We have stayed at the Upper Eastside hotel for 7 nights. It was our first week of our honeymoon.
1) It was in a creepy neighborhood, I wouldn't recommend walking at night.
2) Not many taxies know the place.
3) From hotel to the waterfront it costs about 150 ZAR, the way back it cost about 200 ZAR.
4) The hotel had shuttles that take you to the waterfront.
1) Check-in was flawless.
2) Staff was friendly.
3) There is some stores and small grocery in the lobby.
4) Breakfast was good ( For Muslims guests, tell them that you want halal food and they will provide.)
5) We had a burger from room service and it was fine. The order came fast.
6) The concierge was friendly and very helpful in making reservations and recommendations.
7) Room keeping was bad. We had a major issue with Towels, it takes a very long time to bring towels 15+min and sometimes they ignore you. since you will be requesting towels a lot because they will take the old ones and don’t replace them.
1) The room was good.
2) The view of the room was bad due to the location.
3) The bathroom was big and really nice; it had huge bathtub and separate shower.More