“Great ambiance, food and excellent staff”
Review of Jimmy Pickles

Jimmy Pickles
Ranked #16 of 42 Restaurants in Pershore
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Really interesting menu (in a good way), the owner and his staff helped us select something which met our requirements that night. Very friendly, warming environment, and to boot the food was excellent. Fabulous night !!

Date of visit: May 2014

Reviewed 28 April 2014

i left a slightly negative review after my last visit and said I would write a better one once I'd been back, so here it is!

We were child-free for a rare Saturday night so decided to make the most of it and go out, and chose Jimmy Pickles as we've had some really nice meals here in the past and really like it there. We had booked a table, and were seated immediately and drinks orders were taken quickly too. I noticed from looking at the menu that there appeared to be some new dishes compared to the last few times I've been (I think! Either that or I've just not noticed them before!). We weren't quite ready to order when the waiter came back, but he was happy to leave us for another few mins.

We requested some poppadoms to nibble on whilst we continued to look at the menu, but were told that they normally take the popadom order with the main order, and then serve them whilst we were waiting for our starters. We agreed, and carried on browsing the menu.

The order was placed and the poppadoms were brought to the table shortly afterwards with a selection of 4 dips. We hadn't finished the poppadoms and the starters came to the table which we shared and both were very tasty. The mains came out piping hot and were also tasty - I like how they have some fusion dishes on the menu and not just your normal baltis/tikka masalas etc., although the more traditional dishes are also available.

We passed on dessert as we were too full up. The total bill came to £56 - that was for 4 poppadoms, 2 starters, 2 mains, 1 naan bread and 3 pints of Cobra lager. We didn't order rice as one of the mains came with rice anyway and we just shared that. I must admit, their peshwari naans are among the nicest out there - not too big so they fill you up but still tasty and fresh.

Overall, it was a good night out and service was prompt. I also feel that it is good value for money and there is an excellent selection of meals on the menu.

The only issue I have however, is that we would have liked the poppadoms to nibble on whilst browsing the menu because the starters came out before we'd finished them causing the table to be a bit crowded with all the plates. It's also good to space things out a bit when eating out so you don't fill up too quickly. I'm not sure what the reasoning is for taking poppadom orders with the rest of the order and why it can't be taken separately to give us more time to browse the menu.

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We often eat here but often have take aways. Either way the food and service is excellent. One of the best Indian food restaurants anywhere!!! It's always a winner!!!!!

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a great find, modern restaurant with buzzing atmosphere on a Friday night, food was presented with style and vibrant colours, tasted divine. Staff were very friendly and happy to recommend meals to try. Will definitely go back.

Date of visit: March 2014
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Best Indian food I've had. Coming down from Edinburgh with my boyfriend to visit his family we went to Jimmy Pickles as his family had been recommended to go. The menu had a fantastic range of Indian and Thai dishes but also states that if you can't find something to your liking then simply ask.
I can't handle heat in my food so stuck with chicken Pakora for my starter which was delicious and beautifully presented. I then choose a Chicken Makoni as it was mild and yogurt based (I usually go for a Korma). This was hands down the best Indian dish I have ever tasted.

However, we found the service and waiting time pretty poor. It was a busy saturday evening we visited and had booked a table. We were seated straight away and asked for our drink order shortly after. Having nearly finished our first round of drinks we still hadn't been acknowledged since (it was rather busy with people coming in to collect orders). After an hour we were given our starters and about 45 minutes after we finished, our mains.
We understood it was busy but would suggest offering poppodoms to guest whilst they wait (we had to ask twice for them).

Overall, it was a fantastic dish and if we are back down in Worcester I would definitely go back (maybe during the week when its quieter) :)

Date of visit: February 2014