“FABULOUS Scores 11 out of 10 for food, service and ambience! FABULOUS”
Review of Jimmy Pickles

Jimmy Pickles
Ranked #16 of 42 Restaurants in Pershore
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Last night I enjoyed a fab meal shared with a dear friend at Jimmy Pickles. We loved every moment from entering through the door! Uncluttered and contemporary the restaurant is immaculate (including the loos) and has an open plan but intimate feel. The staff were attentive (but not in your face) and knowledgable about the food being served including how it is cooked and successfully recommended a fab veggie meal for me. I ate every morsel of delicious starters and main meal, loving the fresh and distinctive flavours. My friend chose meat dishes which again were superb. Thank you to the staff front of house and in the kitchen for a most enjoyable valentines evening! SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!

Date of visit: February 2014

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I went as a group of 8 which we had booked for earlier in the week and confirmed more than once on the phone the day and time of the booking. When we arrived at our arranged time we were told there was no room for us. They checked their diary and had us booked in for the following night and implied that it was us that had got it wrong.

There was a spare 6 seater oblong table by the door, but there was 8 of us. We were told that there was a couple that had finished eating and we could have their table shortly. They were going to tag this round table for 2 onto the end of the oblong table for 6.

We felt this wasn't ideal and we didn't want to stand loitering putting pressure on the couple to finish their drinks. So we walked out and got a table at the Shunarga no problem. The staff at Jimmy Pickles didn't really seem bothered that they were losing a party of 8.

It's a shame because Jimmy Pickles is my favourite Indian restaurant and this is the first issue I've had there.

I will return because I've been several times before and love their food, and the service is normally really good too. Next time I go I'm sure it will be fine. It was just a mix up with the dates, but we didn't appreciate being accused of turning up on the wrong day.

Providing there are no problems the next time I go I will leave an appropriate number of stars on here so they can redeem themselves.

Despite the mix up with the booking I really can recommend Jimmy's for a decent Indian and some more creative dishes that you don't get in your normal Indian restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank Clevs78
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Quirky take on indian food. Try the stuffed yorkies filled with curry !! Nice simplistic ambiance. Friendly service. Always someone in !! Worth a try for sure ! Refreshing !!

Date of visit: October 2013
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Yet again wonderfully fresh great flavours great service and carols tolerated by us bunch and supported by wonderful staff....thanks again!

Date of visit: December 2013
1  Thank RachelFowler
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We have eaten in many different restaurants over the years, and expect a high standard in both food, service and atmosphere. We visited Jimmy Pickles for the first time last night, and I have to say we were not disappointed.
The staff are so friendly, you would have thought we were regulars, with the greeting we had and the attendance during the evening. The food is excellent and very well presented. We were so impressed, that we will be making this a regular thing, despite the 50 mile round trip - thank you to all - Chris & Jason (Brockworth, Glos)

Date of visit: January 2014