The Angel Hotel
US$140
getaroom.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$53
Priceline
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$66/night.

Evesham Hotel(Evesham)
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$131
Hotels.com
Swan Hotel(Upton upon Severn)
Free cancellation until 31/05
Book now, pay at stay
US$104
US$94
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
White Lion Hotel(Upton upon Severn)
Free cancellation until 01/06
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 26/05
US$88
TripAdvisor
All reviewsworcester suitebroadway suitethe riverplum festivalhigh streetlambold buildinglots of characterevening mealcar parkfood was lovelyfull englishone night staylovely roomwyre piddlea lovely staysunday lunch
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here with our friends for 2 nights over new year , bar and reception all pleasant and well decorated, staff friendly and welcoming. Our room was reasonable but very cold and a little over priced, the bathroom was clean but there was some mould around the sealant which was off putting. Our friends room for which the same price was requested was poor, in particular the bathroom was mouldy and outdated and in need of a major revamp. In fairness the manager came and looked at the room and reduced the price, apparently 3 rooms still need bathrooms updating.Breakfast was good as was evening meal, although being served ' McDonalds style' French fries was disappointing when my meal was advertised as being served with hand cut chips. Had I been told these were not available, I would have ordered something different. I expressed my disappointment when my meal arrived I was told they would knock something off the bill..... they did 95 pence!

Room Tip: ASK to see the room first, avoid the one overlooking the very rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed here on a work trip with nine other colleagues. Our rooms ranged from extremely pleasant to pretty poor, it really did seem to be pot luck. My room was very large and comfortable, seemed to be newly decorated with pretty fittings and wall paper and had a nice vibe. The bathroom seemed like it should be in a different hotel, very tired with a leaking toilet and a cold shower. Cold water was a problem for some of my other colleagues as well. The room itself was freezing at night as there is only a small heater to warm up a very big room. This seemed to be an issue in other rooms as well as the receptionist was handing out extra heaters for people to use at night.
The staff seem very young but are all extremely pleasant and helpful when there is a problem and I think they probably had their work cut out with us as there were a lot of late arrivals and complaints. Breakfast was good and the food in the restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We are locals and wanted to experience eating out on Christmas Day. The menu seemed very appettising and price .... well £60 per head didn't seem too bad. I booked as soon as the menus became available. We have eaten here before and the food, service and atmosphere was good so my expectations were high.

We arrived in plenty of time to have a drink before our meal, first impressions were not good it all seemed a bit chaotic. We had our drink and asked to be showed to our table which was upstairs in a private dining room !! We were very surprised and disappointed, the room was cold and no atmosphere.Hardly any decoration. It reminded me of a cafe/ tearoom.The restaurant downstairs is lovely and full of character and I had presumed that we would have been dining in there,being that we must have been one of the first to book. I should have
checked.

The food was awful, small portions, bad presentation and bland. We hardly ate anything and didn't stay for all courses.

I must say that we were compensated and the assistant manager was most apologetic.

Lesson learnt stay at home and cook.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mandy P
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Booked the hotel for a night away and some Christmas shopping.Saw the menu outside the hotel and looked elsewhere,as it looked dull.Then found that any other eataeries in Pershore looked dull.Returned to hotel and talked to Gregg Smith who seems to be running the gig.Wow,when he described what was "actually" available for dinner my wife and I were both salivating.and we were not disappointed,lamb and pork,varied by us,as starters and mains quite outstanding,..Oh and by the way,loved a couple of drinks in the bar before dinner,the room was great,and breakfast in the morning was terrific and set us up for our final run at Xmas shopping in Cirencester

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed here with my family for a mid week break and had a fab time. It is hundreds of years old but has been really nicely refurbished and it actually quite contempory. We stayed in a room at the rear of the hotel which overlooked the river. We ate a lunch and an evening meal there and it was awesome - I had local sausage and mash for lunch and lamb for my evening meal. Their meats are from their own farm which is quite cool. We also had English wine, never had that before! We are going to go back again - booked in for MArch!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family