work at midnight by a screeching phone, informing me I couldn't put the evening meal on my room because I hadn't left a credit card imprint at the front desk. Needless to say I was not amused and happily screamed my card number down the line.

Breakfast was as expected, with many options, but not the best layout (breakfast in a library?) and staff seem confused- I had no milk or teaspoon and my neighbor had no sugar, salt or pepper.

Once again the cardinal breakfast sin of one person making eggs, so guests stand in a queue while the rest of their food gets cold. Why not allow waiters to order your eggs and toast and bring separately?

Speaking of toast, I'm still waiting for mine as I write this review.

I booked via a European based online service, and saved about 40% on the local advertised rate. When I queried this at the front desk, they advised this was standard practice and online would always be cheaper than phoning directly. I just don't get it.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business