DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside
TripAdvisor
Miki Lodge(Woodstock)
TripAdvisor
1,455 results
All reviewsdouble treewoodstock areawarm cookiescape townloft suiteold biscuit millupper eastsideshuttle servicefree shuttlemodern hotelthe hotel offersrestaurant staffexcellent hotelper dayexcellent stayreception staffwater front
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed for five days at the Double Tree by Hilton in June 2014. As this was my first time in Cape Town, my first contact was the welcoming, very friendly and informative hotel driver who picked me from the airport. By the time I reached the hotel, I had most of the information I needed to enjoy my stay in Cape Town. The check in was smooth despite the late hour and of course the welcome chocolate cookie..... Our room was clean and functional. Visiting my daughter studying at UCT, the hotel was very convenient as I was able to travel with ease all around the city.

However, the door latch was broken and despite reporting, it had not been repaired by the time we left.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Francois S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review - I ma delighted that you enjoyed our warm chocolate chip cookie -I must apologise for the oversight in not having the door lock repaired immediately - this is not how i expect my team to respond to guest complaints.

I do hope we get to welcome you back again soon - there is a chocolate chip cookie here with your name on.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

So to start with i have to say i am a Hilton Honors member so chose this hotel because of the price. It was half the price of were my meeting was in the downtown area, and the downtown hotel was at a discount as well, so the savings were even more over hotels there.

Before booking this hotel I read the reviews before hand and i have to say the hotel is in an interesting location. Around the hotel seems to be very industrial, there is a call centre to the left. To the right, it just seems industrial. I never walked around so cant say to much else but the main road there is a major Japanese department store. It also looks like there are shops but i left before they opened and came back after they closed. However if you take the shuttle bus it drives through some area where the homes look pretty nice. A co-worker of mine walked back from the CBD, he said he didnt feel scared but then again he didnt feel totally safe. However that was when it was getting dark so he said he would feel a lot better in the day.

The hotel has a shuttle bus, it goes to the waterfront mall 4 times a day. We also booked the shuttle in the mornings to go to our meeting hotel in the CBD, was 100 rand to take all of us there. It was quick, 10 mins. You could also call the hotel and get them to pick you up. So overall no need to even walk around outside the hotel if you didnt feel comfortable.

The room i got was good, nice and clean and plenty of light. I slept well. All the usual things you would expect.

Breakfast area was good with a good selection. Same area is restaurant area and the hotel seems to be in a complex where there are some other small shops.

The staff were always polite, they knew who i was and would always welcome me back after my long day or say hi in the morning. I even got bunch of free cookies :)

The only thing that went wrong, and hence 4 spots instead of 5 is i booked a car from the airport to the hotel. The plane was an hour late and after waiting for my bag the driver was not there. Had to get a taxi which was around 200 rand. When i got to the hotel the driver was at the desk and he said he had tried to call my cell. Thing is i never knew if he did or not because i had diverted it to voicemail. Didnt want roaming charges. Apart from that place was great and i would bring my family.

For the price and a 10 min ride in a shuttle bus or taxi for 100 rand each way the hotel price was well worth it. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we really appreciate the feedback as this is the only way that we can continuously improve our service. As you mentioned the hotel is located in Woodstock in Cape Town and are just 10 mins from the CBD. Woodstock is part of our new urban regeneration zone and is filled with creative business/ art galleries and the famous Biscuit Mill which is a mere minutes form our Hotel. The Hotel is part of a mixed use development and we have residential apartments / retail and office along side us .

I am delighted that you made use of our free shuttle derive to the V & A waterfront - i apologise mostly sincerely for the over site in our driver not waiting for you at the airport- that really is not how we treat our valued guests.

I do hope that we get to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town Upper Eastside hotel again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

From the moment you arrive in the beautiful foyer you are greeted with professional and genuinely friendly staff. Check-in is a breeze and everything is explained well in and around the hotel and off course we all loved the warm cookie! We were a family of four staying in two adjacent rooms. The hotel and rooms were spotless and quiet. The rooms had everything we needed. From ordering room service and later a shuttle to another venue, everything was effortless and no stress. The meals we ordered was not only delicious but great selection and value for money. The buffet breakfast was outstanding. It was the perfect break away for our family. We felt safe and cared for at all times. Thank you for a wonderful experience - you will see us again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Francois S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking time and effort to complete our guest
questionnaire. We appreciate all the feedback and it gives us even more
pleasure to thank the staff for their continued good efforts as in the
case with your review and experience.

Please do not hesitate to give me a call when you want to visit our hotel
and the surrounding attractions in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel soon again.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife, daughter and I enjoyed a week at this hotel while working and holidaying in Cape Town. The first thing that stands out about the hotel is the friendly and accommodating attitude of all of the staff - from front desk onward. It meant that anything we needed was taken care of quickly and caringly. The rooms were comfortable and had the benefit of being connecting though the front doors so that we could easily pass between them without needing to leave the room! The breakfast was very nice, including an omelette chef every morning. The large lobby area gave us plenty of space and the free WiFi meant that it was a good place to work. We had a car and so were able to get wherever we needed to in Cape Town quickly, with Woodstock being between most of the attractive areas. I enjoyed the fitness room and the view of Table Mountain from our window. The Woodstock area is very "real" and not divorced from the reality of the city as for example, the V and A Waterfront is. The Chinese Cafe and Vida Coffee shop in the hotel were sterling bargains so it was easy to get a snack and the room service menu and quality were first class.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and each time the treatment has been so special. You can truly unwind and relax. The service is exceptional, all the staff are friendly and professional and very well informed. Requests are dealt with promptly and effeciently.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Francois S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel - we are delighted that you enjoyed your 2nd stay with us . We look forward to welcoming you again soon.