“Very Comfortable”
Review of The Angel Hotel

The Angel Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pershore
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Very good room, quiet ( we had a room at the back) shower could have been more powerful but we were told all the rooms were to be re-furbished. Staff very friendly especially Manager. Exceptionally good evening meal, would heartily recommend. Well done.

Room Tip: Room at the back.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Travelled down from co durham to visit family living in pershore so I wanted somewhere central. Staff very friendly on arrival. Room very comfortable and spacious. Ate in the restaurant at night. Lovely food and service good. Had drinks in the bar sitting in front of a nice fire. It was very relaxing. Breakfast in the morning was top class. Would definetly book in to the angel again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Another lovely break at The Angel Inn. The food is excellent and the service matched. Our room is as promised for our ebay find and a lovely relaxing eggshell blue. A leisurely stroll around the shops bagged us some bargains too. Hope to return soon.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stay here now and again as I was working in the area. It is a very well appointed small hotel with friendly staff - just what I like when staying away from home. The room as bright and airy and good space for me to work and eat my evening meal. The WiFi worked well and there was plenty of space in the bar/lounge area where I could met with a colleague over a coffee and lunch. I have a couple of hotels that I like in the Cotswolds area and this is definately one of them that I use often.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We looked at some of the reviews which were negative, but we brushed them aside as there were some people right or wrong have their own views, we decided to find out. It was my 50th birthday and my wife and I with our closest friends booked the hotel, when we arrived the reception staff were brilliant and very friendly and upgraded us to a luxury room. The room was brilliant. The hotel had a special treat for me which was nice. We went for our meal, I have eaten in many good hotels whilst working away from home, and the food was 10 stars never mind 4 stars, when we ordered the food the meal was brought out my a different waiter and instead of saying who is on this they knew who to serve straight away, total professionalism. They never rushed us, and the evening was brilliant.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We are 2 couples who booked 2 rooms for one night bed and breakfast the Angel on 29th October 2013. The rooms were booked in advance and were paid for in full in the amount of £160.00 at the time of booking. We arrived in the evening and had a drink at the bar and a table for dinner for 4 and we made it clear that it was all to be on one room. The following morning I was given a bill for the four of us for £128.70 which I paid in full by credit card. When I returned from holiday I noticed that the Angel had taken 2 charges from my credit card the one I expected for £128.70 and an additional charge of £159.20. There had been no contact from the Angel regarding this additional payment and they had acted unilaterally to take this payment. My immediate thought was that they had mistakenly charged me for the room again as this new charge was a very similar amount to that which I had paid when booking the rooms.
I phoned the Angel and asked to speak to the manager and was told by the person answering the phone that she was the manager. I tried to explain that I had no knowledge of this other charge but the lady continually talked over me and would not listen. Eventually I got through to her that we had already paid for the room. She then checked her records and found that we had already paid for the rooms and had now been charged again and she said to me that "they" not "we" as obviously it was not her, had mistakenly charged for the rooms again. She the said that they would refund my credit card for the room which would be £120.00 which still left me short by £39.20. She then said that she had separate bills for each room and that I did owe the shortfall of £39.20. I tried to explain to her that everything was on one bill so I could not see how there would be 2 bills but this lady was not for listening unless she was speaking. She then said that she would send copies of the bills to me but needless to say they have never arrived! On the next credit card bill I received, they had refunded £120.00 but I am still £39.20 out of pocket and not being local no chance of recovering.
Obviously I would never stay at this place again and if you do have to use this establishment make sure you pay cash.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank mickjones2
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I so love this hotel, we booked for two nights but ended up stopping for three. It's such a nice place and in a really pretty town. We stayed in a room overlooking the river and it was so peaceful and relaxing. I ended up spending a lot of time sat in my room reading and listening to music as the view was so nice.
I did eat in the hotel each evening and that was very tastey also. I had a very nice pork dish on the first night and a steak on the second and both were exceptional.
I think that the best thing about my stay were how helpfula nd friendly the staff were, they really couldn't do enough to make my stay relaxing and welcoming. I am going to go back in May for another short break.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have great river views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pershore
The Wood Norton Hotel
Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
Buckland Manor
Buckland Manor
#2 of 6 in Broadway

Been to The Angel Hotel? Share your experiences!