“Excellent, excellent”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pershore
Katy, Texas
“Excellent, excellent”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We looked at some of the reviews which were negative, but we brushed them aside as there were some people right or wrong have their own views, we decided to find out. It was my 50th birthday and my wife and I with our closest friends booked the hotel, when we arrived the reception staff were brilliant and very friendly and upgraded us to a luxury room. The room was brilliant. The hotel had a special treat for me which was nice. We went for our meal, I have eaten in many good hotels whilst working away from home, and the food was 10 stars never mind 4 stars, when we ordered the food the meal was brought out my a different waiter and instead of saying who is on this they knew who to serve straight away, total professionalism. They never rushed us, and the evening was brilliant.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We are 2 couples who booked 2 rooms for one night bed and breakfast the Angel on 29th October 2013. The rooms were booked in advance and were paid for in full in the amount of £160.00 at the time of booking. We arrived in the evening and had a drink at the bar and a table for dinner for 4 and we made it clear that it was all to be on one room. The following morning I was given a bill for the four of us for £128.70 which I paid in full by credit card. When I returned from holiday I noticed that the Angel had taken 2 charges from my credit card the one I expected for £128.70 and an additional charge of £159.20. There had been no contact from the Angel regarding this additional payment and they had acted unilaterally to take this payment. My immediate thought was that they had mistakenly charged me for the room again as this new charge was a very similar amount to that which I had paid when booking the rooms.
I phoned the Angel and asked to speak to the manager and was told by the person answering the phone that she was the manager. I tried to explain that I had no knowledge of this other charge but the lady continually talked over me and would not listen. Eventually I got through to her that we had already paid for the room. She then checked her records and found that we had already paid for the rooms and had now been charged again and she said to me that "they" not "we" as obviously it was not her, had mistakenly charged for the rooms again. She the said that they would refund my credit card for the room which would be £120.00 which still left me short by £39.20. She then said that she had separate bills for each room and that I did owe the shortfall of £39.20. I tried to explain to her that everything was on one bill so I could not see how there would be 2 bills but this lady was not for listening unless she was speaking. She then said that she would send copies of the bills to me but needless to say they have never arrived! On the next credit card bill I received, they had refunded £120.00 but I am still £39.20 out of pocket and not being local no chance of recovering.
Obviously I would never stay at this place again and if you do have to use this establishment make sure you pay cash.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank mickjones2
Newent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I so love this hotel, we booked for two nights but ended up stopping for three. It's such a nice place and in a really pretty town. We stayed in a room overlooking the river and it was so peaceful and relaxing. I ended up spending a lot of time sat in my room reading and listening to music as the view was so nice.
I did eat in the hotel each evening and that was very tastey also. I had a very nice pork dish on the first night and a steak on the second and both were exceptional.
I think that the best thing about my stay were how helpfula nd friendly the staff were, they really couldn't do enough to make my stay relaxing and welcoming. I am going to go back in May for another short break.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have great river views
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

we arrived on the 30th of dec ready to share some festive spirit...checking in was a ten minute wait but in all fairness after a sincere apology by a very nice receptionist who gave us a drink on the house rectified the problematic start,,we was looking forward to the advertised dance in the marqee to bring in the new year, again told that this was cancelled ..dissapointed again.. meals was tasty but very very sparing and a bowl of veg and chips was ordered to bolster up our meagre rations.Our.room [superior] was nice but dated showing its age with black mould around the bath, parts of the shower missing and a very small heater to keep you warm that went off very early into the evening..New years dinner a set menu, but partner is a vegetarian so pre booked salmon at least 4 weeks before.. on the night they had NO SALMON,,we was offered hake so reluctantly we accepted, .knowing the sparesness of food you get, we ordered extra veg to .at least make the plate look like it had food on it..the night rolled on when i ordered a double remy martin i was told they had "got none" .. as i could see the bottle i pointed it out to the young girl behind the bar who told me it was champagne,and the sold it by the shot,, so i ordered two shots of champagne [brandy] lol lol. this was served in a straight glass and i was asked if i wanted ice and lemon...i did request at least a brandy glass and in between my laughter one of the other staff rectified the glass issue..5 minutes before midnight the TV was put on a suitable program to let in the new year and we was given a glass of champagne to toast the new year in,,sitting in the bar after with a refreshed double whisky and partners double gin .we got up to go to the loo..on our return both our full glasses had dissapeared although the bar staff had just brought them over,,, discussions took place for replacements and after a lot of persuasion they was replaced,,,, in all we went to bed laughing..i think due to the situation and a few drinks ..i think without the drinks i would have had enough and left ..
i would like to point out that ALL the staff was polite ,willing to please and allways had smiles on there faces, credit to them as i am sure they needed it. to sum up i think it was over priced ..over stated ..poor value and hotel was very dated..so like other replies, look somewhere else if your after value for money...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank david j
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have stopped here about half a dozen time now and have never been disappointed, its a perfect location to catch up with friends. We have stayed in the Worcester Suite, Malvern and Wyre Piddle Luxury rooms, I am always pleasantly surprised that a small local hotel can deliver such great service. The team are great and rely make you feel at home. Breakfast is always first class as is lunch.....see you soon and thanks.

Room Tip: The Suites and Luxury rooms are worth the extra....
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is the fourth and last time we stay at the Angel Inn in Pershore. Time and time again there are significant problems with the plumbing and heating. We've stayed in four different rooms.. We've experienced the coldest temperatures, the coldest baths and showers and broken shower heads. This time, amidst a cold shower and attempting to get hot out of it, the hottest water you can imagine comes out the shower nozzle scalding my skin and sending me flying toward the far end. So dangerous.
This is a warning - save your money and stay somewhere else. We will next time. Angel Inn - never again!

Room Tip: If you must stay- check out the room, turn on the tap and the shower and make sure they work. Turn o...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 68DJO
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here with our friends for 2 nights over new year , bar and reception all pleasant and well decorated, staff friendly and welcoming. Our room was reasonable but very cold and a little over priced, the bathroom was clean but there was some mould around the sealant which was off putting. Our friends room for which the same price was requested was poor, in particular the bathroom was mouldy and outdated and in need of a major revamp. In fairness the manager came and looked at the room and reduced the price, apparently 3 rooms still need bathrooms updating.Breakfast was good as was evening meal, although being served ' McDonalds style' French fries was disappointing when my meal was advertised as being served with hand cut chips. Had I been told these were not available, I would have ordered something different. I expressed my disappointment when my meal arrived I was told they would knock something off the bill..... they did 95 pence!

Room Tip: ASK to see the room first, avoid the one overlooking the very rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pershore
The Wood Norton Hotel
#2 of 2 in Upton upon Severn
The Abbey Hotel
The Abbey Hotel
#5 of 10 in Malvern

Been to The Angel Hotel? Share your experiences!